Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
Shiney
candlemass
scottmitchell74
GrandNational
Invader
mc666
krokus
iamrockerfun
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Empty
PostSubject: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:30 am

She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago, use to bring the mail to me, through the ice and snow, I've sat alone and watched her, steaming through the night, 90 tons of thunder, lighting up the sky...She was the princess of the night...

SAXON RULE! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 am

They should have been as big as Iron Maiden. Which is odd, because Saxon's music is more accessible to the general public, methinks. Wonderful rock band.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 am

my band covered 'and the bands played on' and now we can't go to any of our regular gigging places without ppl shouting 'play some saxon!!!' to us, ha

GREAT BAND 🤘
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 am

no commercials ... no star ... no known ... etc.
only one song WoS '80
shame Sad
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 am

That's ok. The cool kids appreciate them and that is all that
matters. I would have hated to hear them in regular rotation
between "Unskinny Bop" and"Sweet Child of Mine".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:48 am

Well they never would have made it here in the States since they concentrate on the music and not the image. Stupid American public.
I mean they are some ugly guys. Its pretty sad when Biff Byford is the pretty boy of the bunch. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:15 pm

I've never heard a single Saxon song. Shocked
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I can not believe that Sad
Anyway, i love SAXON very very much. One of my fave NWOBHM band together with IRON MAIDEN, SAMSON, RAVEN and TANK.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:21 pm

yeah i like them ok

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Wow. Well now is your chance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGHMLMFSRs

Just ignore the silly visuals.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:31 pm

Great band. Strong Arm Of The Law is one of the best NWOBHM album.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:

You're joking right? The Inner Sanctum is a great album. Actually their last 4 or so albums have been great.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Eyesore....until coming around this joint I hadn't either. I've since been corrected and pointed in the right direction! I don't know about their 80's and 90's stuff but Inner Sanctum is fantastic and Metalhead is pretty good.....

Traditional/NWOBHM stuff...Inner Sanctum at times is pretty darn heavy and fast.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:

i was the same way when I found these boards. Now, my collection of them is one of my biggest. Love them.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 pm

I like Saxon, but as big or good as Iron Maiden? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:13 pm

candlemass wrote:
I like Saxon, but as big or good as Iron Maiden? lol!

They don't play the same style, but they are every bit as talented. THere is no reason I see that would keep them from being as great as Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:53 pm

SAXON is great.....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:03 am

Eyesore wrote:

I find that quite amusing, considdering the amount of music you own, that you've never heard Saxon. You're missing out on some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 am

Eyesore wrote:

I bet if you added a bunch of their albums to your Lala want list you'd have several of them in no time.

I particularly recommend DENIM & LEATHER, CRUSADER, KILLING GROUND, UNLEASH THE BEAST and LIONHEART if you want to go that route, by the way. You're welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:12 pm

How do the older ones from the 80's stack up?. Do they sound dated? I love Inner Sanctum but its production is great and I sometimes am left wanting more with some bands' older stuff because it just sounds dated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:17 pm

There was no sound like Inner Sanctum 79-84. So, it would be hard
to make any comparision. If you like Iron Maiden - Killers, or JP
- British Steel, you'll know what to expect. These things were
records on analog equipment, so the production obviously was not what
it today. The production on Wheels of Steel is excellent
though. I'd start there, if you're a fan of Saxon Stage 3.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:23 pm

I do like Killers and Holy Diver which is from that era (two that I think hold up very well over the decades) so that's good to hear. Thanks Saxon!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:23 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
There was no sound like Inner Sanctum 79-84. So, it would be hard
to make any comparision. If you like Iron Maiden - Killers, or JP
- British Steel, you'll know what to expect. These things were
records on analog equipment, so the production obviously was not what
it today. The production on Wheels of Steel is excellent
though. I'd start there, if you're a fan of Saxon Stage 3.

If poor production is a concern to some of you, I'd suggest picking up Heavy Metal Thunder. It's the current band re-recording their old hits with better production, heavier guitars, etc, much like the guys in Helstar just did that we've also been discussing on another topic.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

If poor production is a concern to some of you, I'd suggest picking up Heavy Metal Thunder. It's the current band re-recording their old hits with better production, heavier guitars, etc, much like the guys in Helstar just did that we've also been discussing on another topic.

I was just about to suggest the Heavy Metal Thunder compilation, but you beat me to it. 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:08 pm

So Heavy Metal Thunder is Saxon re-doing their old tunes?? That has promise.

Man, I must admit I'm a product of the times. I'm spoiled by how things sound these days. If I already liked a band from the 60's,70's, 80's then I always will....but working backwards to a band's early work when just discovering them sometimes is a struggle for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...   She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She use to be an iron horse, 20 years ago...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next