Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best of the big four's latest releases

Go down 
+22
exact33
Wrecked Neck
James B.
bgsully
Lari
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
ZombieHavoc
mc666
akeldama
Thrasher73
MoonChild
ultmetal
Thelemech
Boris2008
Required Fields
choosemetal
CrookedCross
nevermore
Witchfinder
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which one gets your vote ?
Slayer: repentless
Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_lcap14%Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Anthrax: for all kings
Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_lcap14%Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Metallica: hardwired
Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_lcap16%Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Megadeth: dystopia
Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_lcap56%Best of the big four's latest releases Vote_rcap
 56% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Best of the big four's latest releases Empty
PostSubject: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 2:14 pm

That is one interesting battle headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Megadeth
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 2:58 pm

I went with Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 4:20 pm

I went with Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Megadeth, hands down.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Megadeth!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 6:28 pm

007 wrote:
I went with Megadeth.

As did I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Megadeth, not close for me but I do like some of the Metallica the other two did nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Megadeth FTW!!! Best of the big four's latest releases 506406
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Anthrax followed closely by Megadeth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 1:27 am

Megadeth headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 5:13 am

Megadeth easily. Anthrax is ok but hasn't left a lasting impression. Metallica I can't get into it at all.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 am

I went with slayer. Although megadeth was very good, I found repentless to be very aggressive and memorable.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 9:55 am

Megs for sure but overall I found Dystopia to be underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 2:07 pm

akeldama wrote:

I consider dystopia to be their best and heaviest since united abominations.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 9:49 pm

It goes like this for me...
Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, then Anthrax.

First time in a long time that Megadeth hasn't been dead last in my book.

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I consider dystopia to be their best and heaviest since united abominations.

I don't totally disagree with that. Endgame took up until the release of Super Collider for me to dig it. As for Dystopia half the album is stellar IMO and the rest ranges from ok to pretty good. Something about it still doesn't gel with me. If Dave keep his word that blast beats will be on the next album that's gonna kick some ass for sure.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 12:59 am

akeldama wrote:
If Dave keep his word that blast beats will be on the next album that's gonna kick some ass for sure.

I like blast beats as much as the next guy, but spew out radio friendly melodic metal with him gently crooning over top of it & it's useless. He needs to get pissed off again. He hasn't gotten pissed in over 25 years.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Metallica by a very wide margin.

The other 3 were mediocre, at best.

Although, Megadeth wins hands down for packaging, and Metallica is the worst, again by a very wide margin. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:11 pm

mc666 wrote:
akeldama wrote:
If Dave keep his word that blast beats will be on the next album that's gonna kick some ass for sure.

I like blast beats as much as the next guy, but spew out radio friendly melodic metal with him gently crooning over top of it & it's useless. He needs to get pissed off again. He hasn't gotten pissed in over 25 years.

I agree! Not a great album in nearly as many years either... I havent even bothered istening to the 3 latest.

Whining doesn`t work as good as anger Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Olafsto wrote:
mc666 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I agree! Not a great album in nearly as many years either... I havent even bothered istening to the 3 latest.

Whining doesn`t work as good as anger Smile

So you guys are saying he needs to get...Angry Again?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:36 pm

I'm gonna go Team Deth on this one.

I like the new Metallica but I haven't really had it long enough to decide where it stacks up, and for whatever reason, the new Anthrax did nothin' for me. I bought that the first day of release, spun it a few times, and it hasn't come off the shelf since.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I like the new Metallica but I haven't really had it long enough to decide where it stacks up, and for whatever reason, the new Anthrax did nothin' for me. I bought that the first day of release, spun it a few times, and it hasn't come off the shelf since.

I feel the same way about Anthrax. Still need to get metallica and give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I feel the same way about Anthrax. Still need to get metallica and give it a fresh spin.

Yeah that Anthrax album is forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Should make a night out of listening to all 4, one after another. Or alternating a track off each, from beginning to end.

Having said that, I still haven't actually bought any of them! I'll get to them when I have more time, I guess. Possibly after I retire in 30 years...

Currently none of these bands are high on my priority list. And I used to like 'em all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of the big four's latest releases   Best of the big four's latest releases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best of the big four's latest releases
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next