Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!

Go down 
+4
XYZ
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Empty
PostSubject: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Here's my lil take on the whole 'bandwagon' thingy.

I wonder how many will be pissed at me now.

ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_lol

1. Iron Maiden's best album is "Dance of Death".

2. Iron Maiden with Paul DiAnno is WAY overrated.

3. THE BEST FIVE thrash bands are: Testament, Exodus, Kreator, Overkill and Sodom.

4. European styled power metal is the best genre of any genre.

5. Intelligent metalheads like other kinds of music besides just metal, and those that have balls will admit what they like.

6. A man's penis does not belong in another man's anus.

7. Obama is a much better president than George W. Bush.

8. American 'right-wingers' are afraid of change.

9. The USA is still the best country in the world. Despite it's downfalls.

10. Depeche Mode and The Cure are far more innovative and better than many metal bands.

11. American sports are a joke.

12. Megadeth is one of the most overrated bands in history.

13. Rush is the best 70s band.

14. Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio should have always been called Heaven and Hell. They are a completely different band.

15. Madonna is one of the best pop artists in history.

16. Closed-minded metalheads are like big turds. They stink.

17. Nirvana is far better than most metalheads care to admit.

18. some of the most intelligent music and lyrics are written by extreme metal bands.

19. CSI is the best show on TV. All three of them are better than anything else out there.

20. Female fronted gothic, power and symphonic metal is not just a fad, but a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnate metal scene. It's here to stay ... and it RULES!!!

ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! 438278
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

GREAT album, but Piece Of Mind is the best, followed by A Matter Of Life & Death

Seems to be that way

3. THE BEST FIVE thrash bands are: Testament, Exodus, Kreator, Overkill and Sodom.

Nah -

It;s good, don't know about the best

5. Intelligent metalheads like other kinds of music besides just metal, and those that have balls will admit what they like.

Agreed

um - yeah, but I if they choose that, it's their choice

I have to disagree on this one

Somewhat true, some of them are just nut cases - put them in an arena with the "left-wing" wack jobs and let him fight it out gladiator style!!!

Yep!!!!!

10. Depeche Mode and The Cure are far more innovative and better than many metal bands.

The Cure - yes, than some metal bands. I love The Cure!!!!

Depends on the sport, like, say baseball - those guys are all on 'roids

Nah - I think Led Zeppelin is far more over rated

I like KISS better, but KISS and Iron Maiden are my 2 favorite bands!!!!

14. Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio should have always been called Heaven and Hell. They are a completely different band.

You may be on to something

Debatable

Agree

Agree

18. some of the most intelligent music and lyrics are written by extreme metal bands.

Some, yes

19. CSI is the best show on TV. All three of them are better than anything else out there.

Sorry, that would be LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW - I do like the original CSI!!!!!! Started watching it the first season

20. Female fronted gothic, power and symphonic metal is not just a fad, but a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnate metal scene. It's here to stay ... and it RULES!!!

No familiar with it enough..... Where is Tayla when we need her?

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

1. No, too much filler, but I can say that about almost every Maiden album..

2. Yes

3. Overkill and Sodom should be there but not the others..

4. I find a lot of fundamental things about the best of this genre to be the closest and most likeable evolution from classic melodic heavy metal a'la Maiden, Rainbow, Priest, etc...just nice and amped up. I usually like my HEAVY METAL without a trace of downtrodden American sound in sight. And I like speed, a lot. I find that many have either heard some bad example and written off everything, or simply won't listen to much of it because it isn't dark or aggressive..as if that's what most of classic, early metal ever was....now metal is not innovative enough to be positive or happy? sure..

5. Intelligent people tend to have 'unpopular' preferences: http://www.physorg.com/news186236813.html

Sure, some of it is an excuse to pimp atheism, but it's a generally good read.

