Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Triumph - Thunder Seven

Go down 
+13
mikeinfla
metalinmyveins
Wargod
metalken
James B.
stepcousin
JBall_Z
krokus
nevermore
Vexer6
Louder
ultmetal
17 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Triumph - Thunder Seven Empty
PostSubject: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

Any Triumph fans here? What's your thoughts on Thunder Seven? Personally I think it's a fantastic hard rock album.

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

I love me some Triumph. "Spellbound" and "Follow Your Heart" are 2 of my favorites, so Thunder Seven is kick ass in my book!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 am

Spellbound is my favorite song by Triumph. I love their music.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Thunder Seven has a special place in my heart. It was one of the three first Rock albums I ever purchased (along with Sammy Hagar's VOA and Weird Al's In 3D--what a great day that was).

Much love for Triumph here. Rik Emmett ruled.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Love these, one of my favorite bands from the Canada along with Helix, shame they had such an ugly breakup.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Love Triumph ! Love Thunder Seven ! It's my favorite release of their's (in fact,it's their last great release before slowly going down hill)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Thunder Seven is an awesome album! Probably my favorite Triumph release.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:24 pm

I like this album too, but i realy like them all, with RIK on it. They also released two cool dvds. One with the US FESTIVAL show from back in 83 i think and the other dvd is with an other great show from the 80s with a lot of lights and great stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm

For three guys they made a lot of good noise.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I like Triumph, but for some reason, the only album I own by them is "Just A Game". I love this album. As a matter of fact, I had the opportunity to see them at the Harrisburg Forum when they were touring for this album. It would have been my first concert ever. My older brother was going to take me, but I reluctantly passed because I was supposed to see my girlfriend, my first love, naked for the first time that night. Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
"Spellbound" and "Follow Your Heart" are 2 of my favorites

I didnt like this album when it first came out and those 2 songs were pretty much the reason why. Im my opinion and the opinions of many others I knew, they had ventured into the pop music realm; a no man's land that so many bands were starting to go. I had "Just A Game", "Prog of Power", "Never Surrender", and my alltime favorite Triumph album "Allied Forces", and I was dissapointed with this album. It wasnt until I got the live album "Stages" that I started to warm up to their hit songs from Thunder 7. Fastforward 20+ years down the road and I love it; I love the whole "Time" theme that weaves throughout the album, almost a concept album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 am

Great band, has anbody else ever tried to play the board game on the "Just A Game" album?

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Growing up in Canada, Triumph was very,very huge. They had radio airplay not just on the rock stations, but on the pop/top 40 stations. And a lot of my friends were big fans - myself included.

Thunder Seven was the last totally great Triumph release. The three that followed were not bad, they just seemed to lack the edge that the first seven had. I also believe that this was the last record they made in which the trio wrote everything; as outside writers entered the picture by label request. Even though the two singles propelled this record, the other tracks were in no way filler.

I saw the band (only time) on this tour. One of the best shows I have ever seen over the 30 years of show going. The light show they employed is by far the most impressive I had the chance to catch live. The next release, the live recording 'Stages', was the Thunder Seven tour set list.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:04 pm

I love Triumph last year I got all their cds for cheap from Amazon!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 4:12 pm

I've been giving Triumph a proper listen to lately. I've started at the beginning and made my way up to "Thunder Seven" today. I don't think Triumph will ever be a band that will blow me away, but I understand why people enjoy them to the extent they do. They're a solid band and this effort is solid as well.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Their early albums are great. Around Sport Of Kings they lost me a bit. Some decent tunes on those late releases but nothing like the late 70's and early 80's stuff.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Great lp, saw them on this tour, fantastic show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Always loved Triumph. No frills kick ass tuneage! The 2 singles alone make this album great but deep cuts like "Stranger In A Strange Land" and "Time Goes By" are awesome too. This one ranks third fave or me behind Allied Forces and Never Surrender.

When I was younger ('85/86 or so) there was a local rock station that played classic albums late at night. They would do side 1, then commercials, and then side 2. I was flipping channels and came across Triumph's "World Of Fantasy" and thought it was awesome. Reminded me of Survivor at first. hen they came back from commercial I decided to tape side 2 and was introduced to "Never Surrender" a song that still makes my classic rock playlists today. I have everything except the King Biscuit show on disc and cassette.

metalinmyveins, glad you are aboard the Rock and Roll Machine!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 am

Better late then never, Triumph is a great band.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 am

Love triumph.... Thunder seven is a great album and I would place it number 2 right behind Allied Forces....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - Thunder Seven   Triumph - Thunder Seven Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triumph - Thunder Seven
Page 1 of 1