Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best of the big four's latest releases

Go down 
+22
exact33
Wrecked Neck
James B.
bgsully
Lari
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
ZombieHavoc
mc666
akeldama
Thrasher73
MoonChild
ultmetal
Thelemech
Boris2008
Required Fields
choosemetal
CrookedCross
nevermore
Witchfinder
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which one gets your vote ?
Slayer: repentless
Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Anthrax: for all kings
Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Metallica: hardwired
Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Megadeth: dystopia
Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 9:17 pm

I agree he needs to get pissed off again and I miss that Alice Cooper spin he puts on his vocals. His vox lack personality and character nowadays.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 10:10 pm

Dystopia is great, but Hardwired wins for most memorable.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 5:25 pm

No big surprises that on a christian forum, Megadeth wins by a wide margin & Slayer is dead last. The other two tied.

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 5:33 pm

mc666 wrote:
No big surprises that on a christian forum, Megadeth wins by a wide margin & Slayer is dead last. The other two tied.

I like all of the Big 4 to a degree. I didn't get into Slayer until a few years ago and as I've said before that as far as Metallica goes I don't really like them pre-Load except for some Mustaine stuff I have and KEA and RTL. I've always liked Anthrax, my first Metal cassette was Spreading The Disease.

I like Hardwired...To Self-Destruct quite a bit and For All Kings was pretty good and Repentless just hasn't done much for me. In all honesty none of the newest albums from the Big 4 did much for me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Megadeth

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 3:10 pm

mc666 wrote:

I'm the least Christian person on here but the Megadeth album was decent and Slayer just sounds like some old dude yelling at kids to get off his f*cking lawn!

If I want to jam something in 2016 that sounds like Slayer but not quite, I'll stick to Hellbringer

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I'm the least Christian person on here but the Megadeth album was decent and Slayer just sounds like some old dude yelling at kids to get off his f*cking lawn!

If I want to jam something in 2016 that sounds like Slayer but not quite, I'll stick to Hellbringer

Who says your the least Christian person here???? I'm less Christian than you and mc666 combined! Lol

That hellbringer stuff is good, but damn they have a little too much Slayer worship going on. Even the album cover looks like a Slayer cover. I do like them though, just wish they sounded less like Slayer. I also wish Slayer sounded more like Hellbringer these days too! headbanger

Far as the poll is concerned, I voted Slayer. Not because it blew me away, though I did like it somewhat, but because it's the only one I bought out of those four. I might pick up the megadeth album one of these days, but the couple songs I heard off the anthrax album did nothing for me, so probably won't be getting that one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:52 pm

easily megadeth for me. I thought the new metallica was good but the newest anthrax was not good.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Metallica, followed by Slayer. Can barely remember anything about the Megadeth and Anthrax albums. They're not bad, of course, but...I don't know, mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 10:09 am

mc666 wrote:

lol!
The only metal forum where you get votes for being just another born again, paranoid X junkie....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Olafsto wrote:
mc666 wrote:

lol!
The only metal forum where you get votes for being just another born again, paranoid X junkie....

or maybe because the music was more memorable than Slayers...

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 4:29 am

ultmetal wrote:
Anthrax followed closely by Megadeth.

Ditto! The new Anthrax is so damn catchy. Dystopia is pretty darn catchy too but not quite at the level of For All Kings.

The new Metallica isn't bad but I just don't find myself in the mood to give it many more spins. As for Slayer, I stopped following them ages ago.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:22 pm

This might be the first for me in a very long time, but I think I'm going to go with Slayer. I think all four have elements that are enjoyable, but the most consistent for me is Repentless.

1. Repentless
2. Dystopia
3. Hard Wired
4. For All Kings
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:30 pm

I too went with MegaDave and company. Jeebus compelled me not to vote otherwise. What a Face

Metallica might have had a shot if the album was whittled down to maybe a single disc. I'm hitting the skip button too often.

Slayer is Slayer. I like it.

Anthrax? I'm not sure what's going on there. That album stinks like roadkill.

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best of the big four's latest releases
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2