6. Yes, and most of us are so disgusting it should never go anywhere unless we have a lobotomy.

7. Yes

8. Broadstroke, needs clarity

9. Yes

10. Metal-Archives finds 72,853 metal bands, which in my estimation must be much more bands than there are period new wave/gothic rock bands. Saying 'most' is a drop in the ocean, relative to how many bands there tend to be in most other scenes, and even so, the flexibility of metal as a genre and what it can accomplish should sufficiently prove itself as something that doesn't need to further insist it's innard innovative qualities.

11. *shrug*

12. I like them a lot, but all the 2000 on stuff is just praised way too much, that I see.

13. You mean 70's band like a band that made their debut in the 70's? Since I am bored to death by Rush, I will say Maiden, Rainbow..it's too bad most of the best prog bands came out in the late 60's instead, I would easily vote for any out of Crimson, Camel, Yes, Floyd, Magma..

14. Yep

15. I suppose so on some levels, considering the genre. Even so, she's trash compared to Michael Jackson, and you know the general audience is clueless when they buy so many records from such vastly different personalities simply due to the radio play.

16. Yes

17. I find nothing enjoyable about Nirvana. I am constantly playing and typing about bands that never get discussion here or among many metalheads in general. But I have always disliked this band. I find no color in this music, and usually no music in this music. I hear instrument sound, I do not hear waters of soothing instrumentation. I find no reason for most of the instrumentation to be present. Possibly why the unplugged album is the most listenable. I find no art or catharsis in this particular eschewing of traditional melody. I do in avant jazz or Isis; but not this band. I dislike high brow noise rock punk that is pop and insists it isn't pop and insists it isn't trying to act high brow. Though Kurt did admit to ripping the Pixies off to create 'Teen Spirit' and make one of the ultimate pop songs, so maybe not so much that first part..

18. Some of, but I don't really find much of a breaking point between most subgenres. I do know I would like to see a general lyrical shift..................of the audience...that is, caring more about lyrics in general. You only see it happen when a song garners a reaction on an absurd scale based on surface aesthetics, and then the second line in every review is 'such amazing lyrics..' but the average Joe trying to express himself and has no hype behind him never gets a fair shake.

19. I don't care for it, or most live action shows, but I can't say it is technically horrible or anything. My television life revolves around Adult Swim.

20. ehh, but too bad most of it isn't even gothic, barely passes for metal, and suckers metalheads into looking stupid in yet another way - showing off their wonderful dog-like qualities.. "I bought ____ because ____ is hot..". ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_razz maudlin of the Well was a breath of fresh air...Keldian is a breath of fresh air...Boris is a breath of fresh air..... Grave Digger is a breath of fresh air now because so many bands are so modern and ugly sounding. This 'genre', which also tends to be sexist since some bands have little in common sonically but just have female vocalists...is not too fresh. ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Mark my words:

This thread will not be open 24 hours from now.

In other words, too big of a possible flame war. (no pun intended)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

it's not in the general discussion. i don't see it being a problem.

no way man!

not in the least.

pffffttt, remove Testament & add Slayer.

i lol'd & peed a little.

i'm not a metal head, so i guess i agree with you.

has nothing to do with me. more power to them if that's what makes them happy.

no doubt about it.

i would agree to this.

i wouldn't know. it's the only one i've lived in.

i wouldn't know.

not American football. not to me anyway.

i'm not a fan since after 91, but i still give them props for what they've acomplished.

if you don't count Priest, Sabbath, & Motorhead.... maybe.

i disagree. it's still Sabbath to me.

one of the more influential on pop culture anyway.

my turds don't stink.

true

obviously i would agree

check out Breaking Bad. it's a fantastic show.

i like it just fine, but the scene was never stagnate imho.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:50 am

MC, what do you mean you're not a metalhead? Isn't metal your favorite genre?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 am

these days it seems tagging ones self as a metalhead implies that you're one of a clique or brotherhood, or that you accept metal as some sort of lifestyle rather than the form of entertainment that it is.

i'm just a dude who likes music. i leave it at at.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 am

mc666 wrote:
these days it seems tagging ones self as a metalhead implies that you're one of a clique or brotherhood, or that you accept metal as some sort of lifestyle rather than the form of entertainment that it is.

i'm just a dude who likes music. i leave it at at.

