Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio hologram to possibly go on tour

Go down 
+13
glassprison
mc666
candlemass
Hadley
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Lari
MetalGuy71
Red Kitty
mikeinfla
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Empty
PostSubject: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 am

All I'll say is no thanks.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/February/06Video_Of_Ronnie_James_Dio_Holograms_US_Debut_Goes_Online.shtml
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 7:23 am

mikeinfla wrote:
All I'll say is no thanks.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/February/06Video_Of_Ronnie_James_Dio_Holograms_US_Debut_Goes_Online.shtml

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:45 am

I thought it was a very cool closing surprise for fans at last year's Waken festival, but taking it on tour seems a little cheesy. Especially if they are building a whole show around it. Seems like more of a Vegas thing to me.

If the Dio Disciples were touring and then they brought out digital Ronnie at the end for the finale, that would be kinda cool maybe.

I'm interested to see if this makes any money.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:11 pm

I don't see why not. If the option is to stay home and not do anything.

It's another option for a music consumer. Doesn't take anything away from anyone.

It's probably targeted more towards those who never got to see Ronnie live.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 pm

No thanks, I'll just cherish the memories I have of seeing the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Never saw the man alive. Wouldn't mind seeing him as a hologram, but only for a song or two...as for taking it on tour, i'd say to let the man rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Totally ridiculous and disrespectful. The man is gone and people are still trying to make money off him!

Now if his actual ghost did a concert, that would be a different story.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Dumbest thing I've heard of in a while.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:38 pm

I'd rather my kid went to see Holo-Dio than Killswitch Sevenfold.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 pm

How is this disrespectful or dumb. I mean, really, I'm missing something here. The internet went ablaze with people saying this.

It's nothing more than a form of media. I don't see the difference between watching a live DVD of a past performance and a hologram. That's really all this is. Different angles of different shows, FILMED and PROJECTED. And whether it's for tribute or a cash cow or both, so is the next Blu Ray of unreleased footage, or coffee table book, or microphone line, whatever.

My only issue is the touring aspect, that's just weird. A resident period, like in Vegas, would be kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Only if it's a neon hologram wearing a knight's outfit.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:23 am

Ray Manzerek is rolling over in his grave, at the $$$ he could've made! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 1:35 am

If I want to relive Dio & his music, I'll do it with a cd, a pair of head phones, a doobie, & a beer.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 am

The best part is, now they can double and triple book Dio. He can do 50 shows a week!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 4:45 am

While I am a fan of the music, there is no chance that I would go to this even if it were free.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:11 am

KISS is probably creating 3D-models of themselves, so they can tour forever.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Worst idea ever
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 8:07 am

I am huge Dio fan but his solo career at the point before rejoining Black Sabbath and his passing, was healthy, but not exactly touring arenas and stadium at that point.

He had like I said a healthy career, albums sold respectably. Doubt with what I imagine what it costs to do this, that tour would make them enough money to break even.

The idea of a hologram of Dio touring, is to me distasteful. I miss the man also, but I have his music I can still listen to him.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 pm

manny wrote:
I am huge Dio fan but his solo career at the point before rejoining Black Sabbath and his passing, was healthy, but not exactly touring arenas and stadium at that point.

He had like I said a healthy career, albums sold respectably. Doubt with what I imagine what it costs to do this, that tour would make them enough money to break even.

The idea of a hologram of Dio touring, is to me distasteful. I miss the man also, but I have his music I can still listen to him.

But why distasteful? As I said earlier:

Quote :

It's nothing more than a form of media. I don't see the difference between watching a live DVD of a past performance and a hologram. That's really all this is. Different angles of different shows, FILMED and PROJECTED. And whether it's for tribute or a cash cow or both, so is the next Blu Ray of unreleased footage, or coffee table book, or microphone line, coffee, whatever.

I asked this same question in a previous thread about the holo Dio and if memory serves me right no one answered. On Facebook when it was announced I jumped in and countered all the objections, but again, crickets. All I'm wanting to do is understand how this is so disrespectful. I see people saying it is but not backing it up with the "why."
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 4:01 pm

I agree with Hicks. They are portraying Dio doing what he certainly would like to be remembered doing. It is not disrespectful how they are presenting him.

As for the show, I equate it to seeing a movie. Instead of theater and live actors.

Are people somehow taking offense over someone else's behalf? Whose? Dio's family? Wendy has okay'd this.

In the end, for a music consumer and fan, it's just another option when going out to town. Let's see tonight's options: see a movie, a concert or Dio Disciples with the Dio hologram.... I actually see why some would choose the hologram show. I personally don't like movies, and you don't always get interesting live music options when you have a night out.

Is this taking something away from someone? I just don't see it.

Having said all that, I still wouldn't go see it, because I was lucky enough to see Dio live several times and I can probably find more interesting options. But there are definitely a lot of people out there who aren't as lucky as I was. And how about all the kids who were too young to see him? Ronnie's been dead for 7 years, that's a long time if you're a pre-teen. So many fans missed him. I think it's great for them.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm not offended, I'm just not interested. It's nothing more than a Dio movie basically. I'll bet they won't charge movie theater prices for viewing it though.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:42 pm

I think they should just let him RIP. and i agree with Lari - dont give Kiss anymore ideas!

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:44 pm

I hope it flops so more of this doesn't start happening. What's next, New Motorhead tour?maybe they can open for the Dio hologram next year. Then Lemmy and Dio can sing a duet. I'd be more interested in a Ronnie James Dio documentary shown on the big screen than this. Far as I know there isn't any out there on him, which is a crime considering all the monumental music he has been a part of.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
and i agree with Lari - dont give Kiss anymore ideas!
Yeah no shit! Did you see the new air guitar strings they are endorsing? They are actually selling air guitar strings, which equates to an empty bag with the Kiss logo on it.

http://geekologie.com/2017/02/kiss-is-selling-officially-licensed-air.php

Only four bucks, get yours now!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 7:39 pm

That's amazing!

And of course they sell well - they are officially licensed, with the KISS logo and all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio hologram to possibly go on tour   Dio hologram to possibly go on tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio hologram to possibly go on tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next