Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Since Tales of Halloween put me in an anthology mood I decided to finally check out ABC's of Death. A fair share more misses than hits, wanders away from horror territory too frequently, not scary at all, and the Japanese segments are sheer WTF territory (F is for Fart my god in heaven)--but I enjoyed it regardless. S is for Stamina gets the award for most f*cked up, T is for Toilet gets second place, but my absolute favorite is Y is for Youngblood, which is equally f*cked up.

Seriously, those Jap segments were ridiculous.

I still haven't seen ABC's of Death. Is it on Netflix? Sounds like my kind of meat.

Talk about hit or miss. The good thing is that when one of the stories is bad you only have to wait about 5 minutes before it's over. Overall I thought the second one was more consistent but I thought the first ABCs of Death had higher highs. Of course it also had lower lows.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 2:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Since Tales of Halloween put me in an anthology mood I decided to finally check out ABC's of Death. A fair share more misses than hits, wanders away from horror territory too frequently, not scary at all, and the Japanese segments are sheer WTF territory (F is for Fart my god in heaven)--but I enjoyed it regardless. S is for Stamina gets the award for most f*cked up, T is for Toilet gets second place, but my absolute favorite is Y is for Youngblood, which is equally f*cked up.

I still haven't seen ABC's of Death. Is it on Netflix? Sounds like my kind of meat.

Talk about hit or miss.  The good thing is that when one of the stories is bad you only have to wait about 5 minutes before it's over.  Overall I thought the second one was more consistent but I thought the first ABCs of Death had higher highs.  Of course it also had lower lows.

This. Although I've yet to see the second one. The highs are pretty cool--D is for Dogfight, L is for Libido (not S is for Stanima, I f*cked up the title haha), V is for Vigitus, and the Xavier Gens entry (forgot the letter) are all stellar and unique. The lows are just stuuuupid--W is for WTF, Q is for Quack, and the absolute weakest, G is for Gravity--I mean, what the hell? A first person view of a dude falling off a surf board and drowning? How is that horror??
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 6:21 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Talk about hit or miss.  The good thing is that when one of the stories is bad you only have to wait about 5 minutes before it's over.  Overall I thought the second one was more consistent but I thought the first ABCs of Death had higher highs.  Of course it also had lower lows.

This. Although I've yet to see the second one. The highs are pretty cool--D is for Dogfight, L is for Libido (not S is for Stanima, I f*cked up the title haha), V is for Vigitus, and the Xavier Gens entry (forgot the letter) are all stellar and unique. The lows are just stuuuupid--W is for WTF, Q is for Quack, and the absolute weakest, G is for Gravity--I mean, what the hell? A first person view of a dude falling off a surf board and drowning? How is that horror??

I think D is For Dogfight is great.  The worst is easily F is for Fart.  Those Japanese are just messed up when it comes to extreme cinema.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 12:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Checking this out tonight. I've been told the weakest entry is the one with the neighbors competing with their decorations; true?

I thought that one was pretty funny. For my money the worst bit was one involving a witch and her hen pecked husband in a "Hansel" outfit. That one went pretty much nowhere.

Saw it, tons of fun! Not as good as Trick 'r Treat or Chillerama, kind of weird at times (seems like there may have been a bit of a rush to get these done), but put a smile on my face. Absolutely agree about the Hansel segment, that was lame. My favorite was the slasher v alien-deadite, that was a hoot. But what was up with the segment with the girl and the "eyes" ghost? Talk about a basic setup-and-delivery. Almost functioned like a deleted scene from a full-length movie.

I also got a kick out of the end credits: "No animals were harmed in making this movie, but we sure killed a lot of pumpkins." Laughing

When I came home from work last night, my sons (10 and 14) were watching "Tales of Halloween" on Netflix. I sez to my wife, "Are you sure this isn't too gross for the little guy?" and she sez "Are you kidding me? He's been laughing his ass off the whole movie."  Their favorite segment was the Leatherface dude vs. the little alien. "Twick or Tweet!" Laughing very hard

...  we're either the worst parents ever, or the coolest. I haven't figured out which yet. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 9:42 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 MV5BNzA1Njg4NzYxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk5NjU3MzI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 am

Maggie (2015)

