Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beer!

Go down 
+71
Tur-Thalion
Metallic Blaze
holydiver97595
shamgar75
mlotek
Wargod
Zdan
Shawn Of Fire
rawr!
TheDoctor'sScarf
bassman
metallicleora
Rostov
Taibhse
Orion Crystal Ice
Pantera
chewie
Joe
Ultimate.Nightmare
Addy
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
Stender
exact33
hiraxmaniac
akeldama
James B.
Dave the Boss
SlaytanicPOWER
GrandNational
metalheaded
7thSaviour
QuothTheRaven
TrogDawn
manny
Zé Metal & Company
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
sam
Hamer12
MetalH
DeathCult
rattpoison
tohostudios
SideShowDisaSter
MetalRob331
Mglaffas81
ultrametal
Required Fields
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
brontotex
Smindas
kmorg
MoonChild
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
Troublezone
thejokeriv
outofstep
Shiney
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
mc666
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
TheGooch
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:39 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I really think most beers taste quite good, especially the high dollar stuff. It could just be an aquired taste, though.
I'm not sure about the acquired taste part. I've drank a lake of beer in my life, and it still sucks! Haha. It's all varying degrees of crap to me. Being drunk is fun, but it's a lot of hard work getting there. It was easier back in the day, of course, hanging with friends and such, doing the kid thing, but as an adult, I just find drinking that poo to be a pain in the balls.

These days I pretty much try to get drunk, but quit midway there after I start peeing so much it's interupting our game of Sorry! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:01 pm

It's all about bladder control, my son. Try not to think about Niagra Falls, all those millions of gallons of water rushing over the...... errrr.... excuse me for a sec.

Props to anyone who can identify that. Wink
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:32 pm

Yeah, I don't mean to be stuffy but I work at a college and even most of the 21 year olds can't handle it yet. I'm glad I didn't start drinking beer much til I was about 33 I guess. That was only two years ago, and now I'm 49 years old...so consider that a cautionary tale.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:33 pm

Quote :
about 33 I guess. That was only two years ago, and now I'm 49 years old...so consider that a cautionary tale.

lol!
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:10 am

Prison sucks, my friend. I mean, I have read that it sucks. Smile
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
Yeah I hate the taste but after 3 beers I just don't care! 🤘
Um...I think you're heading down the wrong road, bro. Shouldn't you be playing Pokemon and drinking Kool-Aid?

Hey! That's the only time that I took more than 3 beers! Actually I just take a beer...I don't know why! But my mother didn't care about me taking 4 beers this time lol! ...
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:13 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's true.....13 years old?

Yeah...But I'm better than some kids that I know! Some of them are taking drugs! But I don't need drugs.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 am

MMMMM I love a good pint! Usually stick to the micro brews/imports though but I enjoy just about anything, even the cheap stuff. Back in my college years I swore by all the cheap swill :PBR, red white and blue, schmidt's, Busch light, Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's best, old english 800, mickey's, shiner, etc. Wow, I'm getting thirsty.
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

outofstep wrote:
I swore by all the cheap swill :PBR, red white and blue, schmidt's, Busch light, Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's best, old english 800, mickey's, shiner, etc.

...as did I. I feel as though I have paid my dues to the Gods of Swill and now have graduated to the finer brews. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:07 am

spectrefate wrote:
outofstep wrote:
I swore by all the cheap swill :PBR, red white and blue, schmidt's, Busch light, Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's best, old english 800, mickey's, shiner, etc.

...as did I. I feel as though I have paid my dues to the Gods of Swill and now have graduated to the finer brews. Smile

I love me a good micro brew, Belgian, or an India Pale Ale, (Sierra Nevada is my fave Pale Ale) but sometimes the cheap stuff still tastes good. When I go away on my camping trips I usually get by with a 30 pack of something cheap (i.e. Pabst Blue Ribbon, Red Dog, etc.) ... because in those cases you gotta go for quantity over quality. Smile
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:06 am

spectrefate wrote:
outofstep wrote:

I've paid more than my share to dues to the porcelain god thanks to cheap swill! sick
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
outofstep wrote:

I love me a good micro brew, Belgian, or an India Pale Ale, (Sierra Nevada is my fave Pale Ale) but sometimes the cheap stuff still tastes good. When I go away on my camping trips I usually get by with a 30 pack of something cheap (i.e. Pabst Blue Ribbon, Red Dog, etc.) ... because in those cases you gotta go for quantity over quality. Smile

Sierra Nevada pale is great! It's one of my favorite pale ale's as well. I also enjoy summitt pale, Bitter Woman IPA, New Glarus Hop Hearty IPA, as well as a bunch of other I'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Beer - it's what's for dinner..........

