Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Billy Graham

Go down 
+16
zlogdan
corplhicks
Boris2008
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Glower
Olafsto
Mglaffas81
manny
Troublezone
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Lari
nevermore
mikeinfla
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 9:29 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
You can't disprove God's existence. You just think we are intelligent animals that evolved from a random big bang in space. I see no evidence of any other lifeforms in our solar system or galaxy. Why does man exist? Why do humans have a level of intelligence and enlightenment far beyond other animals? Just a coincidence? It doesn't add up...

Troublezone, can you prove that Christianity is right and Islam, Judaism, etc. is wrong...and can you prove your version or interpretation of scripture is right...or is it just your opinion? There have been many civilizations that didn't believe in Jesus who had morals. Atheist have morals. Islam has morals.. You and I both claim to believe in Jesus yet we have completely different theology's and while we share some of the same morals we would disagree on some others.. Opinions?

None of us can prove anything. It's all just personal opinions...
I could say that I see intelligent design in nature, and he'll just say it's random.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 9:50 am

R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 692390
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 9:55 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

It's fine to believe or follow (I don't think people sincerely believe the central premises of their faith) whatever you like - that doesn't bother me at all - just don't try to infiltrate public law with some cherry-picked hatred against the likes of homosexuals and abortion (if you actually read the bible, you'll find that it actually favors abortion) - It's bad enough that you're poisoning your children with nonsense, you should bloody well not influence the rest of society with these stupid, backward, and again stupid views. I'll say it without conceit, I think that raising a child based on any form of religion/interpretation of religion is wrong and disgusting - to actually say to a child that the natural feelings he has towards someone of the opposite sex is wrong is something I can never forgive - I truly believe that religious people are the reason why the republican party still exists, even though they F*ck everyone who isn't extremely wealthy over  

Well, it's nice to know that you care about children and the way they're raised. At least the ones who aren't chosen to be aborted. As for the gay people... I'm not their judge and everyone has their own cross to bear. I don't hate. That's your preconceived assumption.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 2:18 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

It's fine to believe or follow (I don't think people sincerely believe the central premises of their faith) whatever you like - that doesn't bother me at all - just don't try to infiltrate public law with some cherry-picked hatred against the likes of homosexuals and abortion (if you actually read the bible, you'll find that it actually favors abortion) - It's bad enough that you're poisoning your children with nonsense, you should bloody well not influence the rest of society with these stupid, backward, and again stupid views. I'll say it without conceit, I think that raising a child based on any form of religion/interpretation of religion is wrong and disgusting - to actually say to a child that the natural feelings he has towards someone of the opposite sex is wrong is something I can never forgive - I truly believe that religious people are the reason why the republican party still exists, even though they F*ck everyone who isn't extremely wealthy over  

The Republican Party is still around because there are a lot of conservative people who believe in small government, capitalism, etc. It's got nothing to do with Religion.

And your hatred toward religious people isn't any different than their hatred toward a certain group.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

The Republican Party is still around because there are a lot of conservative people who believe in small government, capitalism, etc. It's got nothing to do with Religion.          

C'mon now, Thrashy. A huge majority of the Conservative Right/GOP involves religion in their political decisions. I imagine they are shaking their heads at themselves having to support this Harlot-in-Chief right now, though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

C'mon now, Thrashy.  A huge majority of the Conservative Right/GOP involves religion in their political decisions.  I imagine they are shaking their heads at themselves having to support this Harlot-in-Chief right now, though.

Most Republicans didn't want Trump. They just begrudgingly backed him when it came down to him and Killary. It's clear people got fed up with the status quo and took a chance on Trump because he isn't a career politician.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 8:35 pm

"Most Republicans didn't want Trump. They just begrudgingly backed him when it came down to him and Killary. It's clear people got fed up with the status quo and took a chance on Trump because he isn't a career politician."

