Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 4:40 pm

"Stunt Squad" (1977)

A ruthless criminal syndicate holds an Italian city in a grip of terror, till a tough police inspector forms the "Stunt Squad" - an elite unit of motorcycle ridin', straight-shootin' cops authorized to use any means necessary to bring law & order to the streets.
So yeah, this is yet another entertainingly schlocky "polizotteschi" flick, full of dudes with rad '70s mustaches, lots of gun battles, frequent vehicle chases/crashes/explosions, and occasional splashes of cheesy gore. These movies are like potato chips, you can't watch just one! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 7:32 pm

I watched a countdown show on Amazon Prime today called "The 50 Best Horror Movies You've Never Seen," hosted by P.J. Soles of "Halloween" and "Rock n Roll High School" fame... an entertaining mix of the obvious and the obscure. Of course, all thru it I was goin' "Seen that. Seen that one too. Yep, that one too," haha. I may not have seen every movie they talked about but I estimate I've watched about 2/3 of the list.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 5:06 pm

I need to see that list!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I need to see that list!

Yah, would love to see it as well!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 am

Toho, Sideshow -- here's the list they used:

https://letterboxd.com/gokuffy/list/the-50-best-horror-movies-youve-never-seen/

I had to pick a bone with some of these choices. There are some fairly obscure picks in there but c'mon, what horror fan hasn't seen "Motel Hell," "Silent Night, Deadly Night" or "Halloween III" (!) at least once?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 am

Back on topic:
"The Return of the Living Dead" (1985)
Two dorky warehouse workers accidentally release a chemical that re-animates corpses, leading to an invasion by brain eating zombies with a taste for punk rockers. Hilarity ensues.
This classic tongue-in-cheek parody of zombie flicks features a great cast, impressively gross effects and a punk rockin' soundtrack. It's so "80s" it hurts!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Back on topic:
"The Return of the Living Dead" (1985)
Two dorky warehouse workers accidentally release a chemical that re-animates corpses, leading to an invasion by brain eating zombies with a taste for punk rockers. Hilarity ensues.
This classic tongue-in-cheek parody of zombie flicks features a great cast, impressively gross effects and a punk rockin' soundtrack. It's so "80s" it hurts!

I love that flick!  Besides being gory, it's got a naked Linnea Quigley dancing in the rain and as you said a great soundtrack ("Do ya wanna party????? It's party time!").  It's also the first zombie flick where I remember zombies having an obsession with eating brains.  What's not to like?

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Cool, cheers Freddy. I'll peruse that and see what I might need to hunt down and watch.

Last night:

The Belko Experiment

To me, this was kind of a cross between Cube and Saw. It was written by James "Guardians of the Galaxy" Gunn. Roughly 100 employees trapped in a building and ordered to start murdering each other. Decent enough for a 90 minute romp. The acting ranged from serviceable to solid, with only a few "names" in it (most prominent being Michael Rooker and John C McGinley). Not a bad film, but not really original and it doesn't do much to rise above "average" heights.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 7:31 pm

I guess I need to check that out since I like both Cube and Saw.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I had to pick a bone with some of these choices. There are some fairly obscure picks in there but c'mon, what horror fan hasn't seen "Motel Hell," "Silent Night, Deadly Night" or "Halloween III" (!) at least once?

Wow.  I haven't seen 5 of those:

Valentine
Lemora
Alone With Her
Joshua
Let The Right One In

That last one was at least on my radar but I've never even heard of the other four.

Looks like I've been slacking...

What's scarier is that I actually OWN probably 35 of those.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 10:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Valentine
Lemora
Alone With Her
Joshua
Let The Right One In

That last one was at least on my radar but I've never even heard of the other four.

For me, I have yet to see these from the list:

Splinter
Audition
Session 9
May
Ginger Snaps
Joshua
Hard Candy
Grace (I don't THINK I've seen it...)

Funny enough, I've had the lot of them on my "to see" list (for some time in a few cases...).

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Put Audition at the top of your list IMMEDIATELY!!!!

