Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mystic Prophecy new song!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Mystic Prophecy new song! Empty
PostSubject: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 pm

This band just keeps getting better with each release! Here is a new sample from them.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Video doesn't work, but I heard this earlier. Sounds good. I'm definitely picking up the new album.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:55 am

Lost all interest in these when Gus G departed. To me they never had anything about them to really elevate them above the power crowd, apart from Gus G. I love his guitar playing.

Good but not great songs and a good but not great singer.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 am

I find that funny because I haven't even heard Mystic Prophecy with Gus G. But they are an awesome sounding band and the three albums I own have made me a fan. Savage Souls for instance is an incredible record - fast, melodic and with a thick, bottom-heavy guitar sound. Great, anthemic choruses, too. Everything I want from my power metal, and I haven't really heard bands that sound like them.

And RD Liapakis surprised he sounds great to me - in fact I got into the band after first hearing his singing with another band, Valley's Eve.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 pm

I think they are much better without Gus G and I love Gus G's playing but IMO the band was more melodic power and now they are more darker heavy metal.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I decided to fill in a hole in my collection and ordered the Gus G era Prophecy albums from CDUniverse. That's Neverending, Regressus and Vengeance. I like Gus G and I love Mystic Prophecy, so I'm sure I'll enjoy all three. Good time to catch up on the back catalogue too, just a little bit before Ravenlord comes out.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 pm

I now have the complete back catalogue. And Raven Lord is out in two days! listening to music I don't know if I'll have it on release date as it's already Wednesday and I saw my copy hasn't been shipped yet. But that should give me a couple of extra days to absorb the old records.

The first thing I noticed about Vengeance was that Liapakis was not really performing up to the standards I got used to by listening to the later albums first (and Valley's Eve). But starting from Regressus he sounds great again.

The production was also a bit thin on Vengeance, but the guitars still have a nice crunch. I guess maybe the songs are a bit more varied, too. Not a constant, nonstop ultra-heavy guitar attack. Real good stuff. The one I listened to the least is Never Ending, but that's only because I started in a chronological order. So far I'd probably rank the Gus era albums a bit below Savage Souls and probably Fireangel, too, but the band seems incredibly consistent. Liapakis obviously is the driving force behind the band. Not much experimenting going on, but you don't really need it when you have a working concept.

I'd love to see them live, but they only seem to tour Germany.

My copies of the first three albums are the Metal Mind reissues: http://www.myspace.com/mysticprophecy/blog/504522226
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 pm

When Gus G left their sound went more dark which I loved. With Gus G they were more melodic in nature.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Prefer Post Gus G. albums, while an outstanding lead guitar player, his rhythm playing doesnt do well too much for me
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:28 pm

As expected, I didn't get the new album today. Meanwhile, I've ranked the Mystic Prophecy albums:

1. Savage Souls 10/10
2. Fireangel 10/10
3. Regressus 10/10
4. Satanic Curses 9/10
5. Vengeance 9/10
6. Never Ending 8/10

Savage Souls is just amazing. Brutally heavy guitars on a power metal album (or power vocals on a thrash metal album, you choose). Great package with the bonus DVD. Among my favourite metal releases of the noughties.

Fireangel is just as good, nothing short of heavy metal bliss. Simple, memorable and damn heavy. The bonus disc gives it even more extra value.

Regressus is a great sounding record. So far it's my favourite of the Gus G era albums. In fact, it's flawless. I really love it.

Satanic Curses kicks ass, non-stop. The opening track is one of the best they have recorded. And it doesn't let up. But I have to try and find some differences, so I'll just point out it doesn't have quite as many memorable songs as the top three. But that's just personal preference. It's damn near perfect.

Vengeance suffers a little bit from the less refined performance of Lia and the production that isn't as clear and powerful as the later releases. But the songs are there.

Never Ending sounds a bit too much like generic power metal, but even then it does a pretty awesome job at it. Shows just how consistent the band is.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:34 pm

I agree with you on the first 2 Savage Souls was brilliant, you get that one with a bonus DVD?

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy new song!   Mystic Prophecy new song! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystic Prophecy new song!
Page 1 of 1