Well it's true some of the hardcore Republicans did not like Trump or back him in the beginning but a lot of Republicans did Back Him.... he only won because we use electoral voting...  The actual vote count of the people showed that people voted for Hillary Clinton way more than Trump and if we use the vote of the people Trump would have lost in a landslide.... that's why this electoral thing needs to go away....as for what saxon said he's exactly correct... Republicans consistently use evangelical christian religious ideas to try to pass laws that are completely unconstitutional.... a lot of them also would vote there specific religious ideas even if it went against their constituents... billions of dollars are spent on lawsuits because conservative Republicans consistently try to break the law... Ten Commandment signs at schools and in front of courthouses, Banning gay marriage, Banning transexuals in the military all unconstitutional.... our constitution as well as the framers like Thomas Jefferson completely advocated for separation of church and state...i for one call for seperation of church and state...
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 4:06 pm

We have separation of church and state...the government is not being run out of some pastor's office somewhere....and why is it only a Republican/conservative problem? No one seems to get too upset when Democrat politicians speak in black churches and hold voter registration drives.
Without the electoral college, all you would have to do to win a national election is win a majority of the top 50 largest metro areas...everyone in a rural area might as well set their vote on fire, because it wouldn't matter. We have a representative republic, not a pure democracy, which is nothing but mob rule.
Gay marriage is not banned, people should be able to marry whoever they want, but leave me out of it. I don't want to be forced to participate or publicly affirm my support for it...last I checked, I'm still allowed to have my own thoughts and opinions.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 9:45 pm

I agree, the electoral college is necessary for the less populated areas. They couldn't compete with the massively overpopulated big city votes.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 am

Most people grossly misunderstand "Separation of Church and State!"

Pray tell, what "unconstitutional laws?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 am

https://www.catholic.com/audio/cal/7470

https://www.catholic.com/audio/cal/7822
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 am

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 9:39 am

Why is this thread still going? scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 am

I'm not sure, sorry I bumped it - I don't usually get carried away like that, just lock it Freddy Smile

Never drink and post
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Just a few more wiseass words from us heathen scandinavians and all the biblebelt boys in here will be convinced that god is just a man made illusion......

lol!

Politics and religion is rather pointless to discuss in forums like this, but still we keep on doing it.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Really... it went nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 5:47 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought there was some intelligent debate. Maybe not all to TZ's liking, though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought there was some intelligent debate.  Maybe not all to TZ's liking, though.

Give an example... I thought it was mostly just bickering and a little bit of slander.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought there was some intelligent debate.  Maybe not all to TZ's liking, though.

Give an example... I thought it was mostly just bickering and a little bit of slander.

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I've seen some relatively intelligent debate back and forth.  I've seen a wide difference of opinion but so far this thread seems like a comparatively healthy exchange of ideas, especially given the potentially volatile nature it took.  It certainly hasn't devolved into the BS I thought it would.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am

Troublezone wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's the "go to" argument with people like you - you know that you have nothing, so you'll you will have to attack ad hominem - your view of the world is wrong, and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am

This isn't even a debate - facts are facts
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

And your hatred toward religious people isn't any different than their hatred toward a certain group.

What? Are you serious? There is a stark difference which I will lay out for you now - I'm not trying to take anyone's rights away, I'm not invading anyone's privacy - but the Republican Party is - so yes, there is a big difference
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 2:30 am

Are you drinking again Mglaff? Razz

Seriously though, we're not gonna change each other's beliefs so I'll just agree to disagree.

Note to self: Stay out of these political threads.Haha
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 9:36 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's the "go to" argument with people like you - you know that you have nothing, so you'll you will have to attack ad hominem - your view of the world is wrong, and you know it.

Oh it's you again...
Are you stuck on stupid? What is it that you're trying to accomplish? Are you gonna keep this up til everyone on this board agrees with you! Get over yourself! Someone mentioned that you're a drinker... that might explain your OCD like fixation with this thread and topic. You should get some help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Billy Graham
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4