Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer to Retire?

Go down 
+15
MoonChild
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Olafsto
Witchfinder
zlogdan
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Gilbert
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Without Jeff and Dave, it's just not the same... especially Jeff!

Although I have to admit, I was curious to hear Gary's riffs on a Slayer album. Too bad... He put in 7 years of touring with them and neglected his own band. He should have something to show for it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 pm

My friends may be going to the show that's actually on my birthday. I plan on seeing if I can tag along for that show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:19 pm

$25 lawn tickets....my son and I may go. I could skip LOG, but I'd like to see the rest of the bands.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 12:55 pm

I tried hooking up with friends, but these friends are driving, and have a full car.

Too bad. It's a shame they're not coming to my area, but where I live, you'd be lucky to find a venue that would allow a pop-punk band to perform, let alone Slayer or a Slayer sounding band.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Don't care
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am

I bought my ticket to the Laval, Quebec show today!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am

Required Fields wrote:

That is awesome RF - enjoy the show, should be a great time!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:

My brother lives there. He will be attending the show as well. Enjoy headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 pm

All I know is they better have more dates later, cause this is bullshit. Nothing even close to me, and half the rest of the country. Talk about a shit show of a so called retirement tour.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
All I know is they better have more dates later, cause this is bullshit. Nothing even close to me, and half the rest of the country. Talk about a shit show of a so called retirement tour.

Maybe Tom wants to get it over with ASAP... don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

They're touring the world, so it will most likely take a year or two...they'll end up doing another American leg, I'm sure. That's usually how it goes.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm

It's probable they'll play shows overseas after the American show, and maybe one or two last shows towards the end of 2018 in America, likely around the California region for the very last show.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 6:38 pm

The last show should be in their hometown area where they started. Just like Sabbath ended in Birmingham.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Maybe Tom wants to get it over with ASAP...  don\'t know
That's actually how I feel about it. It's almost a big F*ck you to the fans, we just want to make a quick cash grab and go. No real big deal since I saw that lineup not too long ago, minus Anthrax and Testament. If I had known that was to be my last Slayer show, I might have bought the meet and greet tickets, so I can tell them how much I've loved their music since I was 13 years old. Not like they give a shit, but I'd like the chance to meet Tom once just to shake his hand and say thanks for the memories.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm

My brother snagged tickets for us for the Charlotte show. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 10:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The last show should be in their hometown area where they started. Just like Sabbath ended in Birmingham.

Just what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 2:28 pm

They are surprisingly coming to my neck of the woods in June. I haven't been to a concert in a while and wouldn't mind catching them. I don't really care about Lamb Of God and Behemoth but Slayer, Testament and Anthrax (2 other bands I've never seen) would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 3:33 pm

nevermore wrote:
My brother snagged tickets for us for the Charlotte show.  headbanger

I'll probably be on the lawn for that one...

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ed_Hunter

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:08 pm

They are up there in age, but who knows? You now bands are like with their "retirements".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 pm

So I was driving my route through the Airport today, and I saw Kerry King standing at the crosswalk with his wife. I yelled his name and he gave a small wave.

Maybe just 10 minutes earlier, I read an article about Scott Ian and Slayer's farewell tour. Very ironic!
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 12:10 am

Scott Ian is retiring?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 12:49 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Scott Ian is retiring?

No, he was asked his thoughts about Slayer retiring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer to Retire?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2