Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity Empty
PostSubject: My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity   My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:51 am

Since we've been talking about Down here recently, I busted out an old CDR that has some demos a friend of mine recorded. My friend is one of those sick musicians that can just do it all, play any instrument, sing, whatever. He's just got that kind of talent.

Anyway, he's a huge CoC fan, as well as a big time Down fan. He recorded a song called "Life Scar" a few years ago as a tribute to CoC. Personally, I find this song to be absolutely killer! I mean, it sounds like it could be a CoC song, and if it were I think it'd be considered one of their best ever. The lead work throughout the entire song is brilliant! It's only a demo, but it came out excellent. I really think I should try and convince CoC to record their own version of it. Here's the song:

PAUL GUIDRY - LIFE SCAR

He also recorded a demo of Down's "Eyes of the South," and again, I think this one is killer. He does a pretty solid impression of Phil, too.

PAUL GUIDRY - EYES OF THE SOUTH (Originally by Down)

Let me know what you guys think. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity   My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 am

Color me impressed! I would buy an album based on Life Scar. Killer leads, southern metal groove, and Pepper Keenan style vocals 🤘 ! I hope your friend gets a record deal because he certainly deserves it. With Eyes Of The South his Phil impression is pretty much dead on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity   My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:34 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Color me impressed! I would buy an album based on Life Scar. Killer leads, southern metal groove, and Pepper Keenan style vocals 🤘 ! I hope your friend gets a record deal because he certainly deserves it. With Eyes Of The South his Phil impression is pretty much dead on.
Unfortunately he's not doing anything as a solo artist. He's a drummer in a band called Burn Your Halo. The lead work in "Life Scar" is absolutely awesome. I've got some other really cool stuff he's done on his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity   My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Friend's Tributes To Down And Corrosion Of Conformity
Page 1 of 1