Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Finished The Handmaid's Tale tonight. Powerful stuff.

Yes it was very very good.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 6:37 am

American Horror Story:Cult

Channel Zero:The No End House
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 11:50 am

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Finished The Handmaid's Tale tonight. Powerful stuff.

Yes it was very very good.

I say F*ck all that Young Adult dystopia shit; this is more like it!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 11:34 am

Was challenged by a bunch of nerd friends to revisit The Fifth Element since I mentioned it was rather awful. Went in with an open mind (last saw it when it came out), and made it halfway through. It's a truly awful title and I just don't understand all the geekdom over it. And that's coming from a geek. I may try to finish it tonight to be fair. Maybe it'll pick back up, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Marvel's The Inhumans
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm

"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" (2016)

Second viewing of the prequel detailing the Rebellion's mission to steal the plans to the original Death Star.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 7:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Second viewing of the prequel detailing the Rebellion's mission to steal the plans to the original Death Star.

Really? I could barely watch that turd once!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 8:22 am

^^ (shrugs) I loved it (both times)...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Kong Skull Island

This was decent enough; the FX are good but it needed more monsters and less Samuel L. Jackson (I can't stand him).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah I thought it was a great film. Fanboy alert!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Kong Skull Island

This was decent enough; the FX are good but it needed more monsters and less Samuel L. Jackson (I can't stand him).

Did you catch the post-credits bonus scene?

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Scrubs
That 70's Show
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kong Skull Island

No, I forgot. It was getting pretty late when the credits rolled. I'll have to go back and check it out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 6:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kong Skull Island

No, I forgot.  It was getting pretty late when the credits rolled.  I'll have to go back and check it out.

You should enjoy that part.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:31 am

corplhicks wrote:
Was challenged by a bunch of nerd friends to revisit The Fifth Element since I mentioned it was rather awful. Went in with an open mind (last saw it when it came out), and made it halfway through. It's a truly awful title and I just don't understand all the geekdom over it. And that's coming from a geek. I may try to finish it tonight to be fair. Maybe it'll pick back up, I dunno.

I love the aesthetics of Luc Besson films and in that respect The Fifth Element is amazing but I'll give you that the script is poor and the acting laughable at times. I still love it though!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:55 am

Bob's Burgers
The Simpsons
Ghosted
Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 am

"Spectre" (2015)

007 finally learns the source of all the trouble in his professional and personal lives - a shadowy terror organization called SPECTRE - in Daniel Craig's 4th turn as James Bond. This was my 2nd viewing of "Spectre" and I think this one is my least fave of the Craig era. Visually it's a flashy treat as always, but it runs WAY too damn long and not nearly as good as the preceding "Skyfall."  

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:06 am

007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah I thought it was a great film. Fanboy alert!

Me too. I watched it for the 3rd time last Saturday and liked it just as much as the first 2 times. Looking forward to the next 30 or so Star Wars films coming down the pike too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 pm

"Godzilla: Final Wars" (2004)

An alien race known as the "Xillians" has invaded Earth and assumed control of all of its giant monsters ... except The Big G, of course. While Godzilla battles his way through his rogues' gallery of past enemies on the ground, a team of elite "Earth Defense Force" agents take on the aliens in the sky.
This 50th anniversary Godzilla flick is ridiculously overstuffed (there's enough characters and plot for about twelve movies) and it features a variety of flashy special FX (incl. the classic guy-in-rubber-suit stuff, some CGI, fancy 360-degree slo-mo ala "The Matrix," etc.) and tons of action. It barely makes a lick of sense but boy is it fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Godzilla: Final Wars" (2004)

An alien race known as the "Xillians" has invaded Earth and assumed control of all of its giant monsters ... except The Big G, of course. While Godzilla battles his way through his rogues' gallery of past enemies on the ground, a team of elite "Earth Defense Force" agents take on the aliens in the sky.
This 50th anniversary Godzilla flick is ridiculously overstuffed (there's enough characters and plot for about twelve movies) and it features a variety of flashy special FX (incl. the classic guy-in-rubber-suit stuff, some CGI, fancy 360-degree slo-mo ala "The Matrix," etc.) and tons of action. It barely makes a lick of sense but boy is it fun to watch.

Those couple of paragraphs nail this movie to a "T".

My favorite 5 seconds or so of the movie is when the Xillians "unleash" the American Godzilla who promptly gets clobbered by the Real G and the leader of the aliens says something like "I knew that monster was useless."

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Finishing up the final episode of Gotham - Season 3. I had hoped to get there before Season 4 started but I got close enough to remember what happened.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Tried out two new shows

The Deuce
Star Trek Discovery

The Deuce is pretty cool, 70s drama about the seedier side of New York

Star Trek Where to begin! The internet has been shitting on this show since it was announced and even I as expecting something awful but it isn't, it's great! Yes the uniforms aren't in line with a show that was made and very much of their time 50 years ago, yes they have change both the look and the character of the Klingons (again, just how relevant would 'space ruskies' have been in 2017) But the characters are strong and the show gripped me from the start, which is actually a first for any Star Trek show
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 11:03 pm

It's Schlock-Tober time again...

"Curtains" (1983)

A group of actresses gathers at a director's secluded country estate in order to audition for his new film. Soon a masked killer starts whittling down the competition one by one.
This slow moving, rather dull slasher/mystery takes way too long to get the body count moving. I'm told that it has something of a cult following nowadays, but it didn't do much for me. Skip it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 5:37 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Kong Skull Island

No, I forgot.  It was getting pretty late when the credits rolled.  I'll have to go back and check it out.

You should enjoy that part.

OK I went back and watched the post-credits scene. Is that setting the stage for the often-rumored remake of "D.A.M."?

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 31 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next