Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)

Go down 
+15
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
KissinMaiden
TheGooch
GrandNational
MoonChild
T-Roy
DallasBlack
Rex
Smindas
ultmetal
Wargod
Invader
7thSecond
ghost
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

old school (minus the big 4)
Exodus
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap12%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 12% [ 14 ]
Forbidden
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap8%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
Sodom
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap6%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 7 ]
Kreator
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap10%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 10% [ 11 ]
Sacred Reich
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap4%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 5 ]
Overkill
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap12%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 12% [ 13 ]
Sabbat
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap3%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Vengeance Rising
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap4%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 5 ]
Deliverance
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap3%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Testament
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap16%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 16% [ 18 ]
Dark Angel
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap5%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 6 ]
Death Angel
 4% [ 4 ]
Tourniquet
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap5%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 6 ]
Destruction
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap6%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 7 ]
Defiance
old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_lcap2%old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 113

AuthorMessage

old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Empty
PostSubject: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:17 am

Okay - setting aside the big 4, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth - which of these bands do you prefer?

Old school thrash now!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:19 am

Although Sodom and Kreator are my all time favorites, I went ahead and voted for:

Sodom
Kreator
Forbidden
and
Exodus

as I like them all almost equally.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:25 am

Sodom, Kreator, Overkill
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 am

Testament for me.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:24 am

Sodom, Kreator, Forbidden, Exodus, Dark Angel, Testament
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:25 am

I cannot answer this poll.... Sad Most bands you listed are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:45 am

Overkill no contest!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:54 am

Out of those, Overkill & Dark Angel are my favorites, but I can't talk about thrash without speaking of my love of Paradox and Wrath........
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:09 am

Where is the All of the Above option? 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:27 am

Sabbat, Testament and Exodus get my vote.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:35 am

Testament easily.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:39 am

MIA: Annihilator

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:19 am

I went ahead and chose Testament, Overkill, and Tourniquet. Testament was one of my first non-Big 4 introduction to thrash followed closely by Overkill. Before I got rid of my CDs when I converted, I had every Testament album and six Overkill albums (I Hear Black to Coverkill). My saving grace then (as far as thrash goes) was Tourniquet so I couldn't choose between those three.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:34 am

Vengeance Rising, although from what I've heard and learned on this board, Testament were the grandfathers! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Exodus
Forbidden
Overkill
Testament...these are the big 4 as far as im concerned.

Where's Realm,Heathen & Powermad ?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Testament
Overkill
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 pm

Testament followed by Overkill
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 pm

i will vote for Sacred Reich as i prefer them to testament which are the two bands i have any albums buy from that list
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:24 pm

all of them except like 3
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:28 pm

seriously

Exodus
Destruction
Overkill
Death Angel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:22 pm

and my votes go to!

exodus
forbidden
sodom
kreator
testament
destruction
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:31 pm

if i had to choose 1, it'll be OVERKILL. immortalis is currently being spun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MIA: Annihilator

lol!

I remembered them a little later - after pulling the trigger. Actually I thought of quite a few. When I did this poll last night, these bands were just off the top of my head - I didn't go by anything.

Good calls on Annihilator and Heathen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Exodus
Testament
Sodom

annnd....I dunno...Maybe Kreator? Why not?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:23 am

I went with Forbidden.Although it could have been Exodus or Overkill,maybe even Testament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)   old school thrash (minus the BIG 4) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

old school thrash (minus the BIG 4)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next