Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hatchet......More New School Thrash!

Go down 
+6
Thrasher73
ultmetal
zombiewalkin
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
Todd Jaymz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:40 pm

🤘 New band out on Metalblade, young band and very Thrash. It's been fun checking out all of the new school Thrash bands coming out-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:47 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/metal-blade-s-latest-signing-hatchet-t2729.htm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Oops sorry about that-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:26 pm

this kicks ass! thrash is on the way back in, grunge is dead, numetal is now no longer the "in" thing, and there are more innovations in death metal than there have been for a while! metal is forever!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:46 am

i had a check of the myspace and they sound pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm

I just got the cd last week, I think it will be a solid release. Not over the top but pretty decent-TJ
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:45 am

Listen to it here...

http://www.metalblade.de/thenewx-treme/index.php?mod=stream

I like it. Something about the lead singer reminds me a little of the guy from Death Angel.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:03 am

WOW! Something new that DOESNT SOUND LIKE METALCORE OR SOMETHING JUST AS BAD!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I just got the cd last week, I think it will be a solid release. Not over the top but pretty decent-TJ

Better or worse than Fueled by Fire?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:38 am

Just ordered a copy.Sounds good to me.I can hear the similarities in the vocals,MG
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:42 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Just ordered a copy.Sounds good to me.I can hear the similarities in the vocals,MG

I just happened to be listening to the new Death Angel this morning when I stopped the cd to listen to Hatchet and it sounded vaugely familiar. Kooky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:17 pm

So, Metalguy, you think this sounds at all like Death Angel? Maybe in the vocal department?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:22 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
So, Metalguy, you think this sounds at all like Death Angel? Maybe in the vocal department?

Death Angel!?! That's crazy. Where did you hear that? I never said that.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm

WAY better than Fueled By Fire!!!!!!! This recording of Hatchet doesn't do them justice. Before they had this energy and aggression on their demo's and now the guitars sound really flat. Still a great album though. If you ever get the chance, go see these guys live!! AoB has played with them numerous times and they are the coolest guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Wow! That guitar tone sounds like ass.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

yeah,the riffing sounds kinda buried but the leads stand out good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:06 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
yeah,the riffing sounds kinda buried but the leads stand out good
I'll still buy it, but these bands have got to stop trying to sound old school. You can't replicate that sound unless you basically go back in time and use only the equipment and recording media available then. Or if you have some amazing producer. Too often they screw up the recording (see this band and Fuel By Fire, for example).

Just make it heavy! It doesn't have to sound like it was recorded on a 4-track recorder in a dungeon. Most of the time it just comes off sounding like it was recorded in an empty dumpster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:18 pm

Personally, from those myspace tunes, I love the guitar sound. My ears have been trained for 20 years to listen to thrash that way. That is probably why I can't get into any of the new Exodus, Overkill, Death Angel, etc. Too produced. However Municipal Waste is pulling off thier recording is the way I like it. Old and New. Perfection.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm only listening to the samples on-line through crappy computer speakers and it sounds fine to me. I look forward to hearing the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:10 pm

They kinda remind me of Temple of Blood but less technical.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:15 am

Seen them live in the Bay Area and they bring it
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:45 pm

So I hear these guys got a new vocalist & bass player. Anyone heard the new guy? I dug the old vocalist on Awaiting Evil. I hope the new guys not a WOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG screamer.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:29 am

I've yet to hear this band. So many CDs, so little money.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So I hear these guys got a new vocalist & bass player. Anyone heard the new guy? I dug the old vocalist on Awaiting Evil. I hope the new guys not a WOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG screamer.

He's quite good actually.He reminds me a little of Russ Anderson of Forbidden.He has that mid range clean sound.I look forward to a new one from them.The guitar tone sounds much better on their new song too.check out signals of infection on their myspace.

www.myspace.com/hatchet2006
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 am

I liked the old singer's style though he wasn't up to speed on social skills. This is one of the newer bands that I like both the cd and the onstage performance. Hope they keep it together and do the thing Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Headbang

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet......More New School Thrash!   Hatchet......More New School Thrash! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hatchet......More New School Thrash!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next