Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Horse

Go down 
+7
choosemetal
metalken
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Stender
krokus
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Anyone heard this band from Madrid, Spain? They are a classic heavy metal band, very influenced by the NWOBHM movement. Fans of Tygers of Pan Tang, Saxon, Tokyo Blade, etc. will dig them. Their latest album "Wild Power" is available from Stormspell Records.

Steel Horse SteelHorse-WildPower-front

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Of course i know them, and i have seen them live too. Bought a cd and tshirt by the band. They are even better live then on cd. They already played in Greece and germany.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Sounds rad, I dig it. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Hell yeah someone else who likes this band. I've had this cd for sometime!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Reneé sent me a copy of the 2011 release from Steel Horse. Fantastic NWOTHM! Anyone else own "In the Storm"?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Reneé sent me a copy of the 2011 release from Steel Horse. Fantastic NWOTHM! Anyone else own "In the Storm"?

I don't, but if it's the same vein of Wild Power, count me in. I like that album.

Administrator
ultmetal

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:51 pm

It is in the same vein. Good stuff.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I purchased "In The Storm" from the latest Stormspell update; so I am waiting for my copy to arrive.
I every so often give the other one a spin. Love the instrumental on it; I think it ranks up there with the greats from the 80's (Switch 625, Coast To Coast, any Maiden).
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Never heard of this band. Man it's like all the good stuff is from stormspell.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:44 am

ultmetal wrote:

Great you like it, i love that cd too very much. Soon i will upload a video were i talk about our trade Scott, and i show how i open your package, etc...  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:51 am

Never heard this band until now. They sound really good! I'll have to pick up a copy of this when my funds allow.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:02 am

I've never heard of them. Kind of a kooky name for the band but they sound really good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:40 pm

krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Great you like it, i love that cd too very much. Soon i will upload a video were i talk about our trade Scott, and i show how i open your package, etc...  Laughing 

Great!  headbanger 

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:52 am

I rec'd 'Wild Power' as a free-be from Stormspell. Totally love it. Didn't know there was a another cd by them. I love anything with a NWOBHM vibe.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Yesterday i saw live NIGROMANTE, a heavy progresive dark heavy metal band with two STEEL HORSE band members. Not bad at all. They just released their first album BLACK MAGIC NIGHTS that for shore fans of MANILLA ROAD, IRONSWORD or DOOMSWORD will like i think.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Checked out Nigromante. I like the music but I don't think that I could get used the the vocals (the cheeseball lyrics were a bit off putting too)

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:44 am

Hey Krokus Do you know where I could get my grubby little hands on this gem?   greedy 

The vocals are a bit shady but I love the sound of this band  headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Hey Krokus Do you know where I could get my grubby little hands on this gem?   greedy 

The vocals are a bit shady but I love the sound of this band  headbanger

About NIGROMANTE, i agree with you, the vocalist is not very good. The music is okay, but this voice is nothing special. Thats the reason i didnt bought the cd last saturday night.
About HITTEN, that first demo cd is sold out. Now they have a new Singer, Aitor and he is much better than the one before. In may they are going in the studio to record a álbum. If you want i will buy that one for you. Remember me please. Or you can directly order it from the label, we will talk about this.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 12:46 am

I've had my copy for over a week now and as much as I liked "Wild Power," I find "In The Storm" a far superior release. The band has written stronger songs and have become better players.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:16 pm

I just put in an order the other day to Stormspell for this album and a few others. Looking forward to hearing it. I recently gave Wild Power another go and it's fantastic.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:21 pm

metalken wrote:
I've had my copy for over a week now and as much as I liked "Wild Power," I find "In The Storm" a far superior release. The band has written stronger songs and have become better players.

Totaly agree, i like IN THE STORM more too. The Singer sings better too. Just now the Singer left and they are looking for a new one.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 12:50 pm

As krokus wrote, the singer did leave and his new band has a much more 80's LA sound than did Steel Horse (which is sadly no more a band).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steel Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Horse   Steel Horse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Horse
Page 1 of 1