Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Go down 
+20
corplhicks
nevermore
glassprison
Lurideath
the sentinel
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Lari
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Addy
Wrecked Neck
manny
Required Fields
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Do you guys think Ace and Peter will play for a few shows, particularly the last few shows of the tour?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm 50/ 50 on this. Because it's Kiss, I kind of don't believe it's really "the end" but because it's Kiss (and given the ages Gene and Paul will be when this wraps up) it probably is the end. I think Metalguy had a good idea about the scaling back on the bells and whistle and playing smaller, less cumbersome shows. But, knowing Gene and Paul as we do, we all know that's not going to happen. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Do you guys think Ace and Peter will play for a few shows, particularly the last few shows of the tour?

I am sure one or both of them will make at least one "surprise" appearance over the course of the tour. Ace just did some gigs in Australia wuth Gene's solo band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 1:28 am

Well I think it is the end for KISS. But I think there will be a newer version of KISS with the same makeup and shit and they will brand that name HUG
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Well, the End of the Road tour kicked off in Vancouver last night. Like many people had speculated, it's pretty clear when you look at the videos that Paul is lip-syncing a significant amount. I'm glad I was able to see them a few times before it came to this.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 3:16 pm

It was 20 years ago when they had their farewell tour. A friend of mine went to see them (he was a big fan), and said he was left a little disappointed. The reality was that it was a bunch of old geezers wearing leather, trying to keep up, and it was obvious at the time.

I can't imagine how they'll look in this farewell tour, two decades later.

I bought Sonic Boom and it was decent. Pretty good. Even that was a decade ago.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 3:20 pm

It's just time (probably past time to be honest) to hang it up. With all the lip synching and bickering in the press. Just stop.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I am sure one or both of them will make at least one "surprise" appearance over the course of the tour. Ace just did some gigs in Australia wuth Gene's solo band.

I don't know, man. It seems Gene and Ace are bickering again. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Wish I had been into the band more when they were doing the farewell tour. My first KISS show was on the Alive 35 Tour in 2008. It was great because they played basically the entire Alive album, and Paul's vocal issues had only started to set in. Prior to that I had seen him on tour in support of Live To Win, which was really cool because he played a bunch of stuff KISS rarely does live anymore.

I've seen them three times since they toured with Def Leppard in 2014, and each one I've counted as possibly the last time before it just becomes unbearable. I could deal with down-tuning and super scratchy vocals, but lip syncing was the last straw for me.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Lari wrote:
It was 20 years ago when they had their farewell tour. A friend of mine went to see them (he was a big fan), and said he was left a little disappointed. The reality was that it was a bunch of old geezers wearing leather, trying to keep up, and it was obvious at the time.

There are some none-too-flattering photos from the opening night.
https://vancouversun.com/gallery/kiss-the-end-of-the-road-world-tour-in-vancouver

Paul looks like he's still in pretty good shape. Gene on the other hand. Now I know it's partly the costume and some bad angles, but it looks like he's wearing a giant diaper. It's not a good look for a near 70-year old man.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:37 pm

Quote :
I don't know, man. It seems Gene and Ace are bickering again. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

There's that, and given how carefully choreographed and scripted everything is with the prerecorded vocals, I'm not sure there's much room for a wildcard element like a former member joining. I guess *maybe* for a Gene vocal song--especially like Rock and Roll All Nite where there is so much going on with the confetti and fireworks and lasers that hardly anyone would notice what's going on with the music anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Here's the setlist from opening night:

01. Detroit Rock City
02. Shout It Out Loud
03. Deuce
04. Say Yeah
05. Heaven's On Fire
06. War Machine
07. Lick It Up
08. 100,000 Years
09. God Of Thunder
10. Cold Gin
11. Psycho Circus
12. I Love It Loud
13. Hide Your Heart
14. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
15. Love Gun
16. I Was Made For Lovin' You
17. Black Diamond

Encore:

18. Beth
19. Do You Love Me
20. Rock And Roll All Nite

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Not the most adventurous set list is it? A lot of the same ol' same ol'.

Also, "Hide Your Heart?" Bleah.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Most performers who have ever been big tend to do a "Greatest Hits" oriented set when they tour and don't have a newly released album they're promoting. Not very surprising. (Although there are obvious exceptions to that, such as Bruce Springsteen.)

Last edited by Required Fields on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 1:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:

There are some none-too-flattering photos from the opening night.
https://vancouversun.com/gallery/kiss-the-end-of-the-road-world-tour-in-vancouver

Paul looks like he's still in pretty good shape. Gene on the other hand. Now I know it's partly the costume and some bad angles, but it looks like he's wearing a giant diaper. It's not a good look for a near 70-year old man.

I just can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars to sit and watch something like that. Those photos justify my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 2:11 am

glassprison wrote:
Well, the End of the Road tour kicked off in Vancouver last night. Like many people had speculated, it's pretty clear when you look at the videos that Paul is lip-syncing a significant amount. I'm glad I was able to see them a few times before it came to this.

Wow that's such bullshit! I didn't have much respect for that band as it us, but what little respect I did have is completely gone now.

Really sucks they were the first concert I went to way back on the Animalize tour. They were so boring (and I loved Kiss back then) that we left midway through the show. Saw them one more time on their farewell tour twenty years ago, and was pretty bored again. Was better than Animalize, guess because they were in full makeup and fear, but it was also WAY overpriced, and much too short of a show. Walked away feeling cheated. Swore I'd never give them another dime of my money, and I haven't since then.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 7:06 am

Lord knows, I'm probably one of the bigger Kiss fans left on this forum but even I won't be attending this shitshow, haha.

I saw Eric Carr's final show in 1990, the Revenge tour in 92, and the original lineup in 1996 on the Reunion Tour. I'm good.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 am

Quote :
I saw Eric Carr's final show in 1990,

Wow! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 10:33 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
I saw Eric Carr's final show in 1990,

Wow! That's awesome!

Yup. Of course, I didn't KNOW it would be his last-ever show at the time, haha. It was the last gig of the Hot in the Shade tour at Madison Square Garden (November 1990), and he passed away just about a year later.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 6:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Here's the setlist from opening night:

01. Detroit Rock City
02. Shout It Out Loud
03. Deuce
04. Say Yeah
05. Heaven's On Fire
06. War Machine
07. Lick It Up
08. 100,000 Years
09. God Of Thunder
10. Cold Gin
11. Psycho Circus
12. I Love It Loud
13. Hide Your Heart
14. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
15. Love Gun
16. I Was Made For Lovin' You
17. Black Diamond

Encore:

18. Beth
19. Do You Love Me
20. Rock And Roll All Nite

Not a bad setlist, but there should be a song or two from Revenge. And as for those photos, who cares? That's about what you should expect from men pushing 70.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 12:25 pm

No chance I'd pay that much money to watch an Ace impersonater.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Saw them at Donington in the 80's and didn't care for them then. In fact them following the equally nauseating DLR I'm surprised I even held out for Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 pm

The rumors that Paul is lip syncing to pre-recorded tracks on the current tour are gaining traction:

http://www.alternativenation.net/kiss-accused-fans-lip-syncing-new-video-end-scam-tour/

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The rumors that Paul is lip syncing to pre-recorded tracks on the current tour are gaining traction:

http://www.alternativenation.net/kiss-accused-fans-lip-syncing-new-video-end-scam-tour/
Yeah pretty obvious he's not singing. So glad I didn't shell out the cash for that shit show.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 1:48 pm

I watched the beginning of both Jan31 and Feb1 shows on YT today...he's totally miming.

PostSubject: Re: KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"   KISS coming to the "End of the Road?" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: