Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Fireangel

I've read some rave reviews for it. I actually don't have any Mystic Prophecy, but was thinking of getting the new one. I have the Valley's Eve album "Deception of Pain" and if (the new) Mystic Prophecy sounds anything like that, I'm sure I would love it. From what I've heard, Mystic Prophecy ain't quite as aggressive as Valley's Eve, and that's why I've been postponing getting into them.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm

My top cd of the year so far!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Can you elaborate? Why is it so awesome, a short review if you may. How does it rank against the past Prophecy albums, is what I'd like to know, since this would be my first by them.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 am

Well to me they keep getting better in the song writing dept. I like the darker lyrics. Vocally RD has never sounded better and his voice fits their sound. To me this how power metal should be done. Where as in the past when Gus G was in the band I think the focus was more on him rather than the overall sound.
Todays MP it's a total package this does not lack one bad song others my disagree.
I'm not good at reviewing cds but I think you will like this one and also get Savage Souls also as good!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:25 pm

I already decided I'll get Fireangel once I'm back in the country in September.

Now I also see Savage Souls and Satanic Curses are sold as a two-in-one package. I was thinking of getting them both.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:23 pm

I'll have to check this out, thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:30 pm

I placed an order for this. Opted not to get Savage Souls / Satanic Curses, at least not just yet. I'll give the new one a few spins and maybe in a month or two I'll get more Mystic Prophecy.

But I've been playing that Valley's Eve album lots lately. It is just a dark masterpiece. A theme album about suicide, but with infectious songs and shred guitars.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Finally got the last MP that was missing from my collection.

Found the double cd edition of Fireangel at a used record shop in Frankfurt a few days ago. Cost me less than 8 euros.

Definitely a masterpiece headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?   Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have the new Mystic Prophecy?
Page 1 of 1