Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+35
Lurideath
exact33
stpatrik
tohostudios
candlemass
nevermore
zlogdan
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Runicen
glassprison
kethdredd
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
DevZor
Thrasher73
James B.
Eyesore
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
assault_attack
thejokeriv
Wayne
Wurthless
corplhicks
bgsully
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
chewie
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I actually heard a few songs on those O:M albums that were good...but there were several that were ugh.

There are some good songs on each album, but a lot of awful stuff too. I mean, the Resurrection album starts with like four interludes in a row. No joke. The running times are 1:41, 2:21, 0:30, and 1:10. It's absurd. Haha. Out of all three albums, the only song I'd really call great is "Re-Inventing the Future." Love that one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pm

The only one I own is "The Key" and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 10:38 pm

the sentinel wrote:

They get progressively worse.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 2:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
I'm always amazed when other musicians are so damn hard on bands. They are not a tribute band at all. Yeah, you don't like the new stuff, it's not as good as the stuff they put out when you were younger. How many bands are doing that? Honestly.

You're not young anymore. Bands aren't blowing you away in the same manner and they never will. That's life. Even if a band does really impress you with an album, it's not even remotely the same as when that happened in your teens.

Generally true, save for Saxon, I find their recent material better than their classics...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 am

I was going to say that I think "Redemption" is a legit good song and one they should always keep in their set list.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

They get progressively worse.

Somehow, I knew that. Thanks, Ken. Laughing
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am

candlemass wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'm always amazed when other musicians are so damn hard on bands. They are not a tribute band at all. Yeah, you don't like the new stuff, it's not as good as the stuff they put out when you were younger. How many bands are doing that? Honestly.

You're not young anymore. Bands aren't blowing you away in the same manner and they never will. That's life. Even if a band does really impress you with an album, it's not even remotely the same as when that happened in your teens.

Generally true, save for Saxon, I find their recent material better than their classics...

I think you have a good point there, brother. Like I said before, I only got into Saxon about 11-12 years ago thanks to Ult and NLTM; so while I pretty much love all of their material my feelings toward the early '80's output isn't colored by nostalgia (the way it is for bands I have loved since 1985) and I can be more objective.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Great point about the stuff not blowing you away like it did when you were younger. It's tough to recapture that feeling of "back in the day" as it was all so fresh and undiscovered. Everything was burgeoning. Now, we have had 30+ years of bands and genres. There is nothing new and undiscovered. It's all become derivative. It's the nature of the beast. We are lucky to some degree that the bands we loved 3 decades ago are still around in some shape and form (even if they are a shell of their former selves: Tate, Don Dokken, Vince Neil, Mark Slaughter) and still recording and touring. I get a rush when I hear that an old '80's band or artist is putting out something new. Then, as the release day approaches, I have to temper my expectations as I realize they are not the same band as 30 some odd years ago and are not in the same mental and physical space. Most times I am nonplussed, but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 am

the sentinel wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Great point about the stuff not blowing you away like it did when you were younger. It's tough to recapture that feeling of "back in the day" as it was all so fresh and undiscovered. Everything was burgeoning. Now, we have had 30+ years of bands and genres. There is nothing new and undiscovered. It's all become derivative. It's the nature of the beast. We are lucky to some degree that the bands we loved 3 decades ago are still around in some shape and form (even if they are a shell of their former selves: Tate, Don Dokken, Vince Neil, Mark Slaughter) and still recording and touring. I get a rush when I hear that an old '80's band or artist is putting out something new. Then, as the release day approaches, I have to temper my expectations as I realize they are not the same band as 30 some odd years ago and are not in the same mental and physical space. Most times I am nonplussed, but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.

We just have to be okay with something being good. Because in reality, the stuff that blew us away when we were younger is likely just good to most other people. That's why I'm okay when I'm simply entertained by a solid album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
We just have to be okay with something being good. Because in reality, the stuff that blew us away when we were younger is likely just good to most other people. That's why I'm okay when I'm simply entertained by a solid album.

Can't agree here, some art pieces are timeless treasures...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 12:55 pm

candlemass wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Absolutely. This "all art is subjective" stuff is total baloney.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm

There's nothing wrong with stuff just being good. I can't definitively say any of the Todd-Ryche stuff is bad. It just doesn't float my boat. Smile

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There's nothing wrong with stuff just being good. I can't definitively say any of the Todd-Ryche stuff is bad. It just doesn't float my boat. Smile

Yup, never will be considered classic.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Plus your tastes change/evolve.

I pulled out the original Mindcrime album a while back.  That album just blew me away "back in the day".  This time I couldn't even get through it; I kept thinking "Geez this thing is ponderous"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:44 pm

candlemass wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yup, never will be considered classic.

How many bands out there, who have been part of a 35 year movement are using this as a barometer? I don't even think the idea of creating something classic is on their minds. Would they like to maximize their album sales and hope for something beyond what their hopes are for a record? Sure, but I think they realize even if something could possibly be on par musically with something decades ago, it just would be viewed differently.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I pulled out the original Mindcrime album a while back.  That album just blew me away "back in the day".  This time I couldn't even get through it; I kept thinking "Geez this thing is ponderous"

This record still holds a special place for me. In fact, this week, I listened to the album in it's entirety and then listened to Operation Livecrime. I still really love both!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I thought that in 1988 and I still think that in 2018.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Your tastes may change of course, and likely will, never the less lp's like "Operation Mindcrime" are timeless classics that objectively time and taste can never change.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 2:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Absolutely.  This "all art is subjective" stuff is total baloney.

Okay, then you admit that Def Leppard's Hysteria is the greatest album of all time?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 2:55 am

candlemass wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yup, never will be considered classic by us old farts.

Fixed that sentence. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 8:04 am

Oh, but the youth of today will consider these classics 20 years from now! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 am

candlemass wrote:
Oh, but the youth of today will consider these classics 20 years from now! Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:43 am

Look, most of the folks who go to see these old classic bands are drones who want to re-live their youth and hear all the classics, regardless of how good or bad the new material is, they couldn't care less about it. Same thing w/Saxon, many of us love their latter albums, but go to any show of theirs and you are going to hear very few cuts from those, w/few exceptions. Even in the late 80's when I saw Sabbath on the "Headless Cross" tour, 3 cuts from that lp and none from "Eternal Idol." When folks went to see Robert Plant back in the day they all wanted "Zeppelin Man!" Remember all the flack Maiden got when they were playing mostly new material a while back, and what they did about it? Go on the massive "Somewhere Back in Time" tour!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am

tohostudios wrote:

I loved it back in the day and still love it now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:57 am

I listened to "Mindcrime" so much back in the day that I kinda burnt myself out on it. I still think it's a great album but it doesn't get much play nowadays.

On the other hand, "Rage For Order" still rules headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next