Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

heartofmetal domain name expired?

Go down 
+16
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
corplhicks
Required Fields
ultmetal
mikeinfla
tohostudios
manny
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
Lari
Addy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

heartofmetal domain name expired? Empty
PostSubject: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

I had to type the forum address to get here, wasnt sure if you guys powers that be, etc were aware
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

I noticed that, too. I thought the board was gone, for a moment.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 11:53 am

Same here. I remember this happening a couple of times in the past
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Needs to be renewed and I think it's up to Scott at this point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Yeah, it's that time of year again, the 'dot-net" name is due for renewal. No biggy.

I sent the Powers that Be (i.e. Scott and/or Kurt) a shout about it via FB cuz that still falls under their jurisdiction, it's beyond my meager Mod abilities.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Btw, I'll happily donate a few bucks towards the maintenance of the boards, if there's a paypal link or something. So I'll at least carry my own weight.

I know it's not free to do this.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 9:24 am

domain name registration isnt all that expensive maybe 13-15 for a year i think the last one i did was for my church at 3 years for like 38 bucks but if it were member donated prob could get a longer renewal
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Any chance Scott would let a everyday member like Fat Freddy take over administrator duties? Scott is awesome, but I'm not sure if he has lost interest or has the time anymore...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 11:16 am

Troublezone wrote:
Any chance Scott would let a everyday member like Fat Freddy take over administrator duties? Scott is awesome, but I'm not sure if he has lost interest or has the time anymore...

I'd have no problem with that...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 1:38 pm

This is the first time in three days I've been able to come here. Figured the forum was gone and just about deleted it from my favorites. How did others get on here during the time it was down?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 pm

type in heartofmetal.niceboard.com
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'd have no problem with that...

I think you would be the obvious choice, because you're easy going and not someone that would abuse the position.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 am

If I had the administrative mojo to fix the domain thingy I would take care of it myself, but when I looked at the section of the admin panel where you can do such things, it tells me that only the board's "founder" (meaning Scott and/or Kurt) can access that particular function.  

...so hey, I tried. (shrugs) I'm told that if it isn't taken care of soon, we may lose the dot-net domain name, but it's out of my hands.

Mind you, if the "heart of metal dot-net" address does get deleted/goes away, it does not mean the board will go away. The forum will still exist, we would have to use the longer "niceboard dot com" URL from then on.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Has anyone been able to contact Scott to see what he wants to do? Hopefully he's doing alright, we haven't heard from him lately.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 am

Fat Freddy did contact him and Kurt. Kurt could not access it for some reason, and my admin rights limit what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 4:26 am

Kind of sucks, and I hope they fix it. My kindle is the only device I have that can access this site now. No matter which web address I try, I get nothing. Tried my phone, and my computer with no luck.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 am

That's odd because I can access it just fine with every device.

Make sure you use the correct address.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 pm

I have been trying both addresses, and nothing works unless I'm on my kindle.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Not only could I not access the board but my Norton security kept warning me about a driveby download the first couple of days I tried.

Glad to see it's back.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 pm

I have no problem signing in with my phone.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Is the normal domain back? Currently using the niceboard link the other (original) link locks up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Is the normal domain back? Currently using the niceboard link the other (original) link locks up.

Not the last time I checked.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 11:19 am

I have heard nothin' about the dot-net domain being updated, so we may have to get used to the niceboard dot-com URL.

I'm sorry, gang. If I had the administrative mojo to take care of this myself, I would've. Sad

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 11:20 pm

OK, we need about $25 to pay for 1500 credits. Kmorg will have to pay finalize it as he is the "founder" but you can Paypal me ultmetal@yahoo.com to buy credits and when we have enough I'll let kmorg know.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
OK, we need about $25 to pay for 1500 credits. Kmorg will have to pay finalize it as he is the "founder"  but you can Paypal me ultmetal@yahoo.com to buy credits and when we have enough I'll let kmorg know.

What exactly do you get for 1500 credits?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heartofmetal domain name expired?   heartofmetal domain name expired? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heartofmetal domain name expired?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next