Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graham Bonnet

Go down 
+2
Lari
assault_attack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 1:06 am

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
GRAHAM BONNET Vows To Move Forward With His Version Of ALCATRAZZ, Says New Lineup Will Be Announced In The Spring
December 4, 2020 15 Comments

GRAHAM BONNET Vows To Move Forward With His Version Of ALCATRAZZ, Says New Lineup Will Be Announced In The Spring
Play Alcatrazz
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
Graham Bonnet says that he will "still be recording and performing with ALCATRAZZ" despite the fact that he has parted ways with the musicians who performed with him on the band's latest album, "Born Innocent".

Earlier today, ALCATRAZZ members Jimmy Waldo, Joe Stump, Gary Shea and Mark Benquechea issued a statement saying that will be joined by singer Doogie White (RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST) for all their 2021 touring. The announcement came less than a month after Bonnet said that he was "no longer affiliated" with ALCATRAZZ's manager Giles Lavery." At the time, the other ALCATRAZZ members shot back, saying that they were "still represented" by Lavery and blasting Bonnet for "dictat[ing] to us who our collective or individual manager may or may not be."

Earlier today, Bonnet released the following statement via his social media:

"Hey everyone! Graham here. I've received some messages this morning in reference to the press release by my former band members and feel compelled to address them here rather than respond individually.

"Just to be clear, I will still be recording and performing with ALCATRAZZ. I am the founder and main songwriter and have been since the band's inception in '83.

"I'm currently in the studio finishing up the third GRAHAM BONNET BAND album and once delivered, I will begin working on a new ALCATRAZZ record.

"I'll be announcing the incredible new ALCATRAZZ line-up in the spring and can't wait to take this show on the road! See you then!"

When Waldo, Stump, Shea and Benquechea announced that they were working with White, they vowed to put on "an explosive live show featuring all of the ALCATRAZZ classics that you know, plus added selections from Doogie's work with RAINBOW and MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST/TEMPLE OF ROCK." They also floated the possibility of "a couple [of] new songs as well."

Waldo, Stump, Shea and Benquechea's version of ALCATRAZZ has launched a Facebook page where they will be posting all their news going forward.

"Born Innocent" was released in July via Silver Lining Music. The LP featured Bonnet alongside fellow founding members Waldo and Shea, plus guitarist Joe Stump. Chris Impellitteri wrote the music and played all guitars on the "Born Innocent" title track, while Bob Kulick wrote and laid down guitar for "I Am The King". Former ALCATRAZZ guitarist Steve Vai wrote "Dirty

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 1:08 am

Crazy? How do you get fired from your own band?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 2:22 am

assault_attack wrote:
Crazy? How do you get fired from your own band?
That happened in Battle Beast with Anton Kabanen. He was the lone founder, songwriter, mastermind and head of the band. He turned the band into a limited liability company with every band member having equal share. Later things got sour and the other band members voted him out. The majority got to keep the band name and back catalog.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:21 am

I don't own any releases by Alcatrazz yet. But I have many albums with Bonnet behind the mic.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 11:08 am

It's also kinda odd that Doogie White was chosen. Considering he and Graham are also in Michael Schenker Fest together.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 11:57 am

I still love GB with Impellitteri on Stand in Line! Fantastic album!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 12:15 pm

exact33 wrote:

Yes I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 12:48 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Yes I totally agree.

Was lucky to find this one at a record store in Cyprus about 2 years ago.

Great album.

Gonna give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Yes I totally agree.

Was lucky to find this one at a record store in Cyprus about 2 years ago.

Great album.

Gonna give it a fresh spin.

I was just thinking the same thing!

assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 3:05 pm

I know I have mentioned before I saw Impellitteri with Bonnet in San Jose, ca.

I believe it was only American show they did.

They went too Japan played two shows and Bonnet quit the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graham Bonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Bonnet   Graham Bonnet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graham Bonnet
Page 1 of 1