Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What bands are next to retire?

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Shawn Of Fire
Olafsto
Lari
glassprison
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
manny
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Troublezone
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

What bands are next to retire? Empty
PostSubject: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 6:47 pm

With iconic bands like Sabbath, Rush, Ozzy and now Slayer hanging it up, who do you think will be next?

I think the obvious choice is Iron Maiden. Bruce has already hinted in the past... and then I would guess Judas Priest. Although I think they may push it off one more time after the new album Firepower. I think Halford could keep going for quite a while, but Glenn Tipton looks kinda tired. And I doubt they would dare replace another original guy.

The end is very near for KISS!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm

I can't imagine the likes of Deep Purple and Whitesnake have much left in the tank and I think AC/DC might already be done.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:52 pm

I want to say KISS but they did the "Farewell Tour" thing once already, and we all know how that turned out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I want to say KISS but they did the "Farewell Tour" thing once already, and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, but this time they're 20 years older.  What bands are next to retire? 387733

The makeup did buy them time, but a KISS show is very theatrical, and Gene and Paul are in danger of breaking some bones wearing those huge platform boots.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 9:44 pm

I know Deep Purple will call it a day once the tour ends, this year marking the 50th anniversary of their debut's release.

If Van Halen do return, I am sure they will call it a day. Alex Van Halen's health problems making that the main reason why. I am sure sooner than later, Queen will retire the name.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 10:41 pm

I wonder how much longer AC/DC will soldier on given what has happened the last few years? Speaking of Kiss, I wouldn't put it past Gene and Paul to have someone wear their make up so the band goes on for another 20 years. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 11:26 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Speaking of Kiss, I wouldn't put it past Gene and Paul to have someone wear their make up so the band goes on for another 20 years. Sheesh.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Gene or Paul said they could see Kiss continue on without any original remaining members in the band. I could care less, Kiss isn't a band I give one shit about, so they can do what they want.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 12:11 am

I just hope that most of my favourite old bands will still continue to record and release new material, as long as they can. Don't truly care about touring, since there are no concerts around here anyways.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 1:50 am

I wish the older bands that don't want to tour would at least still continue to record albums for the fans. And maybe do a couple concerts here and there.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 5:40 am

Unfortunately, none of the bands I WISH would retire (read: Quiet Riot) seem close to doing so yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:05 am

glassprison wrote:
Unfortunately, none of the bands I WISH would retire (read: Quiet Riot) seem close to doing so yet.

I happen to like the new quiet riot album. Melodic and memorable.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:45 am

I want a band to continue forever. Individual members can retire one by one as thet age, but they can be replaced. Like a sports team or a philharmonic orchestra.

Priest for instance can just get Owens back, and they already have Faulker and Travis as younger members, so they can continue a long time.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 9:25 am

Lari wrote:
I want a band to continue forever. Individual members can retire one by one as thet age, but they can be replaced. Like a sports team or a philharmonic orchestra.

Priest for instance can just get Owens back, and they already have Faulker and Travis as younger members, so they can continue a long time.

I`m not sure if you are serious, but if you are i disagree 100 % Laughing

What would be the point?
A band is so much more than 3-5 individuals playing and recording music together. I wish more bands would retire a lot sooner than they do.

For new music in the same genres there are hundreds of new bands to listen to. With fresh ideas and the power of youth, poverty and a hunger to make it big...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 am

Well, maybe they could inject the Judas Priest franchise with some of that youthful enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am

Although i was very excited at the start of the new wave of traditional metal movement first, i am starting to find those new bands a bit repetitive and boring. I've decided to stick to a handful of them and no longer care about new incomers, unless they are injecting something way too creative.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Speaking of Kiss, I wouldn't put it past Gene and Paul to have someone wear their make up so the band goes on for another 20 years. Sheesh.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Gene or Paul said they could see Kiss continue on without any original remaining members in the band. I could care less, Kiss isn't a band I give one shit about, so they can do what they want.

I've been talking to people about that scenario since like 1999. It's completely plausible, given Gene's penchant for trying to be entrepreneurial. Replace he and Paul, keep it going, "Gene $immons presents KISS". They would then cease & desist every tribute band on their radar.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wish the older bands that don't want to tour would at least still continue to record albums for the fans.

Well, when you reach 65, 66, 67 years old, you've already given the fans more than half of your life.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I wish the older bands that don't want to tour would at least still continue to record albums for the fans.

Well, when you reach 65, 66, 67 years old, you've already given the fans more than half of your life.

Tell that to the Rolling Stones. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Tell that to the Rolling Stones.  Laughing

Well, Toublezone, you got me with the old "Rolling Stones" comment....touche.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Gilbert wrote:
glassprison wrote:

I happen to like the new quiet riot album. Melodic and memorable.

Me too. But I get where glassprison is coming from.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:30 pm

If you are great you should retire the way Prince, Lemmy and Bowie did

Release a great record and then die.

If you are Black Veil Brides you should retire now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Lari wrote:

There's a thing called chemistry. Some people are irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am

Quote :
I think the obvious choice is Iron Maiden. Bruce has already hinted in the past...

Given their penchant for doing themed tours (the current tour is themed after the Legacy of the Beast comic), I think they will definitely make a big deal out of their "final" tour, probably trying to include songs from as many albums as possible. I imagine they have at least one more album in them before that happens. It would be cool to see Paul Di'Anno and Blaze Bayley involved in that kind of comprehensive tour. If any band was going to take the initiative to involve former members I think Iron Maiden would be the most inclined to do so.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:16 am

Boris2008 wrote:
If you are great you should retire the way Prince, Lemmy and Bowie did

Release a great record and then die.

If you are Black Veil Brides you should retire now.

Haha man i was just going through some of my cd shelves last night, and i noticed that i have 3 black veil brides albums. I kind of dig them when i am in the mood for some mellow/modern stuff.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 9:38 am

Ozzy should...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What bands are next to retire?   What bands are next to retire? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What bands are next to retire?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next