Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Tower Dire reissue.

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Anyone even into these guys? When they came out this kind of metal was practically a bad word, a more traditional power metal sound. The rerelease of The Curse Of Twisted Tower Dire is a double disc with some early demos. I might get this if I can afford it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:14 pm

These guys are awesome! Looking fwd to that reissue as well!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:49 pm

I heard some samples of their stuff the other day and I thought it was pretty good so I might pick their albums up eventually.

I dont know why but my band is constantly compared to these guys. From the things I have heard I guess I can hear some similarities but I dont know....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:06 pm

I have one of their cds, but the name escapes me at the moment. It's decent power metal, but honeslty, it's been awhile since I've listened to it. I think I grabbed it during Tower Records fire sale, just based on the cover. I'm pretty much done with that genre, so I don't see picking this one up anytime soon.

Good band though, if that's your kick.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have one of their cds, but the name escapes me at the moment. It's decent power metal, but honeslty, it's been awhile since I've listened to it. I think I grabbed it during Tower Records fire sale, just based on the cover. I'm pretty much done with that genre, so I don't see picking this one up anytime soon.

Wanna get rid of it?? greedy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wanna get rid of it?? greedy

Maybe. I'm currently in the process of re-catalogging my entire cd collection (yea, it's pretty slow in work). As I'm going through, I've been pulling out some discs that I haven't spun in awhile. If they don't grab me, into the trade pile they go. TTD's Crest of the Martyers is one that's due for a re-listening.

P.S. I'm almost to 1400 cds so far. I really need to cut back.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Cool. Lemme know

1400? Thats all? Pshhhh I passed that years ago lol!

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Great band...saw them live...Jim (bass) is a super cool bro...played w/ him in OCTOBER 31...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:47 pm

I have Crest Of The Martyrs and love it. Great traditional metal the way it should be. I sent some songs on some comps to Ult awhile back from that album, and I think PRD too (but I can't remember and the playlists were wiped out when I had to slick my hard drive so I can't check).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Always herd good things about these guys. Never came around to check them out myself.

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm

My fave from them is The Isle Of Hydra...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Saw em live a couple of years ago. Heard a couple of their discs.
Back to top Go down
Navouhodonosor
Metal student
Metal student
Navouhodonosor

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm

I have some of their stuff & I have seen them live once. Honest band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Tower Dire reissue.   Twisted Tower Dire reissue. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Tower Dire reissue.
Page 1 of 1