Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4

Go down 
+18
glassprison
Wargod
choosemetal
HeavyThrashhead
brokentulsa
candlemass
Glower
Witchfinder
LeatherRebel
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
MoonChild
nevermore
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 11:03 am

I've given it a few full spins now and yep, still badass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 2:23 pm

I am behind in my Accept collection, but will pick this up eventually
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've given it a few full spins now and yep, still badass.

Got this one a couple of days ago. I agree. Badass headbanger

Koolaid has got to be one of their most infectious tunes in years. Definitely one of my top 5 albums for 2017.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 pm

This one is still getting frequent spins from me. I think it may be their best since Blood Of The Nations.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Funny, I find Koolaid is a weak one in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Funny, I find Koolaid is a weak one in the mix.

I dig that one. Maybe cuz I've always had a morbid interest in that whole "Guyana Cult of the Damned" thing.

Tho if they wanted to be historically accurate, the Jim Jones cult didn't use Kool-Aid, they used Flavor-Aid, its cheaper, generic brand equivalent.

"Don't drink the Flavor-Aid" doesn't really flow as well as a lyric, though. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Does anyone know what Flavor-Aid is anymore?
Anyways, I like this but it doesn't have that stand out like Shadow Soldiers or Fall of the Empire imo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Does anyone know what Flavor-Aid is anymore?

Only if they buy their groceries at the cut-rate supermarket on the bad side of town. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 2:44 pm

I am sad to say that I find this album to be a disappointment. It's severely lacking in hooks and any memorable choruses. Unfortunately every release since Blood Of The Nations has been worse than the previous. They need to spend more time coming up with better songs like those on BOTN.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 3:13 pm

I've held up on getting this but will do so eventually.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 4:48 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I am sad to say that I find this album to be a disappointment.  It's severely lacking in hooks and any memorable choruses.  Unfortunately every release since Blood Of The Nations has been worse than the previous.  They need to spend more time coming up with better songs like those on BOTN.
 BOTN is their best from the Tornillo era. Not sure they can ever top it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 am

They don't have to top it but I agree, this one lacks hooks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 10:54 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I am sad to say that I find this album to be a disappointment.  It's severely lacking in hooks and any memorable choruses.  Unfortunately every release since Blood Of The Nations has been worse than the previous.  They need to spend more time coming up with better songs like those on BOTN.

I'm in agreement with you on this one. I was really on the fence about picking it up at all, but I got it cheap at Best Buy. It's not bad. It's Accept through and through. Just nothing much stands out that you haven't heard before.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I'm in agreement with you on this one. I was really on the fence about picking it up at all, but I got it cheap at Best Buy. It's not bad. It's Accept through and through. Just nothing much stands out that you haven't heard before.

I'm with you both. Tornillo's voice, for one, is getting more strained with each release, and here is no exception. The lyrics are getting rather stupid--last album we had a mad scientist and a metal tribute that used actual band and song names cheekily in the lyrics, now we have the rather goofy Analog Man--and the hooks are about what they've always been.

But here's my biggest problem with this album and Blind Rage--plodding songwriting devoid of energy. The barn-burners of BotN and Stalingrad were scarce on Blind Rage, and is only present on the rather derivative Carry the World here. The band is just sounding tired. I mean, I can't blame them; they're only getting older and have met a damn intense schedule over the past near-10-years.

A couple of tracks work, but for the most point it's the most lifeless album yet.

BTW let's not forget how solid Stalingrad was. It wasn't a full 100% on par with BotN, but most of the songs on there were damn solid.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 pm

I like the title track, but from the rest I've heard, I'm in no hurry to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 6:41 pm

I never really got around to listening to this one (until today) and I think it was due to the fact that many thought this was just an average album. I agree with the thoughts that there were not many memorable hooks on this one and the lyrics were sort of goofy in spots (Koolaid & Analog Man). I liked about half of the tunes, but much like "Blind Rage", it was a step back and disappointing compared to that of "Stalingrad" and "Blood of the Nations".
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 8:05 pm

We need a new Accept album!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 6:34 am

I still haven't picked up this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4   Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - "The Rise Of Chaos" out Aug. 4
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3