Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Savatage era

Go down 
+16
nevermore
James B.
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Keeperofmetal
akeldama
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
Witchfinder
CRIMSONMASK
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
metalinmyveins
Big Rich
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which Savatage era is your favorite?
Sirens to Hall Of The Mountain King
Favorite Savatage era Vote_lcap38%Favorite Savatage era Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
Gutter Ballet to Edge Of Thorns
Favorite Savatage era Vote_lcap38%Favorite Savatage era Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
Handful Of Rain to Poets and Madmen
Favorite Savatage era Vote_lcap4%Favorite Savatage era Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
I like them all about the same
Favorite Savatage era Vote_lcap17%Favorite Savatage era Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
I'd rather listen to Jon Oliva's Pain records
Favorite Savatage era Vote_lcap3%Favorite Savatage era Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

Favorite Savatage era Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 am

The band went through lots of changes over the years, including the worst kind when Criss passed.

Which Savatage era is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am

Not even close for me. Sirens to Hall!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 11:58 am

Sirens to Hall Of The Mountain King......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

I like pretty much everything they ever did but my mania for this band was at its absolute peak during the Gutter thru Edge of Thorns era.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like pretty much everything they ever did but the Gutter thru Edge of Thorns era was when my mania for this band was at its absolute peak.

Yep. drunk
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Sirens to halls. Pure metal magic!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Little anecdote for y'all:

Me and a buddy were in the process of getting shitty one night at a local watering hole(Twin Oaks Bar & Grill, Denver, NC for those of you keeping score at home) when we met this dude who told us he was a drummer in a metal band. When asked what the band's name was, he informed us "Savatage". We both said that we were fans of "his band" and proceeded to grill him about it. You could have heard the tires squealing as he hemmed and hawed, finally confessing he only played with them for a couple of live shows. He then promptly made an excuse to disappear. As far as I know he hasn't been seen at T.O. since. The moral of the story is to be careful when bullshitting someone, for you never know when you'll run into the only two guys in Denver, NC who've heard of Savatage.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Sirens To Hall. I like Gutter as well. The rest are not my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Gutter Ballet and Edge of Thorns are my go to Savatage albums. Ballet is a pinnacle of theirs, I believe. Don't like Streets at all, but these two are unmatched, so the vote goes.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 1:16 pm

I chose the fourth option: all of 'em!

Savatage is/was awesome in many ways, and that puts them above the rest.

And JOP are/were awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 pm

The Wake of Magellan is my favourite album, but Hall, Gutter and Streets (and Dungeons, if you count that) are about on par. All really awesome, as is pretty much everything else released by this band as well. Except for Fight for the Rock, of course. That's only so-so.

Truly an amazing band. The best ever.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Gutter Ballet to Edge Of Thorns because that's the era my bro introduced me to first and it's been the sound I associate with them the most although my fave album is The Wake Of Magellan.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

I went with liking them all the same. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm

I don't hate the albums, but it just wasn't Savatage to me after Criss died.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Well, Criss is my favourite too, but Alex Skolnick is like my man-crush and Al Pitrelli and Chris Caffery are also both great. I never had a problem with the axe work on a Savatage album.

Caffery also has kind of nailed that Criss Oliva guitar sound and tone. His solo albums are a thrill to listen to partly because of that. Of course he doesn't quite do the intricate stuff as well, but it's that sound that I really want.

I heard Caffery asked for Criss' amps and gear, and I don't know if he got them but I wouldn't be surprised because there is something there definitely in the tone.

And don't get me started on Matt LaPorte. A totally different and unique, but still very awesome. Jon Oliva always seemed to surround himself with terrific guitarists. Certainly made no compromise, apart from the obvious one of not having access to Criss' playing and songwriting anymore.
Back to top Go down
Keeperofmetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
Keeperofmetal

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Sirens to Edge Of Thorns is for me the era of their biggest albums

After those albums they still releasing great songs but no great albums

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 am

Gutter Ballet is my favorite, so I chose that era.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like pretty much everything they ever did but my mania for this band was at its absolute peak during the Gutter thru Edge of Thorns era.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 am

As of late, I'd rather listen to JoP.

I still dig all three eras of Tage

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 am

James B. wrote:
As of late, I'd rather listen to JoP.

I still dig all three eras of Tage

I seem to listen to JOP more than Savatage these days too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am

I just played Maniacal Renderings the other day, and it's aged well and I also rediscovered some really good tracks on the second half of the album that I hadn't been paying attention to before.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 11:55 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Not even close for me. Sirens to Hall!

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 am

I'm with FF.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm with FF.

Have you two set a date yet ?

I believe that kind of marriage is legal in Jersey Laughing very hard

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm

I like the first two.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Savatage era   Favorite Savatage era Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Savatage era
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: