Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
The Babadook

Man, I wanted to beat the kid like I was his dad... What an insufferable little shit.

Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. When my wife and I watched that, I swear less than twenty minutes in I sez "Gawd, I hope something horrible happens to that kid," and my wife said I was a "horrible person." Go figure Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 2:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!

I've actually seen that one!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a quote from my brother. "You've seen more s*** than a public toilet."  And he was referring to me!  I can't hold a turd to the steaming piles FF has seen!

(Elvis voice) Thenkyew, thenkyew vurry much. Laughing very hard

This was actually my second viewing of "Contamination!" As Eurotrash "Alien" wanna-be's go, it's actually one of the better ones. Ever seen "Alien 2: On Earth" or "Inseminoid?" Talk about turd burgers! Laughing very hard

I own a VHS rental copy of the cut version, it's a damn hoot! The uncut version is a little more palatable. Love the "Queen Alien" design of the final boss lolol (predating Aliens by six years!).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 am

A couple of concert dvds:

Enforcer - Live By Fire
Judas Priest - Live Vengeance '82
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am

Watched 'Heavy Metal' last night for the first time in probably 15 years or so. What a weird flick. And I mean that in a good way.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Last night:

The Foreigner

Surprising to see Jackie Chan in a serious role. I quite enjoyed this one, even though it's a pretty basic action thriller story.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Family Feud
Soap
Benson
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am

'The Polka King' on Netflix...

I've had a long-standing hatred of Jack Black, but I must be getting soft in my old age. He's kinda funny when he's not being so, uh, Jack Black-ish.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:30 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Last night:

The Foreigner

Surprising to see Jackie Chan in a serious role. I quite enjoyed this one, even though it's a pretty basic action thriller story.

He's done a handful of serious roles in Hong Kong, but this was a Hollywood production.

A good and very dark action thriller.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Return Of The Fly (1959) - sequel with the son of the original Fly continuing his father's ezperiments. Predictable hijinks ensue

Blacula (1972) - Blaxploitation version of the Dracula legend, Actually pretty good despite some of the dated plot points, including the dialogue

Scream Blacula Scream (1973) - sequel to the surprise hit with the African vampire revived by voodoo and continuing his reign of terror. Co-starring sexy Blaxploitation queen Pam Grier.

War Of The Gargantuas (1966) - Toho made film about 2 giant ape-like creatures, one good,one evil, running wild in Japan.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm

The Polka King
X-Files [Season 8 Episode 1 and the episode before it.] I have always liked Doggett.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:47 am

007 wrote:
Return Of The Fly (1959) - sequel with the son of the original Fly continuing his father's ezperiments. Predictable hijinks ensue

Blacula (1972) - Blaxploitation version of the Dracula legend, Actually pretty good despite some of the dated plot points, including the dialogue

Scream Blacula Scream (1973) - sequel to the surprise hit with the African vampire revived by voodoo and continuing his reign of terror. Co-starring sexy Blaxploitation queen Pam Grier.

War Of The Gargantuas (1966) - Toho made film about 2 giant ape-like creatures, one good,one evil, running wild in Japan.

I've never liked that Gargantuas movie. I guess mainly because I think the titular monsters are super goofy-looking.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 10:43 am

"Blood Beach" (1981)

A Southern California seaside area is plagued by a series of sudden disappearances. Eventually some cops and a Harbor Patrol officer figure out that the missing people are being devoured by an unseen creature that lives beneath the sand. Yikes!
This land-locked "Jaws" variant stars some familiar B-Movie faces like John Saxon and Burt ("Rocky") Young, which may give it some cult-movie cred but overall it's pretty dull. "Blood Beach" spends way too much time on the police-procedural elements (and the romance between Harbor Patrol Guy and the foxy daughter of the first victim), and not nearly enough on the monster mayhem. Even worse, when you finally DO get to see the extremely cheap looking monster (five minutes before the movie ends!) I swear it looks like a jumbo sized marital aid.
If you absolutely have to watch every "Jaws" inspired knock-off ever made, go nuts... but otherwise, skip a trip to this "Beach."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Three's Company
Gimme A Break
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Stargate SG1 - Season 5

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:15 pm

"Almost Human" (aka "The Death Dealer," 1974)

A low-level Italian hood, tired of making small scores working for others, hatches a plan to kidnap the daughter of a wealthy businessman for a big ransom payment. While a tough police inspector (Henry Silva) races against time to rescue the girl, lots of other people are murdered, raped, and tortured by the bad guys.  
This primo slice of sleazy, ultra-violent "Polizzioteschi" Eurocrime action was directed by the always dependable Umberto Lenzi of "Cannibal Ferox" and "Nightmare City" fame. Gritty, trashy fun.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 6:09 pm

The Thing (2011)

The prequel to 1982 Carpenter classic. Not too bad, but for whatever reason, nostalgia perhaps, I prefer the 1982 version with the practical effects, as opposed to CGI.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 6:50 pm

007 wrote:
The Thing (2011)

The prequel to 1982 Carpenter classic. Not too bad, but for whatever reason, nostalgia perhaps, I prefer the 1982 version with the practical effects, as opposed to CGI.

Me too.  Although after I recently watched this "prequel" again I decided I could appreciate it for what it is.  I DO like the way the ending dovetails into the beginning of the original.  I liked it much better the second time around than I did the first time.  I totally dismissed it the first time, probably because the 1982 version is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
The Thing (2011)

Me too. Although after I recently watched this "prequel" again I decided I could appreciate it for what it is. I DO like the way the ending dovetails into the beginning of the original. I liked it much better the second time around than I did the first time. I totally dismissed it the first time, probably because the 1982 version is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

I suppose I'll have to get around to watching that one... The 1982 version has always been one of my favourite movies. I think what's kept me from watching the "new" one would be a lot of reviews stating that the Thing in this one is more aggressive / attacking rather than hiding and only attacking to save itself. To me that takes away some of the dread...

Watched the other night:

Deadgirl

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
The Thing (2011)

Me too.  Although after I recently watched this "prequel" again I decided I could appreciate it for what it is.  I DO like the way the ending dovetails into the beginning of the original.  I liked it much better the second time around than I did the first time.  I totally dismissed it the first time, probably because the 1982 version is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

I didn't expect much from that movie either, but I actually liked it better than I thought I would.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
The Thing (2011)

I didn't expect much from that movie either, but I actually liked it better than I thought I would.

Again, anyone interested in a more practical effects driven take on The Thing should check out Harbinger Down. Practical effects were supposed to be used in the 2011 version, and were even created, but the studio deemed it too expensive and resorted to CG. The FX crew (the dudes that have been in charge of Giger's Alien) took their effects for use in the Kickstarted Harbinger Down. It doesn't try to pretend to be a very good movie (Lance Henriksen sure does elevate the material) but a vehicle to demo some pretty nasty effects sequences. Latex galore!

Also, as a side note, the new It contains some of the most BADASS practical effects work this side of the 21st century. Scary shit. Same dudes too (Tom Woodruff and Alec Gillis).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Terminator Salvation
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Jeepers Creepers

I hadn't watched this 2001 film in about 10 years so I broke it out again tonight.  it still packs a punch for me even though some of it doesn't make a lot of sense (the woman with the "visions"; WTF?)

But it's still pretty creepy and the scenes with that beat up old truck terrorizing the protagonists on the road are classic.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:43 am

My one issue with Jeepers Creepers was that the Creeper is driving around in a beat up truck in hat,overcoat etc then towards the end of the flick ends up a flying demon. Why would it change like that? Because it looked cool? It's a minor quibble to be sure. It just always made me wonder. It's an otherwise enjoyable film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 3 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next