Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted tower dire tips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Twisted tower dire tips Empty
PostSubject: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:10 pm

I have been wanting to explore this band for quite a while. Earlier today i ordered 2 of their albums: crest of the martyrs and netherworlds. Blind purchase actually.

Is it a good place to start?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I have been wanting to explore this band for quite a while. Earlier today i ordered 2 of their albums: crest of the martyrs and netherworlds.  Blind purchase actually.

Those are both good albums and an excellent place to start. Their other albums are good as well, but be aware that the lead singer on all but their last album died in a motorcycle accident in 2010.

Their last album - Make It Dark - is really good but much more melodic than their previous material.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I have been wanting to explore this band for quite a while. Earlier today i ordered 2 of their albums: crest of the martyrs and netherworlds.  Blind purchase actually.

Those are both good albums and an excellent place to start.  Their other albums are good as well, but be aware that the lead singer on all but their last album died in a motorcycle accident in 2010.

Their last album - Make It Dark - is really good but much more melodic than their previous material.

Read about the car crash accident. Too bad. I can't wait to give them a listen.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 12:57 pm

How did you end up liking the discs you got?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 8:28 am

The Isle Of Hydra is my favorite...

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Lari wrote:
How did you end up liking the discs you got?

Very good band headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm asking because I don't own anything by them, but have been meaning to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 10:05 pm

Highly recommended Lari. Check em out buddy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:45 pm

I have two of their albums on my wantlist. Crest of the Martyrs and Isle of Hydra. The former is readily available and cheap second hand. The latter a little tougher nut to crack (cheaply)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Lari wrote:
I have two of their albums on my wantlist. Crest of the Martyrs and Isle of Hydra. The former is readily available and cheap second hand. The latter a little tougher nut to crack (cheaply)

I own three of their albums: crest of the martyrs, make it dark and netherworlds. The rest are a bit hard to find. Still tracking them.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 2:27 am

I found a second hand copy of Isle of Hydra, and also ordered Crest of the Martyrs. These will be my first "Dire" CDs.

Unlike most (?) people, I do not like to sample stuff beforehand, if I'm positive it's something I will enjoy, so it's going to be a nice listening session getting into this. I'm not sure I've ever heard them, but the reviews make it seem like it's something i'd totally dig.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

Lari wrote:
I found a second hand copy of Isle of Hydra, and also ordered Crest of the Martyrs. These will be my first "Dire" CDs.

Unlike most (?) people, I do not like to sample stuff beforehand, if I'm positive it's something I will enjoy, so it's going to be a nice listening session getting into this. I'm not sure I've ever heard them, but the reviews make it seem like it's something i'd totally dig.

I was able to find both Isle and the Curse at a small metal shop in Athens last week. Both come as double Cds. Amazing albums really. Now my TTD collection is complete headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Can't go wrong with any of their stuff, nice finds.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Nobody really said a word about the music. Comparable bands, guitar work, singer soundalikes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 pm

They were at the beginning of the NWOTHM and have a lot of Maiden sound mixed with Omen imo. The last album, Make it Dark had a different lead singer and reminds me of Jag Panzer somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted tower dire tips   Twisted tower dire tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted tower dire tips
Page 1 of 1