Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New album from BUllet Boys

Go down 
+12
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
glassprison
Troublezone
nevermore
Eyesore
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 am

Quote :
What is Frontiers' criteria for releasing an album?

1. You must be a band/artist who was famous in the '80s for at least fifteen minutes.

or

2. You must be a random assemblage of musicians from different '80s bands so they can call your project a "supergroup."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 6:55 pm

That new song is so terrible! It reminds me of that band Zebrahead from the late 90s.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Just wanted to revive this and say - I have seen them 3 times in the last 5 years - They still suck. And it is a pity, cuz I am a huge King Kobra fanboy. Sad to see such talent wasted.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Frontiers reminds me of the label from the early 90's, CMC, that signed a bunch of 80's rockers during the unfriendly 90's. The difference their seemed to be some sort of quality control, they did just sign anyone, as those poor bastards that got signed to the Deadline label will testify.

Sadly C.M.C died a quick death. Frontiers seems to have taken over and Rock Candy took over as the re-issue label.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Rock Candy has done a decent job with re-issues. Frontiers keeps pumping out new garbage from formerly decent bands. If Kick Axe ever gets back together, I hope George bucks that system.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 pm

The whole album is awful. I listened to it once and probably never will again. It's a shame because I liked their previous one, Elefante, and thought they were on an upswing.

That said, I like their live shows and hope to see them again soon.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:16 am

Just change the name to Ballet Boys. This band sucks without Mick Sweda.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:43 am

Quote :
Just change the name to Ballet Boys.

Ha, well Marq was talking recently about switching to a new project doing r&b/motown stuff, I imagine akin to Paul Stanley's Soul Station. That name might actually work!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:47 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Just change the name to Ballet Boys.

Ha, well Marq was talking recently about switching to a new project doing r&b/motown stuff, I imagine akin to Paul Stanley's Soul Station. That name might actually work!

Yeah, they're both influenced by Motown and massively flamboyant!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 1:52 pm

For the twelve or so people who might actually care, the O.G. BulletBoys line up will be hitting the road in 2020.

Woo! Never mind the Crue, THIS is the reunion we've all been waiting for! Laughing very hard

https://blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-original-bulletboys-lineup-reunites-for-more-than-50-shows-new-music/

Quote :
It's official: the original platinum-selling BULLETBOYS lineup, featuring Marq Torien, Mick Sweda, Lonnie Vencent and Jimmy D'Anda, is returning in 2020!

The hard rockers will kick off the reunion with a hometown gig on December 30 at their old haunt, the Whisky a Go Go in West Hollywood. Aside from one show in 2011, this original lineup has not performed together since 1993.

"I would never have guessed this reunion would have come about, but the world seems to have its own plan filled with peace, love and kindness," says guitarist Mick Sweda. "And lots of ass kicking!"

Add vocalist Marq Torien: "I am completely ecstatic about this rad magical new beginning for us. It's on!"

BULLETBOYS formed in 1988 at the very peak of the Los Angeles glam metal movement. As a collection of talented musicians, BULLETBOYS were able to quickly capture the attention of music fans around the world. Unlike other rockers of the day, the BULLETBOYS possessed more hard rock-blues fusion than pure hair metal. Thanks to comparisons to the likes of AEROSMITH and VAN HALEN, talent scouts came running and the band quickly received their first major label contract.

BULLETBOYS' self-titled debut was released in 1988 via Warner Bros. and peaked at number 34 on the Billboard 200. The album spawned two hit singles, a cover of the O'JAYS classic "For The Love Of Money" and "Smooth Up in Ya", both of which charted on the Mainstream Rock chart and saw regular airplay on MTV. BULLETBOYS went on to release two more albums, 1991's "Freakshow" and 1993's "Za-Za", before splitting up.

The reunited BULLETBOYS is booked by noted agency ARM Entertainment. More than 50 shows are currently in the works in the U.S. and around the world. BULLETBOYS also promises to deliver new music in the coming year.

"All's well and ends well," bassist Lonnie Vencent says. "BULLETBOYS 2020! Pigs are flying!"

Says drummer Jimmy D'Anda: "Does anybody remember laughter!?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 3:41 pm

I’m willing to check out new music from the original lineup. I like some of their songs from the first two albums.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Should be interesting. I bet they'll play more stuff from the first albums than Marq's lineup was doing (basically just "Hard as a Rock"; "Smooth Up in Ya"; "Hell on My Heels"; "THC Groove," and occasionally "Kissin' Kitty").

Marq is still a great live performer. I hope this works out, though it seems like he doesn't get along with anyone on a personal level.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Set to self destruct in 3.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New album from BUllet Boys
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2