Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Empty
PostSubject: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:22 pm

This was my first Triumph album (3 years ago this August). I found it in some obscure used-cd store in Winnipeg, which is odd considering that I've never seen this anywhere else since.

At any rate, this is one stellar live album. Not only does the performance exceed the one on Stages, US Festival, and (particularly) A Night Of Triumph but the set list is phenominal, as the show was recorded during their tour for the classic Allied Forces.

Comments on this little golden nugget?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm a big fan of the other live albums but didn't even know about this one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. The set list does look great.

I actually saw Triumph do their soundcheck when they came through South Bend on one of their tours. I was attending a soccer camp as a kid at Notre Dame and they were playing that night. A bunch of us went and sat in the seats (the ACC never had security and you could just walk around the complex) and watched them go through the soundcheck. They even played Magic Moment and Fight The Good Fight. I was very young but in reality that could possibly count as my first rock concert experience.

King Biscuit Flower Hour used to in the late eighties have a syndicated radio show on my local radio station on Sundays. They would have some great stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:23 am

I found this at a used cd shop as well. I dig it but Ive heard other KBFH recordings before and this one sounds a bit rough, on headphones it almost sounds mono (with the exception of the drums). Ive heard other live recordings and boots by Triumph and they all sound better than this, with the guitar 2/3rds to the left and the bass to the right. you know what I mean, right?
But is it a neat little live album, with some rare live recordings not found on any other live album or boot. So for that it is worth it.
That little rant near the end by the bass player is funny, talkin' about smokin' a little weed & stuff. Mike Levine is definately the odd man out most of the time and you never hear him talk any other time and on this album you cant get him to shut up!! just funny.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 3:57 pm

stepcousin wrote:
I found this at a used cd shop as well. I dig it but Ive heard other KBFH recordings before and this one sounds a bit rough, on headphones it almost sounds mono (with the exception of the drums). Ive heard other live recordings and boots by Triumph and they all sound better than this, with the guitar 2/3rds to the left and the bass to the right. you know what I mean, right?
But is it a neat little live album, with some rare live recordings not found on any other live album or boot. So for that it is worth it.
That little rant near the end by the bass player is funny, talkin' about smokin' a little weed & stuff. Mike Levine is definately the odd man out most of the time and you never hear him talk any other time and on this album you cant get him to shut up!! just funny.....

I like how on the Night of Triumph Live DVD he swears. It sounds so funny coming from him because he's such a chill, monotone guy.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:21 pm

There's also an older King Biscuit recording of Triumph from the Rock n Roll Machine tour. I used to have it on cassette. But it's probably long gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:01 pm

brontotex wrote:
There's also an older King Biscuit recording of Triumph from the Rock n Roll Machine tour. I used to have it on cassette. But it's probably long gone.

That must have been sweet. I've been looking for boots of their old days for a long time. I'd love to have a show from the RNRM or the first album tours. They have a lot of awesome material that has gained little attention over the years. I'd love to hear "What's Another Day Of Rock'n'Roll", "Takes Time", "Little Texas Shaker", and "New York City Streets - Part II" live. Those songs have such crunchy riffs, which I bet sounded great in concerts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour   Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour
Page 1 of 1