Red Dog - lol
PBR - lol

I had Guiness in Ireland and wow, what a good beer, tastes so much better than the guiness we get in the US (and brewed in Canada!)

I like trying new beers, the only type I don't like is IPA - to hoppy for my taste

Anyone ever brew their own beer? I have a kit (I haven't brewed any in a while). I've had several really good batches and one really bad batch (that would be the one in which I roasted my own grain, etc, etc, truely from scratch)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Anyone ever brew their own beer? I have a kit (I haven't brewed any in a while). I've had several really good batches and one really bad batch (that would be the one in which I roasted my own grain, etc, etc, truely from scratch)

I was just looking at a magazine ad for a home brewing kit a couple of days ago and thinking "Wow, that might be fun to try." Although it sez it takes about two weeks to brew and I ain't got that kinda time!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 am

I like Newcastle and Young's chocolate stout.
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I was just looking at a magazine ad for a home brewing kit a couple of days ago and thinking "Wow, that might be fun to try." Although it sez it takes about two weeks to brew and I ain't got that kinda time!!

I had a friend that brewed his own beer once in the early 90's. I remember it having an aromatic quality of gym socks. I cannot accurately describe the taste. sick
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The cans give too much of a metallic taste to the beer. If you can't get the real thing in a bar (pub), then the bottled version is mighty tasty.

yes you are absolutley right there
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Ah, a subject close to my heart. What's funny is that I didn't really get into beer, until I was 25. Then one night, at an office party, someone handed me a Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Discovery: Beer can have taste?!

Nowdays I hardly ever drink that particular beer, but that's the one that showed me what things could be like. My favorite for the last 3 or 4 years has been Bridgeport IPA. Indeed, I have a fondness for many west-coast pale ales (yep, including good ol' SNPA). I think it's funny that American beer has such a bad reputation, because we actually have some of the best beers in the world (if you like "citrusy" hops).

There's an old joke where John Cleese asks how American beer is like making love in a canoe. I won't spoil the punchline (look it up), but sometimes I have to remember that it's an old joke from the 1970s, before the craft brewery craze started.

Fermenting in my house right now: 5 gallons of apple cider, and 5 gallons of super-hoppy APA. Coming up the weekend after this one: a honey wheat. After that: who knows? If it gets cold enough, I might try my hand at a lager.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 am

New Castle is pretty damn good, we have it on tap at work
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Beer! - Page 2 Pic976

Beer! - Page 2 Zlaty_bazant_12

Beer! - Page 2 2338188203

Beer! - Page 2 Gambrinus_pivo
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Funny, I'm listening to Korpiklaani right now wishing I liked beer and this thread gets bumped! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:44 am

i just bought four cans of bettabuy lager from the supermarket for 88p thats like one dollar sixty cents. i dont know what it tastes like yet though
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:14 pm

I just thought I would share something. I am an admitted Guinness Draught freakazoid, but I like something a little different on occasion and thought I would check out Smithwick's Irish Ale.
Man this is a close second on my beer list. It isn't has smooth as Guinness Draught but it has the smoothest taste I have had in what I call a "fizzy" beer.
So take it from a man who takes not so much his beer, but his drinking seriously, Smitchwick's is A-OK.
Now I need to go stay with Locky for a spell so I can taste REAL Irish beer. Smile
Back to top Go down

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:23 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i just bought four cans of bettabuy lager from the supermarket for 88p thats like one dollar sixty cents. i dont know what it tastes like yet though

88p for four cans? Wow I bet that beer is just dee-licious!

Beer! - Page 2 UK-Bettabuy_Lager_44-03
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Beer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:09 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
New Castle is pretty damn good, we have it on tap at work
NUKE ME! yes...very good.