Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
Troublezone
7thSecond
akeldama
Eyesore
Witchfinder
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 12:42 pm

C.O.C. has a new album coming out in January - No Cross No Crown

Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Coccdnov

No Cross No Crown tracklisting:

“Novus Deus”
“The Luddite”
“Cast The First Stone”
“No Cross”
“Wolf Named Crow”
“Little Man”
“Matre's Diem”
“Forgive Me”
“Nothing Left To Say”
“Sacred Isolation”
“Old Disaster”
“E.L.M.”
“No Cross No Crown”
“A Quest To Believe (A Call To The Void)”
“Son And Daughter”

Here's the first new track:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Diggin' the new tune. Not as great as I'd hoped, but good is good enough for me. Looking forward to the album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Totally dig the new song. I'm always ready for some new Corrosion Of Conformity.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 pm

C.O.C. died after 1987, even though Blind was an ok album for what it was. They just forgot to change their name. C.O.C. will always hold the distinction of being one of the first hardcore/crossover bands I remember to disappoint me by totally selling out. Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. and 7 Seconds were three of the others, though 7 Seconds revived themselves by releasing some great hardcore albums again and Suicidal and D.R.I. did release a few good thrash albums. I can't say that about C.O.C. (R.I.P. Eric Eycke)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 pm

7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. died after 1987, even though Blind was an ok album for what it was. They just forgot to change their name. C.O.C. will always hold the distinction of being one of the first hardcore/crossover bands I remember to disappoint me by totally selling out. Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. and 7 Seconds were three of the others, though 7 Seconds revived themselves by releasing some great hardcore albums again and Suicidal and D.R.I. did release a few good thrash albums. I can't say that about C.O.C. (R.I.P. Eric Eycke)

How did they sell out? Technocracy was a pretty clear indication that they were moving away from that strict hardcore sound that was on Eye for an Eye and Animosity.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Pepper fronted COC is my favorite! Can't wait for the full album! I know it will be better than what Down has been doing the last several years...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Yasss. I was jammin' this at full volume yesterday. Sounds like magic.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am

Digging the new tune. Looking forward to this one. I liked the last 2 albums they released, but there's something that just clicks having Pepper back in the fold.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

That song is pretty good. I doubt I'd ever pick up this release though. I only own Wiseblood and like it well enough. I just never got around to picking up anything else by them. Too many releases that I'd rather get, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am

Troublezone wrote:
Pepper fronted COC is my favorite! Can't wait for the full album! I know it will be better than what Down has been doing the last several years...

This! Looking forward to the album!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

How did they sell out? Technocracy was a pretty clear indication that they were moving away from that strict hardcore sound that was on Eye for an Eye and Animosity.

First off they only had one true strict hardcore album and that was Eye For An Eye. Animosity was much more crossover. Technocracy was actually a little bit of a step back towards hardcore again and even had Simon Bob Sinister from the hardcore band Ugly Americans as their singer. Nonetheless I got to hang out with C.O.C. a little as my good friends dad was their manager at the time and they were a semi local band. Maybe sellout was the wrong word. Drugs and a sudden fascination with the Grateful Dead culture and sludge metal bands are what helped change C.O.C. Anyway they seem happy doing what they're doing now, but I'll never forget when they were playing the good stuff me and so many of my friends at the time really liked.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

I need to get into this band. Which album would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 am

Gilbert wrote:

Get Blind and then Deliverance. If you like those you should check out their later albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Get Blind and then Deliverance.  If you like those you should check out their later albums.

Will start with blind then.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 10:35 am

Blind is excellent, but it's a bit of a transitional album for them. They were moving away from their punky, hardcore roots and getting more metal. Deliverance (also excellent) is where they starting embracing the sludgy groove they settled into and stuck with for the next 4 albums.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 12:01 pm

The new song isn't bad. I'd like to hear some more of it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am

Here's the next new track:

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 am

As much as I've liked the stuff COC put out during PJK's sabbatical I am glad he's back. I dug the song and vid and the drum work is exceptional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown
Page 1 of 1