Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Billy Graham

Go down 
+16
zlogdan
corplhicks
Boris2008
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Glower
Olafsto
Mglaffas81
manny
Troublezone
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Lari
nevermore
mikeinfla
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

R.I.P. Billy Graham Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 am

Rev. Billy Graham has passed away at age 99. I remember going to see him in 1976 at the Pontiac Silverdome. I would have been around 5 years old but vividly remember being there.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:56 pm

R.I.P.

I never saw him except on TV. May you rest in peace Rev. I have no doubt that you will.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm

I read that post and thought it was the wrestler. Silverdome and all, but 99, surely not?

Googled, I don't know this guy.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Sad news but he lived a good life. See you in paradise one day sir.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

There's no denying the man had a huge impact on the world.  RIP sir.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 6:59 pm

99 is a very long life. And he was so close to joining the centennial club!

Bless him for his years of good work. RIP
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Probably the most well known televangelist. And 99? That is a long life.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 7:33 pm

I just saw a recap of his life and it said he was sometimes referred to as "The Protestant Pope".  I like that.  I think it fits.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 pm

I am not a strong believer in anything, but this man seemed to be the real deal
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm

To my knowledge, he managed to avoid any big scandals his whole life. You can't say that about most other big name preachers.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
To my knowledge, he managed to avoid any big scandals his whole life. You can't say that about most other big name preachers.

Yep he truly was a man of God.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 am

A televangelist (businessman) racketeer? Who cares?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:45 am

He wasn't a televangelist. He was an preacher who happened to be in tv. He never ever asked for a dime. Televangelists ONLY ask for dimes.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

He didn't ask for money. And as far as caring...  millions do. Probably not in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

He didn't ask for money. And as far as caring...  millions do. Probably not in Denmark.

Or Norway... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Sorry, that was ignorant of me, I guess - well, he was a preacher, which means he still pounded untruth and immorality into people's minds.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Sorry, that was ignorant of me, I guess - well, he was a preacher, which means he still pounded untruth and immorality into people's minds.

How?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're saying bad things about a person you most likely know nothing about just because you don't like Christianity.

And what do you mean immorality? Loving thy neighbor and helping others is immoral to you?? Shocked

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Or Norway... Laughing

I'm willing to bet there's still a lot of Lutherans in Nordic countries, they just don't advertise it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:42 am

Troublezone wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Or Norway... Laughing

I'm willing to bet there's still a lot of Lutherans in Nordic countries, they just don't advertise it.

Of course thre are some left, and they do advertise it don`t worry about hat Smile

The Nordic countries are among the most secular societies in the world. We have free speach, freedom to believe and practise any religion you feel like.
Be patient you will get there too in a generation or two. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 6:45 am

I see that they are having him lie in Honor at the Capital Rotunda. A rare occurrence for a private citizen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Or Norway... Laughing

Of course thre are some left, and they do advertise it don`t worry about hat Smile

The Nordic countries are among the most secular societies in the world. We have free speach, freedom to believe and practise any religion you feel like.
Be patient you will get there too in a generation or two. lol!

What are you talking about? I live in California. We are probably the most diverse place on earth! And the United States pretty much invented modern democracy! But I am my own person! I don't just "fall in" with what the government tells me or whatever the current trends are in secular society.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 pm

For me, Billy Graham was a big part of the eighties.
On TV, outdoor stadiums, singing, preaching. I'd watch. And I'm a Catholic !
Leo Buscaglia was big with me, too, in the 80's -
Glad - OZZY sang - " Miracle Man " - about someone else !
Suicidal Tendencies " Send Me Your Money " was a great one.
Tyrant had " Listen to the Preacher " King Diamond, oh yeah, your the preacher !
Any other songs about that theme - ?

I always wondered who would die first Mother Angelica or Billy G
I also remember Superstar Billy Graham -
he was pretty cool wrestler, like Jesse, the body, Ventura !
Billy lived a long life, when compared to someone like Bon Scott.
I think Lemmy's age is a good year to call it quits.
I wonder what metal rocker will pass - in his nineties !

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:49 am

Well, the fact that the president of the United States pretty much de facto has to declare him/herself a Christian and be sworn in with one hand placed on the bible, is pretty damn sick in my opinion - to have the government even mention "god" (as in, talk about it as if it has any bearing) in a public forum is backward and really inappropriate.

PS - I realize that, constitutionally, the president can practice any religion he/she likes, that's why I wrote de facto.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:56 am

Do you lose sleep at night over things like that? It's just a tradition. Every society has them in one form or another. I doubt every president sworn in actually lived a devoutly religious personal life. Many people find comfort believing in a higher power (like your hero James Hetfield). But in a communist society, it's the opposite. They promote nonbelief.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Graham   R.I.P. Billy Graham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Billy Graham
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next