Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions

Go down 
+2
Required Fields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 6:33 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Washington Capitals (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (2nd in Metropolitan Division)
A sense of déjà vu comes up here. The Capitals finished first in the league during the regular season last year, but were defeated in the second round by the Pittsburgh Penguins. Once again having to face the Penguins in the second round, the Capitals are hoping this is not a repeat of last year's meeting between the two teams, in which Pittsburgh won en route to winning the Stanley Cup. This marks the 10th time the two teams have met in the playoffs; so far, the Penguins have the Caps' number, having won eight of the previous nine meetings.
Prediction: Pittsburgh in seven games.

Ottawa Senators (2nd in Atlantic Division) vs. New York Rangers (1st wild card)
Ottawa started off the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs on a high note, advancing beyond the first round of the playoffs for the first time in four years. After defeating the Boston Bruins four games to two, they face the New York Rangers, who surprised the Montréal Canadiens in six games in the opening round. The Senators and Rangers previously met in the playoffs only once, in the opening round of the 2012 playoffs; the Rangers won that series in seven games.
Prediction: Ottawa in six games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2nd in Pacific Division)
Anaheim was the first team to get their ticket punched to the second round of the playoffs by sweeping the Calgary Flames in the opening round. Edmonton has already made their first playoff appearance in this decade a memorable one by defeating the defending Western Conference champions, the San Jose Sharks, in six games in the opening round. Edmonton won three of the five games in the regular season, although two of those wins required overtime. Edmonton won the only other playoff meeting between the two teams to date, back in 2006.
Prediction: Edmonton in seven games.

St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division) vs. Nashville Predators (2nd wild card)
The Nashville Predators are hot off of one of the most shocking upsets in recent memory in the NHL, and perhaps the most shocking sweep in NHL history. They became the first last seed in the modern playoff format to sweep the top seeded team in the opening round when they swept the Chicago Blackhawks four games to nothing in the opening round of the playoffs. It was the first sweep in franchise history. They face the St. Louis Blues, who defeated the Minnesota Wild four games to one in the opening round. Nashville won three of the five meetings between the two teams in the regular season. This marks the first time the two teams have met in the playoffs.
Prediction: Nashville in seven games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 6:59 pm

I don't care how great the Caps play in the regular season, I can't put any trust in them in the playoffs. I'll take the Pens.

I picked the Senators last round, I'll take them this round.

I did poorly withe Western Conference last round so I'll just on a whim take the Ducks and the Blues.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Crosby beats Ovechkin once again. Five games.

Rangers will easily handle the Senators. Sens manage to win a couple 1-0 games though, so it goes 6 games.

Nashville is better than the Blues, but this series will be boring hockey. My nightmare scenario is one of these teams reaches the final against Ottawa. Anyway, Predators 4-0. 

Anaheim  - Edmonton is too close to call. Coin toss says Oilers. 6 games.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 am

I want Edmonton to do well for nostalgia's sake.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Pens
Sens
Oilers (tough call)
Blues
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm calling Kreider for the OT winner in Ottawa.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Well, you were close
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 4:34 am

After 5 games, it's:

Washington - Pittsburgh 2-3
Ottawa - NY Rangers 3-2
St.Louis - Nashville 2-3
Anaheim - Edmonton 3-2

Some crazy hockey happening. Crosby gets a concussion Monday, but comes back to play Saturday.

The Rangers win their both games with ease, but struggle to hold leads on the road and lose three close ones they probably should have won at least one or two of.

I haven't been watching the Blues/Preds series, just highlights. Rinne's stats are insane.

But the craziest game all playoffs was that game 5 in Anaheim when the building was already clearing out and a lot of fans were going for the exits. Then with three minutes to go, the Ducks come back from a 3-0 deficit to tie it and win it in double OT. Would have sucked to miss that due to wanting to beat traffic.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 11:47 am

Edmonton laid down thinking they had the win. Going to be hard to overcome that mentally.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 1:42 am

The Blues are out. So far I'm 1/1.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 10:05 am

My Bracket Challenge entry isn't too far off.

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Bracket

Only Columbus failed me.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Looks as if Pitt will play Ottawa.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:09 am

I got 3 out of the 4 correct. Looking forward to the next round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions
Page 1 of 1