Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

heartofmetal domain name expired?

Go down 
+16
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
corplhicks
Required Fields
ultmetal
mikeinfla
tohostudios
manny
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
Lari
Addy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 am

Has it been a year already? I chipped in last year. What's the situation this time around?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

Lari wrote:
Has it been a year already? I chipped in last year. What's the situation this time around?

Yeah, it's that time of year again. The proper authorities have been notified (Scott/Kurt).

Now we play the waiting game...

(taps foot impatiently, checks watch)

...ehh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 1:26 am

So why does this site work on my phone, but not on my kindle? Nothing I do seems to work on my kindle. Heartofmetal.niceboards.com redirects to heartofmetal.net then I get the expired domain message. Is there something I can do to fix it? To hard to use this site on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 11:35 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
So why does this site work on my phone, but not on my kindle? Nothing I do seems to work on my kindle. Heartofmetal.niceboards.com redirects to heartofmetal.net then I get the expired domain message. Is there something I can do to fix it? To hard to use this site on my phone.

The alternate address is "niceboard," not "niceboards" (no "s").

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

The alternate address is "niceboard," not "niceboards" (no "s").
I know, that was a typo. Doesn't matter, seems to be working now.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 1:13 pm

I was wondering why I was unable to access the board last night, and figured the domain name just had to be renewed. Now it has.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Huh? Wha? It's been fixed already? Wow. That was quicker than usual. Why am I always the last one to know? Haha.

Thanks to Scott or Kurt or whoever flipped the switch and kept the dot-net lights on.
I had nothin' to do with it. :cheese:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 am

Did I miss a meeting?

I couldn't log in to the forum using the dot-net URL this morning, had to use the niceboard address instead.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 am

Yeah, domain name has expired. But do we even need it, if everything works otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 am

Lari wrote:
Yeah, domain name has expired. But do we even need it, if everything works otherwise?

I guess not (shrugs).

I don't have the privileges/mojo to do anything about it. I alerted the proper authorities when the annual renewal thingies came up. If they don't wanna be bothered, I'm not gonna sweat it.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Lari wrote:
Well I can't login on my kindle anymore, even after trying the heartofmetal.niceboard.com address. Only way I can get here now is on my computer, which means I won't be on much at all since I rarely have it on during the week. Hope they figure it out, otherwise I'll see ya when I see ya lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 4:37 pm

scratch I have no issue getting to here from my kindle (I'm on my kindle right now).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Kindle should have no trouble accessing this site.

I mean, it's just a domain name. If you can access the boards via heartofmetal.net you should be able to access it just the same via https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com

There's nothing to it in that regard. Just a different address.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Well no idea, but every time I manually type in the niceboard name, I get redirected to some other site. I understand how it works, but for whatever reason it just doesn't work for me. Maybe if I get energetic enough I'll clean out my cache and cookies to see if that works. Not a big deal since i don't post a ton here anyways, but I do read a lot of posts while surfing around. I'm sure all will be fixed sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 9:46 pm

Cleaned my cache and now it works. Now I gotta go login to everything again....ugh lol
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Did I miss a meeting?

I couldn't log in to the forum using the dot-net URL this morning, had to use the niceboard address instead.

I always use the .net one, but for now I'm using the Niceboard URL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heartofmetal domain name expired?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3