In the aftermath of a zombie outbreak, society tries to function as normal as possible. Arnold Schwarzenneger stars as a rural farmer who rescues his bitten daughter (Abigail Breslin) from an over run city and brings her back to the farm as she slowly succumbs to the bite. More drama than horror, I can't fully recommend this slow moving movie. It's not terrible but it does give an interesting take on the zombie trope.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 pm

"Jaws 2" (1978)

Police Chief Brody has another shark problem - and this time the toothy sucker has its sights set on a group of local teenagers out for a day of sailing.
"Jaws 2" doesn't come anywhere close to matching the suspense or craftsmanship of its predecessor, of course, but it's an enjoyable enough creature feature in its own right. Lord knows it's way better than either of the "Jaws" sequels that were released after it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am

Kevin Probably Saves The World
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Supernatural season premiere
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 11:23 am

First off, the Evil Dead remake (uncut) is a badass movie. See it, and smile.

Second, been going through all the Jason movies. About one eyeball clawed out so far. Seriously, though, it's been more fun than I thought, especially with friends for certain entries, but apart from VI, I haven't found much to write home about. Still need to see V, Manhattan (my favorite growing up), Hell, X (seen it a couple times already), and the remake. Pray for me that I won't die from boredom.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 am

"Halloween III: Season of the Witch" (1982)

A small town doctor (Tom "Escape From New York" Atkins) gets caught up in a plot to commit high tech human sacrifice on Halloween night, using specially programmed masks and a devious TV signal.
...this totally entertaining, yet completely batsh*t mix of '50s paranoid sci-fi and splashy '80s gore tried its best to send the "Halloween" franchise off into a new, Michael Myers-free direction but failed spectacularly at the box office...which is a shame, because it's still a fun watch today. "III" is just about the only "Halloween" movie I'm not completely sick of.
Added bonus, my 10 year old watched it with me and he loved it!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 2:02 pm

"Three more days til Halloween....Silver Shamrock..."

Quote :
yet completely batsh*t mix

Why do you say that? You think a movie with murdering robots, Stonehenge and insects and snakes exploding from heads is abnormal?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:
First off, the Evil Dead remake (uncut) is a badass movie. See it, and smile.

Yeah that was a really good remake. Think I need to revisit it this Halloween, or sooner. Not sure if I have the uncut version though. Defiantly need to look into that.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 3:09 pm

The Exorcist episode 3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 7:16 pm

"Cult of Chucky" (2017)

In the seventh (!) "Child's Play" installment,  wheelchair-bound Nica (sole survivor of the previous chapter) is locked up in a mental hospital. Therapy has convinced her that "Chucky" was just a figment of her imagination and that she was responsible for all of the carnage in the prior film. Of course, things get complicated when the real Chucky shows up in the flesh - err, plastic -- and starts carving up her fellow patients.
Part old school slasher flick, part psycho-thriller, and all big dumb gory fun, this actually makes the second badass "Chucky" movie in a row. Who'da thunk it? Not bad for a franchise that I wrote off twenty plus years ago.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 8:43 pm

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 9:55 pm

I watched the new Family Guy episode tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Last Man On Earth

This show gets weirder with each episode.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 4:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Last Man On Earth

This show gets weirder with each episode.

Yeah I just got caught up last week. It's so awesome how they'll have this major guest star on the show only to have him or her knocked off in mere seconds lol.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Fear The Walking Dead season finale
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 am

American Horror Story:Cult
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

last new movie i saw was Wonder Woman (loved it!)

Last TV show I watched was last night's Supergirl (awesome)

Last Show I binged watched was Parks & Rec. (Loved it!)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 10:55 am

Mike Judge Presents Tales from the Tour Bus

Good stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 am

The Funhouse (1981)

Tobe Hooper directed film about 4 teens spending the night in a carnival's dark ride-The Funhouse, witnessing a murder, then being stalked by a deformed killer. This film has a nice slow build up but once it gets rolling, it's a good watch. I saw it years ago and still find it enjoyable.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 am

"The Babysitter" (2017)

12 year old Cole doesn't think his parents need to hire a babysitter for him... till his leggy, blonde teenage dream girl from down the street shows up at the door. Unfortunately, in addition to her awesome babysitting skills "Bee" also happens to be a member of a Satanic cult who needs Cole's "blood of an innocent" to complete a ritual. Hilarity ensues.
This bizarre blend of horror comedy and coming of age story (yes, seriously) has a lot of laughs, but it doesn't skimp on the gore, either. A pleasant surprise.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 33 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next