Yeah, I guess that's kinda how I am too. Especially with how vast my taste is.

I've always called myself a metalhead though -- since I was a kid. Metal is my number 1 fave I guess is why.

But I've often thought about the tag and what all it entails -- and wondered if I really should call myself that or not.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:20 am

[quote="Metallic Blaze"]Here's my lil take on the whole 'bandwagon' thingy.

Quote :

If you don't include their 80s albums with bruce I agree with you

Quote :

a bit

Quote :

Change Exodus to Laaz Rockit and change Sodom to Toxik.
Sodom are one of the weakest thrash metal bands.

Quote :

ah no.......

Quote :
Intelligent metalheads like other kinds of music besides just metal, and those that have balls will admit what they like.

True I don't give a smurf poo if metalheads pay me out for liking 90s rap.

Quote :

well my dick certainly does not belong in some other blokes arse.

But if a bloke wants to root some other blokes arse well he better be sure what he's getting himself into like being aware that he's increasing the risk of getting bashed or killed by a homophobe well his business and funeral and as long as what happens in closed doors stays behind closed doors. Enough said

Quote :

Any retarded idiot would think that George W Bush was a good president. GWB was the worst person ever to be born in America.
I don't trust Obama either I actually 90% agree what Blackie Lawless said about him but in the meantime he's doing a good job and cleaning up the mess George Retard Bush made but I think we'll see Obama's true colors in a year or 2 but I could be wrong. George W Bush deserves to be chucked in gaol and wake up every day with a sore arse, bloody war criminal f*&kwit. 100% agree

Quote :

100% agreed

Quote :

no Australia is. Why do you think me and my parents moved here from England and don't want to go back.

Quote :

interesting opinion not interested in The Cure but do like Depoche Mode depends which sub genres of metal obviously it's better than Metalcore, Grindcore and certainly better than emo metal (Trivium) if there were a subgenre

Quote :

don't live in the US the football over there is better than National Rugby League and particularly Australian Football League in Australia

Quote :

Disagree

Quote :

No Black sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd, bon scot AC/DC, Judas Priest, MC5 were
but 70s Rush is close though

Quote :

Agreed

Quote :

Not as good as Tina Turner, Prince and Michael Jackson

Quote :

depends on what they say. Like when listening to Master of puppets the first time when I was 13 I thought it was a crap but hey I was just an innocent ignorant 13 year old who recently started listening to metal after like 10 listens I loved it.

Quote :

I had a talk about Nirvana with danny Lfeitz the drummer from Mr Bungle and he thinks they were overrated he only liked them because of dave Groul's drumming and he aint no metalhead. I disagree completely

Quote :

who then?

Quote :

not as good as South park and anything involved in British comedy and crime dramas

Quote :

don't know don't care
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:09 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! 472591 ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! 647664

Not overrated but i like Bruce a lot better.

Instead of Kreator and Sodom i would say... Flotsam & Jetsam and Dark Angel

Disagree

I know what you're getting at. ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_lol

True! ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! 201269

Maybe... but that's not saying much.

The "liberal left" ain't nothin' great either. They all suck!

True. Maybe because i never experienced anything else...

I wouldn't go that far but i do enjoy them.

Nope.

Not really. I think Dave did influence many other players and i like their music. The vocals are the weak link.

Disagree. Sabbath has always held that title.

Maybe. But at the same time, Sabbath is Tony!

I guess. But in their eyes they think the same of you.

Not really. They were refreshing at one point but i quickly became tired of them.

Not really. Maybe some but not black metal.

Never watched it.

I don't care for most of it.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:51 am

I will only comment on #14, it is still Black Sabbath to me, if anything the band that calls itself Heaven and Hell should go back to calling themselves Black Sabbath, because that is who they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!   ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER DEAD HORSE???!!! WT...F!!!!
Page 1 of 1