Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beer!

Go down 
+20
Troublezone
James B.
anthrax_fan
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Lari
glassprison
Boris2008
bassman
Stender
exact33
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
nevermore
Fat Freddy
akeldama
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
DeathCult
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 10:19 pm

That glass says "Crème Brulee"; is that what the stout was?  Southern Tier makes a Crème Brulee stout that is so sweet that I can barely finish one 12 oz bottle.  It's a great dessert beer though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 10:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That glass says "Crème Brulee"; is that what the stout was?  Southern Tier makes a Crème Brulee stout that is so sweet that I can barely finish one 12 oz bottle.  It's a great dessert beer though.

It is indeed Crème Brulee! I wouldn't say this is as sweet as the Southern Tier one sounds but it was much sweeter than most stouts I've had. I'd say this one is slightly sweeter than Samuel Smith's organic chocolate stout.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 7:36 pm

I'd try it but the Sam Smith gets too sweet pretty fast for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 pm

That's the way Southern Tier's Crème Brulee is; it's real good for one or two sips but then it just sort of gets cloyingly sweet.  I still get it on occasion but I know I'm going to nurse a 12 oz bottle for at least an hour and a half.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 8:17 pm

Tonight I'm trying another beer I picked up yesterday.  It's yet another variant of Dragon's Milk.  This one is Dragon's Milk Oatmeal Cookie.  OMG, is this good!  It's got oatmeal, cinnamon, raisin, vanilla added to the basic Dragon's Milk stout.  It tastes like what it says, an oatmeal cookie.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 9:36 am

We're not getting these releases now that the only Beer Shoppe in town closed. Stores concentrate on the popular and the local stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Hit the mother lode at the beer store across the river.  I found 6 bottles of Boulevard's 30th Anniversary Ale (it's a blend of 8 of their barrel aged beers - five stouts and three Belgians), 8 bottles of Oatmeal Raisin Dragon's Milk and 12 bottles of Mother's "Smore Power To Ya" (imperial stout made with chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla and toasted marshmallow).  Also picked up a 4 pack of Founder's CBS and Founder's Underground Brown.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 8:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Speaking of stout, I had one recently that was so tasty, I'm going to attempt to find a couple of six packs of it (they are in cans and are released on a rotating basis):

Beer! - Page 20 519196d8e1125c3ce963abfb79a2a3e7
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/41762/258553/

The taste for me was riminicent of Danon coffee yogurt (my favorite yogurt of all time) so it was a sweet, creamy stout that was incredibly easy to drink for someone whom many stouts are a chore to finish. Might be the best stout I've ever had!

Just my luck, I find a beer I REALLY like and I can't find it anywhere. And it's a rotational release so I will have to wait to see it again.

Not like I drink much these days because of how worn out I am on my days off (one beer and I'm ready to fall asleep in my chair-heck, even without one I find myself falling asleep in my chair). Though I hope to find work that is less physically exhausting after the end of the year. Maybe by then it will be back.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 11:07 pm

I think Toho spent my year's beer budget.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 7:00 pm

I really did go nuts over the weekend.  I spent a small fortune.  I think part of the binge was fueled by the knowledge that my mortgage will be paid off in a couple of months (15 years early!).  So when I saw all the beers that I was looking for in one location I just cleaned them out!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 7:16 pm

I found a new/old favorite beer store today.

It's "old" because Lukas Liquor used to be my favorite beer store a few years ago but they moved.  Well, today I had to go to Sam's Club for 3 prescriptions and while I was across the river I figured I'd try to find their new location and I did.  And of course I spent a fortune.

I bought a case of New Holland's Dragon's Milk Reserve Oatmeal Cookie, 12 different Prairie Artisan Ale stouts (look these things up on BeerAdvocate; they're all either "outstanding" or "world class", 8 cans of Against The Grain's "London Balling" (a great English barleywine that I haven't seen in over a year) and a bunch of other stuff. 

The Prairie Artisan Ales are what I was really after as these things are pretty tough to find.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 10:15 am

Our only Beer Shoppe closed so my ability to try stuff has gotten limited. Being in hop land it's 75% IPA or a derivative. There are a coupe stores that will bring in a couple like Dragon's Milk but the pickings have slimmed.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 pm

Tried this concoction today:

Beer! - Page 20 Clown-Shoes-Coconut-Sombrero-2
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22951/401248/

Pretty enjoyable stout once it warmed up. While it was still cold it wasn't as good. A little bit of coffee bitterness but that is expected with a chocolate stout and not nearly pronounced as some other I've tried.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2019 6:34 pm

How strong is the coconut? I can handle a little but some are overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm

I've found that most of the "flavored" stouts get better as they warm up a little.  I still don't like them at room temperature but they do seem to taste better once you let a refrigerated one sit for a little bit.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
How strong is the coconut? I can handle a little but some are overwhelming.

I didn't find it too overwhelming at all. I felt it was well balanced with the chocolate.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2019 9:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've found that most of the "flavored" stouts get better as they warm up a little.  I still don't like them at room temperature but they do seem to taste better once you let a refrigerated one sit for a little bit.

I've realized that too. You kind of need to find the right balance between too cold and too warm.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 8:52 am

Hit the new/old beer store again yesterday to stock up on Prairie Artisan Ale's various stouts while I can still find them.  Spent A FORTUNE but now my beer cellar is well-stocked with these high-quality stouts.  The base stout is called Bomb! and it's the first beer I've ever seen with an average score of 100 on Beer Advocate and it deserves it.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 9:10 pm

Having a can of this:

Beer! - Page 20 Beer-3035750_0a50a_hd
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/335/372609/
Yummy yummy, yum yum! I likey!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 9:37 pm

I didn't like that white Dragon's Milk at all. In fact I actually threw out 2 cans of it.

Now the current Dragon's Milk Reserve variant "Oatmeal cookie" is a totally different story. I bought a case of that a few weeks ago while I still could.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Beer ? I´d rather drink a Zero Sugar Coke anytime , lol ...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Me too if we're talking about the crap that passes for beer that most people drink. In fact, I have. When offered my pick between Bud Light and ice tea I went with tea because it has more flavor.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 6:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Me too if we're talking about the crap that passes for beer that most people drink.  In fact, I have.  When offered my pick between Bud Light and ice tea I went with tea because it has more flavor.

This! Our beer choices differ in many ways but that is one thing we certainly agree on.

As for that white stout you didn't like, the name stout is very misleading on that one. It's more like a cream ale which I like.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2019 8:40 pm

Did the annual Toho Christmas Day Carpet Cleaning today.

10th anniversary of this "tradition" where I shampoo my carpet on Christmas day while having Comedy Central on the whole time.  The difference now is that in addition to having to move all the furniture around I also have to move over 350lbs of cat trees too.  So needless to say, I'm beat. 

To celebrate I'm having a Prairie Artisan Ales "Christmas Bomb".  It's an imperial stout with cinnamon and weighs in at 13% ABV.  I'll probably follow it up with something lighter because after all the energy I expended today this will hit like a ton of bricks.  And I have to work tomorrow...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 2:03 am

Around Christmas time I tried this one:

Beer! - Page 20 Img5518
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/35036/

Was able to buy a single bottle in case I didn't like it. First I didn't think I liked it but after it warmed up it was very good. Might pick up a four pack later down the line.

In the meantime, I've decided to go to some old favorites. I really wanted Maudite, but the place I went to only had the large bottles so I went with:

Beer! - Page 20 S-l640

Nice to go back to some familiarity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beer! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beer!
Page 20 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next