Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Quote :
OK I went back and watched the post-credits scene.  Is that setting the stage for the often-rumored remake of "D.A.M."?

Maybe down the road but for now, at least, it's teasing the "Kong vs Godzilla" flick that's slated for 2019 or '20.

Apparently Universal and Toho are setting up a whole interlocking "shared cinematic universe" ala Marvel/DC Comics

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 5:54 pm

The "cave drawings" of Mothra and King Ghidorah made me think it was DAM.  But either way I'm looking forward to whatever they release next.  I really liked Legendary's Godzilla movie and this Kong movie was good too (despite Samuel L Jackson Laughing )

I'm just happy Toho is finally releasing their stranglehold on all the Godzilla Universe characters.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 8:34 am

"Tales of Halloween" (2015)

This fun anthology film ala "Creepshow" or "Trick r' Treat" features ten fast, funny, tongue-in-cheek horror stories that all take place in the same small town on Halloween night. Segments include a jack o'lantern with an appetite, a Leatherface-style murderer who meets his match, and a Halloween night kidnapping scheme that goes horribly wrong.
Not every story is a home run but there was more than enough good, gory fun here to keep me entertained.
Sharp eyed horror nerds will get an extra kick from spotting B-movie royalty like Adrienne ("The Fog") Barbeau, Barry "Rocky Horror" Bostwick, Barbara "Re-Animator" Crampton and directors John Landis and Joe Dante throughout the film. A pleasant surprise. Thumbs up!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Tales of Halloween" (2015)

This fun anthology film ala "Creepshow" or "Trick r' Treat" features ten fast, funny, tongue-in-cheek horror stories that all take place in the same small town on Halloween night. Segments include a jack o'lantern with an appetite, a Leatherface-style murderer who meets his match, and a Halloween night kidnapping scheme that goes horribly wrong.
Not every story is a home run but there was more than enough good, gory fun here to keep me entertained.
Sharp eyed horror nerds will get an extra kick from spotting B-movie royalty like Adrienne ("The Fog") Barbeau, Barry "Rocky Horror" Bostwick, Barbara "Re-Animator" Crampton and directors John Landis and Joe Dante throughout the film. A pleasant surprise. Thumbs up!

Checking this out tonight. I've been told the weakest entry is the one with the neighbors competing with their decorations; true?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Checking this out tonight. I've been told the weakest entry is the one with the neighbors competing with their decorations; true?

I thought that one was pretty funny. For my money the worst bit was one involving a witch and her hen pecked husband in a "Hansel" outfit. That one went pretty much nowhere.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 2:00 pm

That movie is unbelievably expensive. Just to rent it on Amazon is 7.99 (!)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 2:36 pm

It's on Netflix if you have that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 3:08 pm

007 wrote:
It's on Netflix if you have that.

Yep, that's where I watched it.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 6:03 pm

"The Last Showing" (2014)

Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund stars in this low-budget British thriller set in a multiplex. He's a crazed projectionist who traps a young couple inside the theater overnight and makes them unwilling "stars" in his own personal horror film. Not a classic, but not bad for an obscure cheapie.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 pm

American Horror Story:Cult
The Exorcist episodes 1&2
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Now that I've finished the first 3 seasons of Gotham I've decided to rewatch the entire Stargate SG1 series during my daily elliptical workouts. Started the pilot episode today.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 3:31 pm

"Truck Turner" (1974)

Soul legend Isaac Hayes is Mac "Truck" Turner, the most bad-ass skip tracer and bounty hunter in L.A. When he kills the city's most powerful pimp during a shootout, the dude's grieving girlfriend and business partner (Nichelle "Lt. Uhura" Nichols!) puts a price on Truck's head, and soon every bad mo-fo in the city is gunning for him.
This blaxploitation classic is tons of sleazy, action packed fun. Groove on the outrageous fashions, the hair, the slang, and especially the funk-tastic soundtrack. Pure '70s gold.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Schlock-Tober continues...

"The Burning" (1981)

A gang of summer campers plays a fiery prank on "Cropsey," the cranky ol' caretaker -- which goes horribly wrong and burns the poor bastard alive. Five years later, a mysterious figure who wields a mean pair o' garden shears starts picking off a new crew of camp counselors.
This is very familiar territory, of course (see: any random "Friday the 13th," "Madman," "Sleepaway Camp," etc.) but "The Burning" was a cut (sorry) above most of its summer-camp splatter competition, due to the truly nasty gore effects from carnage wizard Tom Savini.
Watch for a young Jason Alexander of future "Seinfeld" fame (with hair!) as one of the potential victims. (Fisher Stevens from "Short Circuit" also makes an appearance and a young Holly Hunter is supposedly in here somewhere as one of the campers, but I couldn't pick her out.)

