Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album

Go down 
+4
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Lari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Empty
PostSubject: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 5:13 am

Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Mysticprophecymonumentscd

Monuments Uncovered, out January 12th.

Tracklist:

01. You Keep Me Hangin' On (KIM WILDE/THE SUPREMES cover)
02. Hot Stuff (DONNA SUMMER cover)
03. Shadow On The Wall (MIKE OLDFIELD cover)
04. Are You Gonna Go My Way (LENNY KRAVITZ cover)
05. I'm Still Standing (ELTON JOHN cover)
06. Because The Night (PATTI SMITH cover)
07. Space Lord (MONSTER MAGNET cover)
08. Get It On (T.REX cover)
09. Toyko (TOKYO cover)
10. Proud Mary (CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL cover)
11. The Stroke (BILLY SQUIER cover) (digipak bonus track)

Here's the video for You Keep Me Hangin' On:

Blabbermouth news bit here.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 am

Yes i heard the kim wilde cover. Not bad but i was hoping for a more metal release.

I love mystic prophecy a lot but i will most likely skip this one.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 11:50 am

Not sure what they're going for there.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 pm

A cover album of classic metal songs would have been much more appropriate, given the band's talent.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Gotta give them props for trying something a bit different though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 3:40 pm

They're German, so they're gonna have to do weird covers (see Helloween, Axxis cover albums). It's in the job description for German musicians.

Also, pop rock classics aren't guilty pleasures in Germany. You don't even have to pretend you're listening to Elton John ironically. It's perfectly fine if you do like it. Your metal cred doesn't depend on being true.

And then you get these kind of cover albums. Yeah, I also would prefer if they did classic 80's metal covers, preferably underground, like what Powergod did. But I'll buy this, because I'm a fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm actually a bigger fan of bands doing unexpected covers, and I dig this cover. Of course cover albums do tend to be a bit underwhelming, but some bands manage to pull it off quite well.

We'll see how these guys do, I guess. I'll buy it. =)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:35 pm

That's a pretty interesting selection of songs to cover. Don't know if I'm down with it, but hey, more power to 'em.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:59 pm

I'd be more inclined to buy a covers album like this than one loaded with songs I already have in my collection, done by the original artist.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 pm

I picked up one of their albums lately, ravenlord. Amazing album. Also have killhammer on its way to me in the mail. Their recent outputs have been very good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 am

Gilbert wrote:
I picked up one of their albums lately, ravenlord. Amazing album. Also have killhammer on its way to me in the mail. Their recent outputs have been very good.

They're a kick-ass band, man.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

They're a kick-ass band, man.

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 am

I think it's cool when bands cover stuff that is out of the norm. Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 pm

The CD was released yesterday, I think. I'm just ordering mine, but I saw they put out a new video:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 pm

I have my copy, and it's a blast to listen to.

So far my favourites are the Patti Smith cover Because the Night. And maybe the Elton John track. Sounds awesome. Lia's voice, however, doesn't fit with the Monster Magnet track.

It's a fun listen, though probably doesn't really hold my interest long-term, just like most cover albums.

I think this is one those CDs you take with you in the car and casually enjoy while cruising, instead of headphones at home and really focusing on the music.

EDIT: oh, and that Shadow on the Wall track above is awesome. Maybe the best on the record. They made it theirs more than any of the other songs.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm

I've listened a few times online and about four songs work imo, Shadows on the Wall being the best.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:05 pm

I received killhammer in the mail and gave it a few spins. Man these guys always deliver. However, and although i love their singer, i tend to notice a certain monotony in his voice after a while.

Still haven't made up my mind about buying the new covers release.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

Super cool cover album! Strange collection of songs, but they make it work IMO.
I don`t see much point in metal bands covering other metal bands. As a tribute or live maybe, but whole studio albums seems rather pointless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album   Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystic Prophecy releases a cover album
Page 1 of 1