Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news Empty
PostSubject: Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news   Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 10:11 am

http://melodicrock.com/articles/news-feed/2016/07/04/exclusive-rik-emmett-project-boasts-triumph-reunion-more#.V3nr5jatbCM.facebook

Quote :
MelodicRock Exclusive:

I can exclusively reveal a few details behind Canadian legend RIK EMMETT's new project. The album is due out later this year, but will not be under Rik's name, rather the moniker RES9 (RIK EMMETT RESOLUTION 9) in it's expanded form.

Recently Rik and the other members of TRIUMPH posted a picture of the trio working together in the studio on a song for Rik's album.

I can now deliver the news that the trio are recording THREE new TRIUMPH songs for the project.

But that's not all. There are some other very special guests on the RES9 project - Rush guitarist ALEX LIFESON and Dream Theater vocalist JAMES LABRIE!

There is a lot of effort being put into this behind the scenes, stay tuned for more!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news   Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 6:32 am

I am somewhat excited about this but try not to get my hopes up. I am hoping it has a classic sound and not something along the lines of "Sport Of Kings". There were a few good tracks from the last 2 albums with them as a trio and tons of filler. Maybe if we can get 3 cool classic sounding tracks I can get excited about this. I didn't care for Rik's solo stuff because it was so different than say "R&R Machine" type Triumph. That is what I am hoping for.

Looking forward to hearing what Alex has to offer!
Back to top Go down

Some cool Rik Emmet/Triumph news
Page 1 of 1