Extra useless trivia: this film was the very first production from Harvey Weinstein's now-famous Miramax studio. Of course, ol' Harvey has been all over the news this past week due to supposed improper conduct towards the women who work for him... Laughing very hard

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:46 pm

I actually saw The Burning in a movie theater when it came out.  I remember it being pretty good because as you said, the FX were good.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I actually saw The Burning in a movie theater when it came out.  I remember it being pretty good because as you said, the FX were good.

I had never seen the whole thing till today, just bits & pieces. The whole time I was like "Why did I take so long to finally see this? It's badass!" Haha.

...although I'm told that it didn't do very well during its original release, cuz it was so similar to Friday the 13th part II, which was released the same year (and F13 was already a "brand" so obviously people flocked to it)... even tho I'd say "Burning" is arguably the better movie.

IMDb sez Tom Savini turned down "F13 Part II" to do the effects for "Burning." The whole movie just has a nicer "look" than the early F13's.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I thought that one was pretty funny. For my money the worst bit was one involving a witch and her hen pecked husband in a "Hansel" outfit. That one went pretty much nowhere.

Saw it, tons of fun! Not as good as Trick 'r Treat or Chillerama, kind of weird at times (seems like there may have been a bit of a rush to get these done), but put a smile on my face. Absolutely agree about the Hansel segment, that was lame. My favorite was the slasher v alien-deadite, that was a hoot. But what was up with the segment with the girl and the "eyes" ghost? Talk about a basic setup-and-delivery. Almost functioned like a deleted scene from a full-length movie.

I also got a kick out of the end credits: "No animals were harmed in making this movie, but we sure killed a lot of pumpkins." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 4:53 pm

"Hush" (2016)

A deaf/mute woman who lives alone in an isolated cabin has to fight off a murderous and very determined home invader, but if he thinks she's going to go down easy, he picked the wrong house. This taut little suspense/horror/thriller is kinda like a 21st century update/twist on the '60s Audrey Hepburn flick "Wait Until Dark." Cool stuff, sucked me in right from the get-go. Definitely worth a look.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Hush" (2016)

A deaf/mute woman who lives alone in an isolated cabin has to fight off a murderous and very determined home invader, but if he thinks she's going to go down easy, he picked the wrong house. This taut little suspense/horror/thriller is kinda like a 21st century update/twist on the '60s Audrey Hepburn flick "Wait Until Dark." Cool stuff, sucked me in right from the get-go. Definitely worth a look.

I caught this on Netflix awhile ago and thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Hogans Heroes - Season 1 - Pilot
The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Since Tales of Halloween put me in an anthology mood I decided to finally check out ABC's of Death. A fair share more misses than hits, wanders away from horror territory too frequently, not scary at all, and the Japanese segments are sheer WTF territory (F is for Fart my god in heaven)--but I enjoyed it regardless. S is for Stamina gets the award for most f*cked up, T is for Toilet gets second place, but my absolute favorite is Y is for Youngblood, which is equally f*cked up.

Seriously, those Jap segments were ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:33 am

The Simpsons
Ghosted
Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 am

"Gerald's Game" (2017)

Looking to re-ignite the spark in their love life, a married couple heads off to a secluded beach house for some private sexy time, which includes handcuffing Wifey to the bed. Unfortunately Hubby then drops dead of a sudden heart attack, leaving her trapped and alone. Soon she learns that in order to escape her current situation, she'll have to overcome some demons from her past as well.
A tight, disturbing, well done psychological thriller based on Stephen King's novel. Kudos to Carla Gugino's performance as the trapped wife, since she plays a good chunk of this movie as a one-woman show.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am

Last night, I watched the new episode of Family Guy on TV.

I also rewatched Blade Runner, as I am seeing the sequel with my father tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 am

corplhicks wrote:
Since Tales of Halloween put me in an anthology mood I decided to finally check out ABC's of Death. A fair share more misses than hits, wanders away from horror territory too frequently, not scary at all, and the Japanese segments are sheer WTF territory (F is for Fart my god in heaven)--but I enjoyed it regardless. S is for Stamina gets the award for most f*cked up, T is for Toilet gets second place, but my absolute favorite is Y is for Youngblood, which is equally f*cked up.

I still haven't seen ABC's of Death. Is it on Netflix? Sounds like my kind of meat.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 11:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I still haven't seen ABC's of Death. Is it on Netflix? Sounds like my kind of meat.

It is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 32 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next