You know how Full Metal Jacket goes from Stripes to Apocalypse Now?  Audition goes from When Harry Met Sally to something just a tad darker.  One of my favorite movies of all time.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:

You know how Full Metal Jacket goes from Stripes to Apocalypse Now?  Audition goes from When Harry Met Sally to something just a tad darker.  One of my favorite movies of all time.

I'll see if I can hunt it up. I'll probably have to go the route of eBay or Amazon to get my hands on it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 am

Finished up season 2 of Luke Cage
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Valentine
Lemora
Alone With Her
Joshua
Let The Right One In

Valentine was lousy. A typical modern day slasher/horror film. I have No idea how it made that list. Let The Right One In is great. I never saw those others in your list either.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 am

Junior(2002)-two girls on a road trip become stranded in the middle of nowhere after the car breaks down, forcing one of the girls to look for help. When she doesn't come back, her friend goes to look for her only to stumble across a deformed freak/psycho who attempts to make her his next victim. Lukewarm slasher that offers nothing original, not very gory and has an uninteresting killer. You can take or leave this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 7:26 am

"Batman and Harley Quinn" (2017)

Batman and Nightwing grudgingly enlist Harley Quinn -- who's been trying half-heartedly to go straight -- to help them stop an apocalyptic plot by her former BFF Poison Ivy in this entertaining cartoon flick. This fast, funny team-up is a throwback to the style and feel of the classic early '90s Batman animated series (though this flick's PG-13 rating allows for a few risque gags that the old show wouldn't have gotten away with!), and is thankfully far less grim than the last few DC Animated Universe installments I've seen. Cool fanboy stuff.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I'll see if I can hunt it up. I'll probably have to go the route of eBay or Amazon to get my hands on it.

It should be readily available.  It's pretty popular despite being a subtitled horror movie.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

It should be readily available.  It's pretty popular despite being a subtitled horror movie.

Had a look for it at JB Hi-Fi last night, but no luck. They can't even order it in for me... Gonna try another place I know on the weekend.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

The Cardinals are off tonight and Gotham is over for the season so thanks to this thread I've decided to watch "Audition" for about the 5th or 6th time.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 pm

...Aaaaaaand now that I've watched "Audition" yet again, I'm STILL not sure how to interpret it. 

I won't ruin it but there is a lot of confusion about what actually happens in the film being reality as opposed to dreams.  There is definitely some dream imagery going on but I'm STILL not sure which images are which.

I think that's part of the reason why I like it; the story is relatively simple but the interpretation of what you see sure as hell is not.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Now you're just rubbing it in Laughing Laughing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am

At home:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Main-1_AW_29633-Sicario-588x870

In the cinema:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Tumblr_inline_pa9zls9RoO1vd3ia8_500

I might be seeing Sicario: Day of the Soldado with my parents tonight; they loved the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Caught this the other day. Another great Marvel movie. Plenty of action, great visuals and some humorous moments.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Lazy Sunday double feature:

"Justice League Dark" (2017)

A series of violent deaths around the world seem to have been caused by magical forces, so Batman enlists some of the DC universe's supernatural anti-heroes like John Constantine, Zatanna, The Demon, Deadman, and Swamp Thing to help solve the mystery. The usual blasting, zapping and ultra-violence ensues.
Nicely animated as usual, and it's cool to see some different characters getting to play in one of these DC 'toon movies for a change, instead of the usual Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman triad.

"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" (1984)

The heroic Buckaroo Banzai - a world famous neurosurgeon, rock n roll star, adventurer and all around awesome dude - has to save Earth from destruction by inter-dimensional aliens in this utterly bizarre cult sci-fi/action comedy.
The last time I saw "B.B." was in the late '80s and I remembered next to nothing about it except for a vague feeling that it didn't make much sense. Re-visiting it today... it still doesn't. "Buckaroo" has a great cast incl. Peter "RoboCop" Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, and more) but the movie feels like it was made up as it went along. I guess this is one of those flicks that you either "get" or you don't, and I don't. (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next