Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue

Go down 
+9
stepcousin
exact33
kethdredd
DallasBlack
Rex
scottmitchell74
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
As Above, So Below freekin' rules!! A HUGE "return to form" for the big D on that one. 🤘

YES!! Very good record!!!

I still haven't heard the new "D" (other than the samples posted on their MySpace) but it's on my never-ending shopping list.... Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Quote :
I like the first 3 D releases. They are good
metal. I do think that D is really just capitalizing on the name now
though. The new one was pretty lousy and it along with assimilation
made me wonder - how many copies of this were sold because of the name
Deliverance vs how many copies would have been sold if it was under
another moniker that brown uses?
Capitalizing? What kind of money do you think they are making off of this? The disc probably sold a couple thousand copies at most, I'm guessing they are in it for the love vice any kind of royalties they may get.

I respectfully disagree on their latest release, I think its some of Jimmy's best work musically speaking.

Its conjecture but honestly how many copies would they have sold if it was under another moniker? The music style is similar to some of his other bands so why not release it under one of those names? The answer is Deliverance = automatic name recognition in the christian metal scene = more hype = higher sales with less advertising.

If you like the album thats cool. Everyone likes different stuff. I thought, as metal goes, it was boring and not entertaining. There are a lot better things out there...

Alex

mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:08 am

Does anyone know where this can be pre-ordered/ordered?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:55 pm

I don't think it's available for pre-order yet.

Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:15 am

Well I wish the KMG would ACTUALLY put out a SINGLE QUALITY release for once...

Every cd of theirs I've ever seen is the 2 packs and has a single sheet liner in the packaging. Lame dude. You want to make money KMG?!? Put out the albums like they should be put out....in a high quality fashion.

If I had the money to buy the rights for that stuff I'd TOTALLY hop on that though. But I'm just a college student and this isn't exactly my best asset...you know. Money. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:11 am

The Deliverance re-issue is a single album re-issue. It just has a second disc of bonus material .

I don't think KMG is even around any more. Retroactive Records has been putting out most of the old Christian metal stuff in the past couple years. They have been doing a good job with the reissues IMO. They put out the Ultimatum reissues and didn't skimp on the packaging or mastering.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:20 am

ultmetal wrote:

I don't think KMG is even around any more.

I don't think so either. Every mention I ever see of that label on the net or in catalogs refers to them as "defunct"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 pm

I am in the minority here, as I LOVE the stuff from Learn on. In fact, Learn is one of my Top 5 favorite albums of all time, regardless of genre (would instantly snap up a re-issue with bonus cuts here...). Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the entire D catalog, Assimilation included. But Learn, Camelot, and River Disturbande are all just so incredibly powerful from an emotional standpoint. The songwriting and arrangement are killer.

As Above, So Below is insanely good! It is like a combination of the best of both styles, much like Stay Of Execution.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:14 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I am in the minority here, as I LOVE the stuff from Learn on. In fact, Learn is one of my Top 5 favorite albums of all time, regardless of genre (would instantly snap up a re-issue with bonus cuts here...). Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the entire D catalog, Assimilation included. But Learn, Camelot, and River Disturbande are all just so incredibly powerful from an emotional standpoint. The songwriting and arrangement are killer.

As Above, So Below is insanely good! It is like a combination of the best of both styles, much like Stay Of Execution.

Arttie

Arttie,

Its like you jumped in my brain, pushed all the pictures of naked chicks to the side as to clear my thoughts and wrote them in this response as that is exactly how I feel on the subject.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Got the Retroactive - River Disturbance the other day.

Had been quite some time since I've listened to this.

When it originally came out I was pretty disappointed as I LOVED!! everything through and including Stay Of Execution. I was definitely more into Thrash and Death Metal then so I didn't like the direction Learn and River Disturbance took.
That being said, I listened to them a lot.

Well, having picked up the re-issue (Retroactive is hitting on all cylinders!!!!!) I must say my 33 year old ears like this more thoughtful metal then I did then. River Disturbance is very good, and has some big riffs. So what if they don't thrash at 100 MPH. It's good. I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:13 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Got the Retroactive - River Disturbance the other day.

Had been quite some time since I've listened to this.

When it originally came out I was pretty disappointed as I LOVED!! everything through and including Stay Of Execution. I was definitely more into Thrash and Death Metal then so I didn't like the direction Learn and River Disturbance took.
That being said, I listened to them a lot.

Well, having picked up the re-issue (Retroactive is hitting on all cylinders!!!!!) I must say my 33 year old ears like this more thoughtful metal then I did then. River Disturbance is very good, and has some big riffs. So what if they don't thrash at 100 MPH. It's good. I stand corrected.

I was 28 when I first heard it so I have always loved it. It's definetely different. But a good different. Now go back and listen to Camelot in Smithereens. Its good as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Quote :
Camelot in Smithereens.

Twisted Evil Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 309780 :bounce: 👽 Attention! You will send me yours, you will send me yours, you will send me yours.......

I've never heard it. After River Disturbance I stopped with the "D" and reviews I read never inspired me to do otherwise.

Good, eh??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 pm

I like it alot. Its alot more thought provoking than any of the other D albums. I got a copy for 7 bucks. So it isn't rare. Don't listen to the nay sayers that say it isnt good. It is.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:24 pm

Cool! I may put it on my "30 for 08" as I'm having a Deliverance revival of late.

What about Assimilation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Assimilation is good as well. But it has "industrial" influences. Whatever. I like it regardless. JPB was influenced by Marylin Manson type music on that album, but he put talent behind it which made it good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 7:48 am

I have a better appreciation for River Disturbance now after the reissue. I have always loved the Steve Taylor cover off of the Steve Taylor tribute cd and it is a great bonus track.

I have gone back and listened to Assimilation and As Above... They are ok i guess. I doubt I will spin them with any regularity though.

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue   Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance - RIVER DISTURBANCE reissue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2