Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 3:37 pm

A Christmas Horror Story -

Pretty good anthology weaving four different stories together.

The Office -

Watching each of the Christmas episodes. Still have Dwight Christmas to go.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 3:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like where Dave Thomas is eulogizing the dead strippers.  Each name gets progressively more ridiculously dirty and he keeps looking up to see if anyone in the congregation is reacting.  

"Tess Tickler"  *looks up sheepishly*  "Dixie Rect"  *looks up even more sheepishly*

That cracks me up every time.  

I caught a similar gag last night that I'd missed the last time I saw the movie. When the kid is in the police station, the name plate on the cop's desk says "Dick Zucker" Laughing very hard

scottmitchell74 wrote:
A Christmas Horror Story -

Pretty good anthology weaving four different stories together.

Ya can't go wrong with a Krampus, zombie elves, and Shatner in an ugly Xmas sweater.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:37 pm

I caught stuff like that each of the first 9 or 10 times I saw the flick. There are a lot of subtle gags buried among the not so subtle ones.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Nightmare Before Christmas

Not my first time seeing this flick but the first time in a while.  I totally dig it but Tim Burton is definitely one weird dude.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 pm

A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 am

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker" (1991)

A child and his mother are targeted by a manufacturer of lethal playthings in this bizarro Yuletide mash up of "Pinocchio" and "Puppet Master."  The "Silent Night, Deadly Night" franchise limped to a (merciful) end with this fifth direct-to-video installment, which may actually be the best-made one of the lot.
Interestingly enough, the mysterious "Toy Maker" of the title is played by slumming Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney, who'd been one of the most vocal critics of the original "SN, DN" film. Way to stick by your principles there, Mick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 9:34 am

I forgot that part about Rooney being such a critic of the original then starring in the final one.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:37 am

tohostudios wrote:
I forgot that part about Rooney being such a critic of the original then starring in the final one.  

Rooney was reportedly dead broke and a drunk at that stage of his life so he must've said "F*** it, a gig is a gig." Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Rooney was reportedly dead broke and a drunk at that stage of his life so he must've said "F*** it, a gig is a gig." Very Happy

In other words the character he played in the film was pretty much his real life.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:

In other words the character he played in the film was pretty much his real life.

Yea, not much "acting" required.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 3:43 pm

"The Hebrew Hammer" (2003)

Adam Goldberg is Mordechai Jefferson Carver, aka "The Hebrew Hammer" - a pimped-out, bad-ass Orthodox protector of all things Jewish, who's called into action when Santa's evil son (Andy Dick at his coked-out best) takes over operations at the North Pole and plans to wipe Hanukkah off the calendar. 

This very funny holiday themed blaxploitation/action parody ala "Undercover Brother" or the "Austin Powers" flicks skewers pretty much every ethnic and racial stereotype you can think of.  

I guarantee, this is the only movie you'll ever see where the hero walks into a bar full of Nazi skinheads, pulls out two giant guns and says "SHABBAT SHALOM, MOTHERF***ERS!"

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Star Wars - The Last Jedi
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Hey Arnold! Season 1
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 11:37 am

The X-Files season 6, episodes 2 & 3
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Jackass

I Love Lucy
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Just saw a new short series called Jean-Claude Van Johnson. It's an Amazon exclusive show staring Jean-Claude Van Damme.

"Stars global martial arts & actor Jean-Claude Van Damme playing "Jean-Claude Van Damme", a global martial arts & film sensation, also operating under the simple alias of "Johnson" as the world's best undercover private contractor. Retired for years, a chance encounter with a lost love brings him back to the game. This time, he'll be deadlier than ever. Probably."

Actually really good so far, but I've only seen two out of six episodes. Any fan of his from his movies will love this show, and anyone not familiar with his movies will probably still be entertained.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Finally watched 'Star Wars; The Last Jedi', not sure why all the hate but I liked it, certainly better than 'The Phantom Menace', granted that is faint praise.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:11 am

X Files season 6, episodes 4 through 6
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:52 am

X Files season 6, episodes 7 and 8
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

It's also been theorized that he was not told it would be a proper sequel to SNDN, or it started out under a different title before being rebranded as an "in name only" sequel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 5:53 pm

That would make sense because SNDN 5 really has not a single thing to do with the original other than it happens at Christmas. It's like labeling "Die Hard" as "Silent Night Deadly Night 6"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 6:59 pm

The Last Jedi

Not sure what the naysayers are talking about, I loved it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Welcome Back Kotter
Jeopardy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:31 am

Deadly Reactor (1989).

This seems like something Fat Freddy would like to seek out.

The movie starts with David Heavener narrating on how no one thought that there could have been a nuclear holocaust, but there was.

Yet nearly all the buildings seem to be fine, they've just lost the doors (well, most did, anyways). So doors on houses can't survive nuclear holocausts, but the houses can survive them just fine. Yeah.

David Heavener and his love interest to be only exchange one line of dialogue before making love with each other. One! One line, and it's love. (Possibly there were scenes that were cut, but somehow I doubt it.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 41 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next