Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 8:45 am

The part that always bugs me is that the hero is the guy from the old PC vs Mac commercials.  I keep expecting the PC guy to show up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 am

I totally forget he was in those commercials.

I've always loved this scene with him in it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 am

BTW, I've always assumed that the Creeper "morphs" over its 23 days of eating people because the woman with the visions says something about what it eats becomes a part of it.   So at the beginning it didn't have wings but after consuming some people along the way it was able to grow them. 

But there's a bunch of stuff in that movie that makes no sense.  Starting with the title song.  What's that got to do with anything?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 am

Last night's viewing:

Alice
Coach
Barney Miller
Benson
Three's Company
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 9:26 pm

nevermore wrote:
Last night's viewing:

Alice
Coach
Barney Miller
Benson
Three's Company
At the risk of sounding old, they just don't make shows like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Run Lola Run
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 am

The Vault on Netflix.
A pretty good semi-horror Thriller.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 5:16 pm

"The New Gladiators" (aka "Rome 2072 AD: The New Gladiators" and "Warriors of the Year 2072," 1984)

In the year 2072, the highest rated TV program on Earth is a contest set in the Roman Coliseum, where death row inmates battle it out in a kill-or-be-killed contest to win their freedom...which, naturally, is fixed so nobody actually "wins."
Lucio "Zombie" Fulci directed this enjoyably cheesy, ultra-violent post apocalytic mash-up of "Death Race 2000," "Knightriders" and "Rollerball" which features hilariously cheap special effects and costumes. Your mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for Italian Z-Movie silliness.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 pm

"Psycho Cop" (1989)

Six obnoxious college kids having a party weekend at a secluded vacation home are picked off one by one by a serial killing police officer/Satanist for no apparent reason whatsoever. Yup, that's the whole plot.
This dumb-as-dirt, direct-to-video schlocker seems to be trying for a tongue-in-cheek horror/comedy vibe, but it isn't gory, sleazy, or funny enough to pull it off. It's pointless, poorly acted, and generic as they come. Stick with the far superior "Maniac Cop" series to get your fix of cop-related carnage.
AVOID.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 1:26 pm

A Tales From The Crypt triple feature:

Demon Knight (1995)

Billy Zane and William Sadler as adversaries battling over an ancient key that can bring Hell on Earth. I don't know how I ever missed this one but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Great soundtrack to boot.

Bordello Of Blood (1996)

Campier 2nd film with Dennis Miller at his smarmiest as a private detective helping Erika Eleniak search for her missing brother (Corey Feldman) who, it turns out, has gone missing after visiting a mortuary that doubles as a bordello at night. A bordello ran by hot half naked vampire prostitutes. Not as good as the first movie.

Ritual (2002)

I didn't even know this one existed until yesterday. A nurse (Jennifer Grey) is hired to look after an ailing wealthy man in Jamaica and runs afoul of voodoo (more precisely obeah). This one was pretty decent as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 1:35 pm

I remember liking Bordello of Blood.  Who's the female lead vampire?  I'm too lazy to look it up; I just remember it's somebody I thought was hot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 2:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I remember liking Bordello of Blood.  Who's the female lead vampire?  I'm too lazy to look it up; I just remember it's somebody I thought was hot.

Angie Everhart. Who unfortunately keeps her clothes on in the entire movie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Yeah, that's right.  She was still hot though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 5:56 pm

"Hardcore Henry" (2016)

A cybernetic assassin is brought back from the dead and proceeds to run, jump, fight, and shoot his way across the Soviet underworld in this virtually plotless Russian/American co-production. This non-stop action flick's big gimmick is that the movie is shot from "Henry's" point of view, which is kind of neat at first, but eventually it feels like you're watching someone else play a first-person-shooter video game.
My ten year old loved this but I was bored stiff within fifteen minutes.
AVOID.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 10:12 am

Yoga Hosers.

This was just bad. Not funny, bizarre plot, Johnny Depp in weird makeup, lousy CGI. And if I were Canadian, I think I'd be offended. It was every bad Canadian stereotype imaginable.

I used to really love Kevin Smith movies. What happened to that guy?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 10:38 am

I dunno, I usually dig Kevin Smith's stuff (Jersey slacker made good! Represent!) but I have heard absolutely nothing good about his last couple of films, "Yoga Hosers" or "Tusk," so I've been staying far away from both of them.

...and mind you, that's coming from the guy who just watched "Psycho Cop" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Last night watched:

American Psycho
Drag Me To Hell

I enjoyed American Psycho. Not sure why I never watched it before now...
Drag Me To Hell was ok, I guess. I thought the main actress was mediocre, at best. It was also very predictable (or I've watched WAY too many horror movies).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Benson
Wings
Murphy Brown
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Last night watched:

American Psycho
Drag Me To Hell

I enjoyed American Psycho.  Not sure why I never watched it before now...
Drag Me To Hell was ok, I guess.  I thought the main actress was mediocre, at best.  It was also very predictable (or I've watched WAY too many horror movies).

Drag Me To Hell creeped me out for some reason.  It WAS predictable but there was just something about it that got to me and I've never been able to put my finger on it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 6:24 am

Kevin Can Wait
Man With A Plan
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 pm

The Goldbergs
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Last night watched:

American Psycho
Drag Me To Hell

I enjoyed American Psycho.  Not sure why I never watched it before now...
Drag Me To Hell was ok, I guess.  I thought the main actress was mediocre, at best.  It was also very predictable (or I've watched WAY too many horror movies).

Drag Me To Hell creeped me out for some reason.  It WAS predictable but there was just something about it that got to me and I've never been able to put my finger on it.

I liked how it started, with the first curse coming because of stealing from gypsies. I just couldn't get with the old bird attacking the main character, and THEN putting the curse on her. Why not just curse her and be done with it? Personally, there were just too many ridiculous moments for me to keep rolling with my suspension of disbelief...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 7:20 am

"Tenebre" (aka "Tenebrae," 1982)

An American author comes to Rome to promote his latest horror novel, and someone begins murdering his close associates in ways that mirror the death scenes in his book.
Dario Argento directed this artsy, oh-so-'80s giallo/slasher flick, which features lotsa pretty girls and plenty of splashy gore, but the story is weak and the performances and dubbing are awkward at best - in other words, it's a pretty typical Italian horror flick. Unca Dario has done way better but this one was just nasty enough to be entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 2:44 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Get-Out-poster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 4 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next