Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 pm

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" (2017)

Marvel Comics' wise-ass space pilot Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, learns his alien origins when he meets his long lost father, Ego (Kurt Russell) -- a god-like cosmic being with his own planet. At first the father/son reunion seems to be going well, but eventually Daddy-O reveals his true nefarious purpose and the rest of the Guardians have to come to the rescue. Much blasting, zapping and stuff blowing up ensues.
A fast, funny, action packed sci-fi adventure that's just as much fun as the first "Guardians" film. Two Rocket Raccoon paws up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 pm

"Krampus" (2015)

When a young boy loses faith in Christmas, his bickering family's dysfunctional holiday is crashed by the Yuletide demon of German folklore.
Director Michael Dougherty's festive horror comedy isn't quite on par with his cult Halloween classic "Trick r' Treat," but it's got cool effects and a mean streak a mile wide, making it a nice antidote to all the shiny-happy holiday movies that take over at this time of year.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 pm

headbanger

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:44 pm

See Krampus last year and it actually beat out Gremlins for my #1 horror-xmas flick. Looking forward to catching it again this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 2:45 pm

The Mummy's Curse (1944)

The last of Universal's original mummy movies with Lon Chaney Jr. playing the titular character. Standard mummy movie fare with the resurrected mummy, led by an evil Egyptian priest, in search of his reincarnated princess. Not too bad, but I've seen much better, especially in the earlier pictures in the series.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:25 pm

The Simpsons

You know your company's made it when it's spoofed on The Simpsons.  "Rent-a-prise Dent-A-Car"

Laughing very hard

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 am

Ripped through 'American Vandal' on Netflix over the weekend. Great satire/black comedy/mockumentary. NSFW-ish trailer...

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 pm

I got my dig on with Daredevil (both seasons)
I barely made it through 1/2 of the Jessica Jones & Iron Fist series
Didn't bother with Luke Cage and was reluctant to even try Defenders.
I did make it through all 8 episodes of that, but...
Just started watching Punisher, being that it was kewl seeing him on Daredevil.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 pm

The Walking Dead mid season finale
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:43 pm

The annual Toho tradition:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:11 am

The Mist(2007)-After a violent thunderstorm, a strange mist takes over a small town, trapping several customers in a local supermarket. Within the mist lurks strange creatures that kill and prevent anyone who tries to leave the store. All the while a religious women claims that mist and the creatures are a punishment from God and that this is Judgement Day, turning some of the people trapped in the store against one another. I enjoyed this film based on a Stephen King story, especially considering that many movies based off King's writings aren't very good. This is one of the few exceptions. I give it 3.5 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 am

The Goldbergs
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm

The Goldbergs
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm

"Billy"

An MLB Network documentary on Billy Martin.  This is fascinating if you remember those years when George Steinbrenner would hire and fire Martin on a regular basis.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Temple

A Japanese/American Horror film.

I won't go into too many details so as not to spoil it. It's a great story, with great cinematogrophy, great setting, good pace and...terrible acting.

That said, the lead actress, Natalia Warner, has a special face. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 8:55 am

The Last Jedi

Yes, yes fuckety yes!!!!! headbanger

At last a movie worthy of the name. Not perfect by any means but after one viewing I think it's the best since Empire. I would still like to see more of the characters and story but it is a big step forward on both counts.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 10:19 am

Boris2008 wrote:
The Last Jedi

Yes, yes fuckety yes!!!!!  headbanger

At last a movie worthy of the name. Not perfect by any means but after one viewing I think it's the best since Empire. I would still like to see more of the characters and story but it is a big step forward on both counts.

I haven't seen it yet but have been hearing great things about it. I'll be checking it out the week after Christmas when I'm off from work.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 10:33 am

Caught up on Agents Of SHIELD then watched the Exorcist season finale.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 10:35 am

Rewatched the Fall finale of Gotham.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am

I have been severely slackin' on the movie watching lately. Usually by this point in the holiday season I've sat through a bunch of trashy Christmas classics but the only one I've had time for is "Krampus" last weekend.

The fam and I adopted a new dog two Saturdays ago, so between getting him settled and trying to get the house ready for Christmas (and keeping New Pooch from un-doing/destroying everything we do) I'm too damn exhausted to watch any movies in the evenings!!

I wanna at least re-visit "A Christmas Horror Story" before the big day arrives, and there's also a recent Santa slasher on one of the streaming services (I forget if it's Amazon or Netflix) called "All Through the House" that I wanna check out too.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 11:15 am

I really like "A Christmas Horror Story" even though the ghost story is pretty weak; the other three stories are good to great and of course William Shatner gluing the whole thing together while getting sloshed is a hoot.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 pm

The Last Jedi

Total trash. Avoid.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Live PD
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 am

Boris2008 wrote:
The Last Jedi

Yes, yes fuckety yes!!!!!  headbanger

Saw it today, but have really mixed feelings. It had some really good parts, but also some really lame ones. I can deal with lame parts in Start Wars, because most of them have some lameness to them, but when it's a huge plotline that's lame, then it's hard to excuse. Overall I'd give it about a 6, maybe 7 out of 10 at best. JJ is back for part 9, hopefully he will end it on a high note.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 am

Yay! I finally made some time to watch some more Christmas Crap! Very Happy

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!" (1989)

A blind girl with psychic powers accidentally "connects" with the comatose "Ricky" (aka the Santa Claus killer from "SNDN 2"), who wakes up and follows her to Granny's house to crash her family's Christmas celebration. You can probably figure out the rest. This dreadfully slow paced and poorly acted direct-to-video slasher schlock may be the worst entry in the entire "Silent Night, Deadly Night" series, which is really saying a lot, esp. if you've seen "2." Very Happy

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation" (1990)

While investigating a woman's mysterious fiery death, an L.A. magazine reporter is drawn into a coven of witches who want her to become their newest member. Eventually she learns that for the final step to get her into the club, she has to perform a human sacrifice on Christmas Eve. Yikes!
This unrelated-to-the-previous-films DTV sequel wasn't great by any means, but it was certainly better than the last installment, thanks to the bizarre body-horror moments ala Cronenberg, the cool/icky bug/creature effects, and the performances from some familiar faces incl. Maud "Octopu$$y" Adams and the always dependable Clint Howard.
I've read reviews that call this flick the "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" of the "SNDN" series, and I can agree with that.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 39 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next