Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio hologram to possibly go on tour

Go down 
+13
glassprison
mc666
candlemass
Hadley
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Lari
MetalGuy71
Red Kitty
mikeinfla
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 8:47 pm

I am glad I got to see RJD a couple of times before he passed. I guess the hologram would be nice for those that didn't have the chance to see him.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 11:50 am

Lari wrote:
I agree with Hicks. They are portraying Dio doing what he certainly would like to be remembered doing. It is not disrespectful how they are presenting him.

As for the show, I equate it to seeing a movie. Instead of theater and live actors.

Are people somehow taking offense over someone else's behalf? Whose? Dio's family? Wendy has okay'd this.

In the end, for a music consumer and fan, it's just another option when going out to town. Let's see tonight's options: see a movie, a concert or Dio Disciples with the Dio hologram.... I actually see why some would choose the hologram show. I personally don't like movies, and you don't always get interesting live music options when you have a night out.

Is this taking something away from someone? I just don't see it.

Having said all that, I still wouldn't go see it, because I was lucky enough to see Dio live several times and I can probably find more interesting options. But there are definitely a lot of people out there who aren't as lucky as I was. And how about all the kids who were too young to see him? Ronnie's been dead for 7 years, that's a long time if you're a pre-teen. So many fans missed him. I think it's great for them.

Thank you. Exactly how I see it. I also think about my kid who's a fan of Dio. If he has the chance to experience the live setting, hell, I'll pay for tickets.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 2:02 pm

The Dio hologram tour is coming to Helsinki November 30th.

http://loudwire.com/ronnie-james-dio-hologram-first-world-tour-dates/

I might check it out if I have no other plans that night.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 2:08 pm

I still think it's a terrible idea. Some argue that it's a good way to see him if you've never seen him before. True in a way, but that's what dvds are for IMO. I never got to see jimi Hendrix before either, but I'd never want to see the day when he goes on tour again via hologram. I have dvds and YouTube whenever I want to see what I missed.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 2:29 pm

What's the difference between a DVD and a hologram?

It's essentially the same thing. Just presented differently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio hologram to possibly go on tour
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2