Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite WTF album

Go down 
+23
Lurideath
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
bgsully
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Thrasher73
MoonChild
James B.
Witchfinder
mc666
Fat Freddy
glassprison
nevermore
Wurthless
Mac & Cheese
Wrecked Neck
akeldama
manny
Boris2008
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What's your favourite album that was slammed by the fans?
Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Kreator - Endorama
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Megadeth - Risk
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
Crimson Glory - Strange & Beautiful
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Voivod - Angel Rat
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Sepultura - Roots
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
Helloween - Chameleon
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Other
Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Ive only heard a couple of these so I'm going with Roots. I don't own it, but I've heard it a few times and it sounded pretty tight.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 3:09 pm

I always tend to like the albums others hate (Priest Turbo, Scorpions Savage Amusement & Eye II Eye, Doro Machine II Machine, etc.) But in the ones above I went with risk...

The album I heard and pitched against the wall would be Motley Crue Generation Swine...
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 pm

If I had chosen "Other" I would have chosen Extreme-Waiting For The Punchline.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 am

Voivod's Angel Rat gets my vote. It was the first Voivod album I ever heard, so I didn't know any better. And it's still one of my go-to choices.

Risk still sucks balls. I've tried, but nope. Balls. Big, saggy balls.

Crimson Glory's another one that was the first album I'd heard from the band. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. At the time I didn't know any better, other than thinking "This is the band I've heard so much hype about?"

The rest of the choices I've never heard.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 pm

This album seems to heap more praise these days, but "Born Again" has only within the last decade plus garnered some positive attention. It's a top 5 Black Sabbath for myself. Even though the great Ian Gillan entered the picture, this union seemed strange back in the day, then you have what some people considered a horrible album cover and production which to some, was awful, I think this could fall into that WTF realm? I understand it wasn't a huge departure musically, but the thought of someone like Gillan in Sabbath was beyond bizarre!

Another album, which one could throw into that category and happened to come out the same year, Motorhead's "Another Perfect Day". That album was maligned big time. "Fast" Eddie Clark leaves and Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy enters. Once again, a weird musical marriage of sorts. Having said that, I love the unique sort of departure musically from anything prior and anything that would follow.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Roots for me - I first heard it when I was living in Hawaii and it has those good memories attached to it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 1:38 pm

I chose "Other" but my choice goes to Obituary "World Demise"

Still hate that album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Also Nuclear Assaults Something Wicked.

Excellent pick. That was a truly great album. Just as good as their others, only different.

Oh yeah! That album is awesome!

I love that album.  Good pick.

Glad I'm in good company!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:52 am

Other:

Testament - Souls of Black
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm

I own none of the albums listed in the poll!

So I vote other: The X-Factor. I love everything about it.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Lari wrote:
I own none of the albums listed in the poll!

So I vote other: The X-Factor. I love everything about it.

I support your vote, haha. That album is so unfairly maligned.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Flotsam And Jetsam-When The Storm Comes Down
Onslaught-In Search Of Sanity
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 am

I haven't listened to most of these albums, but I love Kreator's Endorama and can't imagine anything on that list being better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite WTF album   Your favourite WTF album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite WTF album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2