Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Human - fem-fronted metal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Once Human - fem-fronted metal Empty
PostSubject: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Searched for these guys like crazy here and couldn't find anything. Once Human has got to be my favorite discovery of the year. Completely addicted melodic-prog-death with a KILLER female vocalist/growler. She's menacing as hell. The music has a serious Sepultura vibe going on--figures since the project was started by the guitarist from Soulfly/Machine Head (Logan Mader). It twists and turns, sometimes gets doomy, sometimes thrashy, even sometimes funky. Check it out.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 5:02 pm

I enjoy them. The second album is great, but the first one seems better. Maybe just because I've spun it more. That's it probably.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 5:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
I enjoy them. The second album is great, but the first one seems better. Maybe just because I've spun it more. That's it probably.

I've only heard their latest, looking forward to hearing earlier work.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 pm

We've discussed them here before, probably in the big Female-Fronted Metal thread. But yeah, great band. And she's a badass.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 2:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
We've discussed them here before, probably in the big Female-Fronted Metal thread. But yeah, great band. And she's a badass.

I had a feeling they were buried somewhere in that thread. Shoulda dug deeper.

She does have a powerful presence, and delivers solid in both the growls and the melody (I hate using the word "cleans") departments. She makes their videos rather mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm

You ever hear Logan Mader talk? He looks like a total badass, but when I watched the studio interviews from this new album, I was like, "Uh...that's his voice?" Haha.

And since we're making weird observations, she has a WICKED greasy face. Laughing

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 10:55 am

^^LOL. Dude comes across as so intimidating in the music videos and on stage, and here he sounds like the sweetest guy ever.

Yeah she's greasy--but still smokin' haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Human - fem-fronted metal   Once Human - fem-fronted metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once Human - fem-fronted metal
Page 1 of 1