Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New album from BUllet Boys

Go down 
+12
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
glassprison
Troublezone
nevermore
Eyesore
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

New album from BUllet Boys Empty
PostSubject: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 am

New album from BUllet Boys Bulletboys-fromoutoftheskies

BULLETBOYS​' new album, "From Out Of The Skies" will be released on CD/LP/MP3 on March 23, 2018 via Frontiers Music Srl. Watch the video for the new single “D-Evil” featuring guest vocals from Jesse Hughes of Eagles Of Death Metal​ at the link below. Of the song, vocalist, guitarist, and founding member Marq Torien says, “Jesse and I had an instant bond when we met and he did an outstanding job collaborating on the song with his vocals a welcome contribution."

Pre-order & stream singles from “From Out Of The Skies” here: http://radi.al/FromOutOfTheSkies

Special Limited Edition Clear 180g Gatefold Vinyl Edition available here: https://www.frontiers.shop/bulletboys/ LIMITED TO 100 COPIES WORLDWIDE!

“From Out Of The Skies” was recorded at the Foo Fighters​’ Studio 606​. "Writing and recording ‘From Out Of The Skies’ was a humbling experience and recording this unpredictable album at the Foo Fighters' Studio 606 was unbelievable and magical. Dave Grohl's music got me through a very difficult time, so from day one I knew that we were in the right home to record. I was privileged enough to use one of Dave's acoustic guitars to record with along with a hand picked drum set by Taylor Hawkins. I appreciate the opportunity to record there," says Torien.

“From Out Of The Skies” Track Listing:
1. Apocalypto
2. D-Evil
3. From Out of the Skies
4. Hi-Fi Drive By
5. Losing End Again
6. Whatcha Don’t
7. P.R.A.B.
8. Sucker Punch
9. Switchblade Butterfly
10. Once Upon a Time

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 9:39 am

Terrible. Marq Torien continues to desecrate the dried-out, rotted corpse of the BulletBoys.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 am

Ugh. Frontiers really will sign anybody who sold more than fifty records in the '80s.

Is that really the album cover? Someone should tell them that they misspelled "Skies." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 am

They left off an important word from that title. It should read "From Out Of The Sky's Ass".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 11:31 am

Laughing very hard

As soon as I saw the title and before I even opened the thread I thought to myself "It's gotta be on Frontiers".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ugh. Frontiers really will sign anybody who sold more than fifty records in the '80s.

Is that really the album cover? Someone should tell them that they misspelled "Skies." Laughing very hard

Either that or they lopped off a word.  "From out of the sky's what?"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I was so distracted by the horrible song that I didn't even catch that. The quality control they exhibit with their signings obviously extends to the graphics department as well. And by "graphics department" I mean the intern with a pirated version of Photoshop.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 pm

These guys have always sucked. One good song. That's it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 2:09 pm

007 wrote:
They left off an important word from that title. It should read "From Out Of The Sky's Ass".

lol!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Ha! Didn't catch that typo either I was too busy trying to listen to that terrible song. Heard bit, turned it off and that was it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yep, that pretty much sums 'em up Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Ah, c'mon. Their first 2 albums were good. Good as anything else coming out at the time. Van Halen-inspired c*ck-rock. Sure, after that, they pretty much went down the crapper, but I'll defend the first 2. They still get semi-regular spins from me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 3:47 pm

I thought the first 2 were good as well. Nothing spectacular but certainly listenable.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 4:15 pm

I had the first one on vinyl and the only song I liked was Smooth Up In Ya.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm

I liked the first album. Got the cassette as a new release back in the day. Haven't really cared for anything since then... especially without the original lineup. The debut album had a great VH vibe (courtesy of Ted Templeman) and 2 standout songs: Smooth Up, and the "Love of Money" cover.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm

I love the first two records and Za-Za has some good tracks on it as well.

I thought they had a pretty good release with Elefante back in 2004. It had some cool songwriting, and their cover of Elton John's "Bitch is Back" sounded great. This new single, however, is just bizarre.

In any event, I always enjoy their live shows. Marq is a showman above anything. I will see them in February at the Whisky A Go Go when I'm in LA for a conference.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:10 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that.

Anyone else think the singer looks like an old lady now? Ha
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Ah, c'mon. Their first 2 albums were good. Good as anything else coming out at the time. Van Halen-inspired c*ck-rock. Sure, after that, they pretty much went down the crapper, but I'll defend the first 2. They still get semi-regular spins from me.

I'm probably being too harsh, but nothing they ever did even came close to how great "Smooth Up In Ya" is.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm probably being too harsh, but nothing they ever did even came close to how great "Smooth Up In Ya" is.

I agree. It's a great song! To me, it's like a perfect combination of 1987 era Whitesnake and Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

New album from BUllet Boys There_10
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm

What is Frontiers' criteria for releasing an album?

Yeah, someone should've caught that embarrassing typo. Huge font on their album cover!

This band is underrated. TWO good songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
What is Frontiers' criteria for releasing an album?

It sounds like if you released at least an album or 2 from anywhere between 1988 and 1992 and have at least one original member who has the band's naming rights, Frontiers will sign you to a contract. They seem to have a stable of songwriters/musicians that can fill in the blanks and an intern to handle all the graphic needs.

Does that sound about right? FYI, I just read that Spread Eagle is the latest shoulda-been-coulda-been-huge hair band to hop aboard the Frontiers wagon train.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Frontiers seems to be where forgotten (one hit wonder) bands go to die. They should change the name to "Sunset" records.

Although Stryper may be one of the few exceptions... Their last couple albums have done very well.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 3:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
FYI, I just read that Spread Eagle is the latest shoulda-been-coulda-been-huge hair band to hop aboard the Frontiers wagon train.

Now there's some good news! Can't wait to see what they put out.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
FYI, I just read that Spread Eagle is the latest shoulda-been-coulda-been-huge hair band to hop aboard the Frontiers wagon train.

Now there's some good news! Can't wait to see what they put out.

That is good news, hopefully they stay true to their sound and don't try 
To sound "current"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New album from BUllet Boys   New album from BUllet Boys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New album from BUllet Boys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next