Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue - New Tattoo

Go down 
+12
jstate
the sentinel
Troublezone
manny
akeldama
Metal Misfit
Getizzyback
nevermore
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Motley Crue - New Tattoo Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 pm

What's everyone's opinion on this CD?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 pm

I like it quite a bit.It seems to have a little modern flair to it but I wore this album out when I first got it.I think its better than albums like Generation Swine or even Saints of Los Angeles.The songs on here are much more memorable.Lots of catchy hooks.Fake and Dragstrip Superstar are my faves
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm

It's been awhile since I've listened to it, but from what I recall it was pretty decent. Poppier, less experimental and more accessable than Generation Swine. Coulda been a little more gritty, especially for a Crue record, but a decent listen.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:36 pm

I got it for free once in 2000 through my work and I remember it as an OK album, but nothing spectacular. I've sold it since, so I can't really say much else.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:04 pm

It's a pretty good album. Not their best by any stretch but a solid release.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:23 pm

I was surprised how good it was when I first heard it. I like
it much better than Generation Swine, but it don't come close to
Saints Of LA.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 pm

2nd weakest Crue album. It's not horrible, but it's nothing special and doesn't feel or sound like the Crue. Motley was treading dangerously close to "just another 80s band gone small time" territory.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:20 pm

I like it, it's better than Swine,T.O.P. & S.O.L.A. It's the best thing they've done since they (much to my dismay) got rid of John Corabi.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:54 pm

I think the album's lyrics are even more absurd then usual, and it is the worst Motley Crue album in their history. I am a Crue fan, I can even find nice things to say about 'Girls! Girls! Girls!' on a occasion but this album of a band trying to relive past glories and trying to sound shocking.

Their are some decent songs scattered through out the disc but Nikki Sixx is a better songwriter than this album indicates. When I am in the right mood it can be a fun listen but also very forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:56 pm

This is that one with the girl drummer right?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:37 pm

nevermore wrote:
It's a pretty good album. Not their best by any stretch but a solid release.

I agree 100%. Much better than Generation Swine.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:41 pm

At first it did nothing for me. But over time I've come to find enough about it to like that it still gets played.

I still haven't played the live bonus disc all the way through yet.

Randy Castillo was the drummer on the album while Samantha Maloney toured for it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

Quote :
Randy Castillo was the drummer on the album while Samantha Maloney toured for it.

That's correct.

I saw them live on that tour and it was kinda disappointing. They seemed to be phoning it in the night I saw them. Scaled back stage show and no energy. Like 'em or not, Motley Crue is Vince, Mick, Nikki and Tommy. Pull anyone of those 4 from the line-up and it's just not the same.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Like 'em or not, Motley Crue is Vince, Mick, Nikki and Tommy. Pull anyone of those 4 from the line-up and it's just not the same.

I have to agree with you on this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Like 'em or not, Motley Crue is Vince, Mick, Nikki and Tommy. Pull anyone of those 4 from the line-up and it's just not the same.

True. However, Samantha Maloney's boobs are much nicer than Tommy Lee's.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:19 am

First half of the cd is good, but gets boring towards the end.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm

manny wrote:
I think the album's lyrics are even more absurd then usual, and it is the worst Motley Crue album in their history. I am a Crue fan, I can even find nice things to say about 'Girls! Girls! Girls!' on a occasion but this album of a band trying to relive past glories and trying to sound shocking.

Their are some decent songs scattered through out the disc but Nikki Sixx is a better songwriter than this album indicates. When I am in the right mood it can be a fun listen but also very forgettable.

You nailed it Manny. Motley's lyrics have always been silly since the Girls, Girls, Girls days, but the lyrics take a brutal dip on this album. I remember buying the C.D after hearing the song "Hell on High Heels", just because of the catchy riff. Unfortunately there weren't enough catch riffs on this album to survive the abysmal lyrics and the such. I think the album is a colossal flop. There are only three songs that I somewhat enjoy. The aforementioned, "1st Band on the Moon", & "Punched in the Teeth by Love".

I saw Motely on this tour with my brother. We were stoked to see Megadeth and Anthrax as well. Wouldn't you know it that Anthrax dropped off the tour, the night before we saw them, because of lack of stage time. Motley supposedly wasn't happy with their 1:30 set list time. They wanted an additional 15 minutes, which then stripped Anthrax of 15 minutes, and would've of limited them to a mere 35 minutes. What could've been a great concert, ended up being a very average show, especially once Motley hit the stage.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Quote :
I saw Motely on this tour with my brother. We were stoked to see Megadeth and Anthrax as well. Wouldn't you know it that Anthrax dropped off the tour, the night before we saw them, because of lack of stage time. Motley supposedly wasn't happy with their 1:30 set list time. They wanted an additional 15 minutes, which then stripped Anthrax of 15 minutes, and would've of limited them to a mere 35 minutes. What could've been a great concert, ended up being a very average show, especially once Motley hit the stage.

That's the tour I saw too. I was mainly going for Megadeth. Motley & Anthrax were just icing on the cake as far as I was concerned. Anthrax dropped off before they came to my town.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:11 pm

i like MC, but never get into 94 and 2000 albums.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

That's the tour I saw too. I was mainly going for Megadeth. Motley & Anthrax were just icing on the cake as far as I was concerned. Anthrax dropped off before they came to my town.

It had been 7 years since I had seen Anthrax, so I was looking forward to seeing them. I remember someone on the lawn that night mentioning that Anthrax dropped off the tour. I didn't even know about it until I was in the venue. To find out later that Motley were complaining about receiving an extra 15 minutes, at the expense of losing a band like Anthrax on that tour made me lose even more respect for them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 am

I pulled this album out and gave it a fresh spin. It's not a bad album at all. Not great by any stretch, but an enjoyable listen. Catchy tunes that stick with you after the cd is over.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 am

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this CD. It has a slight punk edge to it. I haven't really enjoyed a Crue album that much since Too Fast for Love and Shout At the Devil.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm really surprised you like it so much Scott.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Why is that?

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:53 pm

I thought it'd be a little to silly lyric wise for ya and generic sounding. But I never realized the punk feel it had until you brought it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue - New Tattoo   Motley Crue - New Tattoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue - New Tattoo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next