Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)

Go down 
+22
Dark Horseman
exact33
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
James B.
Witchfinder
mc666
Grimmo
ultmetal
manny
scottmitchell74
Aaron_D
nevermore
Gilbert
Required Fields
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 8:52 am

Anyone seeing them live on tour for this album? Please report back! Beyond the two singles--if that's what they are--that have been released, I would love to hear "Shine On" and "Come Heavy" live!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 am

I may try and swing out to get it today but the place I'm sure will have it is a decent drive from me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 am

007 wrote:
I may try and swing out to get it today but the place I'm sure will have it is a decent drive from me.

It's a new overkill album. Worth the long drive imo Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Sounds like everything they've released since The Killing Kind. No complaints from me.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 6:11 pm

I had no problems acquiring it at my Best Buy and some times it's a 50/50 proposition once you get to Sunday on a first weekend release. It was up front in the new release box, which houses Blu-Ray's and C.D's for $8.99
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
I'd love to pick it up today but my only option is Best Buy and apparently they only have the vinyl version of it. Not good for me. Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 352445

Just for the heck of it, I checked Best Buy's web site and they still have The Grinding Wheel listed as a "pre-order." According to them, the album comes out on 2/17 (a week from today). WTF? Everyplace else shows its release date as 2/10.

You know, I decided to check on that yesterday and saw that release date for the CD was the 17th. I figured I could wait til then. But then, I checked it it today and lo and behold it was listed in stock. Needless to say, I stopped on my way home from work and picked it up. Now to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Ordered my copy yesterday from amazon. Now the wait...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 pm

I listened to the album for the first time today. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 pm

glassprison wrote:
Anyone seeing them live on tour for this album? Please report back! Beyond the two singles--if that's what they are--that have been released, I would love to hear "Shine On" and "Come Heavy" live!

The tour kicked off last night in Philly and it looks like you're out of luck. They played "Mean, Green, Killing Machine" and "Goddamn Trouble" from the new album. They also played "Emerald."

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/overkill/2017/trocadero-theatre-philadelphia-pa-53f867f1.html
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:37 am

Witchfinder wrote:
glassprison wrote:

The tour kicked off last night in Philly and it looks like you're out of luck.  They played "Mean, Green, Killing Machine" and "Goddamn Trouble" from the new album.  They also played "Emerald."

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/overkill/2017/trocadero-theatre-philadelphia-pa-53f867f1.html
Man, nothing from Taking Over? That's just not right. Still wish I could go see them this year, but I have to work unfortunately.

Grinding Wheel is a killer album! Just got mine yesterday, but haven't listened to the whole thing yet. Surprised they aren't playing the title track live, that song kicks some serious ass! headbanger
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:13 am

Oh well, there are too many outstanding cuts to make the setlist, I realize. The last time I saw them was on the Gigantour with Megadeth when they had a fairly limited time slot. I hope to get the chance to see them as the headlining act again soon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:20 am

That's a sweet setlist. I'd love to see something from Bloodletting in there but when you have such an extensive discography, it's hard to include everything.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:27 am

Still waiting on my copy in the mail. I still love living out in the middle of nowhere.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:44 am

James B. wrote:
Still waiting on my copy in the mail.  I still love living out in the middle of nowhere.

amazon is dropping my copy off tomorrow.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 11:10 am

I listened and it's good but seemed like a step down from the last few albums. Might have to listen more, their albums do tend to grow on me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 1:08 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
I'd love to pick it up today but my only option is Best Buy and apparently they only have the vinyl version of it. Not good for me. Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 352445

Just for the heck of it, I checked Best Buy's web site and they still have The Grinding Wheel listed as a "pre-order." According to them, the album comes out on 2/17 (a week from today). WTF? Everyplace else shows its release date as 2/10.

You know, I decided to check on that yesterday and saw that release date for the CD was the 17th. I figured I could wait til then. But then, I checked it it today and lo and behold it was listed in stock. Needless to say, I stopped on my way home from work and picked it up. Now to listen to it.

I found my copy at Best Buy, right up front in a "new release" cardboard display. Funny thing, I think that was the only spot for cds. Near as I could tell, they don't have a cd/music section anymore. At least not in the Best Buy I was at.

As for the album itself, it's decent. Sounds like Overkill and that's good enough for me. The Thin Lizzy cover bonus track was a nice touch.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 pm

That's how our BB is too. Only one little indie store left in town.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:26 pm

My BB still has a rack of music but it's selection is rather uneventful (at least for an old metal fart like me). They didn't even put Overkill in the new release stand, they were just in the rack under the "O" section.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

I noticed the last few times I was in the BB by work, their music section was getting smaller and smaller, so I'm not surprised that it went away. While the BB near home still has a small-ish section, I guess it's only a matter of time before that too goes away.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

The last time I was in my local Best Buy was back in Nov. to pickup the new Metallica album. They used to have a sizable music dept but bit by bit it's dribbled away. Now it's essentially one ten foot rack of mostly greatest hits discs with a handful of new releases on the end cap.

Their DVD/Bluray movie selection has similarly downsized, though they still devote a heck of a lot more floor space to those than they do to CDs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 5:32 pm

I imagine that is a sign to come - everything digital and little if any physical product. Just why i love Amazon.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Not to derail this thread (which I can't since it's already derailed) but the death of physical format music and movies is why I keep hanging on to everything in my collections of both. I'm hoping they can eventually supplement the Toho retirement fund.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Probably some of it will be worth money someday.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Probably some of it will be worth money someday.

either that or we look like those beanie baby folks Laughing very hard

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:40 pm

A real possibility. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)   Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - "GRINDING WHEEL" (Feb. 2017)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next