Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer to Retire?

Go down 
+15
MoonChild
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Olafsto
Witchfinder
zlogdan
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Gilbert
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

SLAYER will "make its exit" with one final world tour, it has been revealed.

The legendary thrash metal band announced its plans via a video featuring a compilation of press clippings, early posters and press photos spanning the group's entire career.

In addition, SLAYER has confirmed that it will hit the road in North America this summer, with support from LAMB OF GOD, ANTHRAX, TESTAMENT and BEHEMOTH. The run of dates is expected to be officially announced later this week.

SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD and BEHEMOTH last toured North America together in the summer of 2017.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayer-to-make-its-exit-after-one-final-world-tour/

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Sure looks like it. Really bummed, but it's been talked about for a couple years now. Was hoping for one more album, and then a farewell tour, but I guess we don't always get what we want. I just hope Kerry doesn't try to replace Tom and carry on the Slayer name. Some bands can get away with replacing their singer, Slayer is not one of those bands.

On a positive note, maybe now we'll get more Exodus albums now.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Retiring from touring isn't retiring. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It could be that they make albums and appear at festivals.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm

I hope slayer will still continue to deliver new albums!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Looks to be quite possible.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 pm

It's bound to happen to everyone at some point.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Retiring from touring isn't retiring. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It could be that they make albums and appear at festivals.

True. Judas Priest, Scorpions, and KISS all "retired" too and yet they're all still here, performing live and releasing music. So far, the only ones that have seemed to stick to their word is *gasp* Motley Crue! Razz

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 2:17 pm

I doubt Gary is excited about missing out on this larger paycheck.

My prediction is Kerry King will form a new band with Bostaph on drums. Maybe Anselmo on vocals? If those two could stand to work together ...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

I'll be sure to check them out on their last tour. Both Slayer shows I've been to are the two best metal shows I've been to. Although they were also with Megadeth and Testament on the second one, which is THE best metal show I've ever been to.

Although I still never got to see Iron Maiden. Hopefully soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I'll be sure to check them out on their last tour. Both Slayer shows I've been to are the two best metal shows I've been to. Although they were also with Megadeth and Testament on the second one, which is THE best metal show I've ever been to.

Although I still never got to see Iron Maiden. Hopefully soon enough.

Slayer was the most intense gig I've ever been to (1987 at a large club venue) everything from the extreme hatred shown to opening act Malice to the utter violence of the pit to an encounter with a girl who's name I never learned but left me with a twelve inch scar on my back that I had for months afterwards.

It was definitely an eye opener for a fairly naive 16 year old! Cool

I saw Maiden twice and was bored.
Back to top Go down
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Slayer without Araya or Jeff (RIP) does not work for me.
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Slayer to Retire? 125dfbbb1bdf15ba7f2b4461641d7903902eca47d82a45dba756579b0164cc3d
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's bound to happen to everyone at some point.

This.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm

I must catch them live before it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Maybe this is Kerry's way of never letting Gary write for a Slayer album. Laughing

As far as I'm concerned, the real Slayer died with Hanneman! I hope this is not another false retirement scheme like Priest and the Scorpions did... (although I'm glad Priest stuck around!)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I must catch them live before it is too late.

Indeed. Slayer is one metal band everyone who loves metal should experience live at least once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Maybe this is Kerry's way of never letting Gary write for a Slayer album. Laughing

As far as I'm concerned, the real Slayer died with Hanneman! I hope this is not another false retirement scheme like Priest and the Scorpions did... (although I'm glad Priest stuck around!)

The world needs slayer and i am sure they can still deliver good music . I loved their latest.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:44 am

I believe that the band will return somewhere down the line. It seems like every band that "retires" does it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Slayer to Retire? 125dfbbb1bdf15ba7f2b4461641d7903902eca47d82a45dba756579b0164cc3d

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:01 am

007 wrote:
I believe that the band will return somewhere down the line. It seems like every band that "retires" does it.

Slayer is one that I can see staying gone. Tom Araya is 56 years old. By the time they finish a world tour, he'll be 58 or 59. He has already had spinal surgery and has physical limitations. He has also stated several times over the last few years that it's getting harder and harder to be on the road these days. When this tour ends, Slayer is done.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:39 am

Was expecting this since after Jeff's death.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 11:32 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Slayer is one that I can see staying gone. Tom Araya is 56 years old. By the time they finish a world tour, he'll be 58 or 59. He has already had spinal surgery and has physical limitations. He has also stated several times over the last few years that it's getting harder and harder to be on the road these days. When this tour ends, Slayer is done.

Yes, and also he liked working with Jeff and now that Jeff is gone the fun of musical collaboration is gone too.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes, and also he liked working with Jeff and now that Jeff is gone the fun of musical collaboration is gone too.

Yeah, he was closer to Jeff than Kerry was.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeah, he was closer to Jeff than Kerry was.

And closer to Jeff than he is to Kerry.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 12:08 pm

I hope they still keep on recording stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slayer to Retire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer to Retire?   Slayer to Retire? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer to Retire?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next