Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool Queensryche News

Go down 
+9
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
TrogDawn
mc666
mr.electric39
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cool Queensryche News Empty
PostSubject: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:03 pm

Quote :
RockConfidential.com: There's a new hits collection ["Sign of the Times: Best Of"] coming out next month. How involved did you get to be on this one?

Tate: That's a real cool one. It's a two-record set. It's got songs that were hits, some live versions, some studio versions that didn't get used. There's also a disc of rarities. Chris DeGarmo and I recently wrote a song that's going to be included on that called "Justified". There's also some really weird stuff. Before I was in QUEENSRŸCHE I was in a band called MYTH. We wrote a lot of original songs and then the band broke up. I took those songs and brought them to QUEENSRŸCHE and we made different songs out of them. We retained a lot of lyrics and melodies. We've include those songs. Fans can see how inspiration for some of those songs came about. It's fun to hear that. There was a song that QUEENSRŸCHE originally wrote called "Waiting for the Kill" that didn't make the "Warning" album. Our producer at the time thought we needed to go back to the drawing board with that song. Chris, Michael and I re-wrote the song and turned it into "NM 156" which ended up on the album. You'll get to hear it in its original form and you can hear how we took it apart and turned it into something new.

RockConfidential.com: You mentioned working with Chris DeGarmo again. How did that come together and are there future plans to work together?

Tate: We've talked about working together again. We had a really good time working on this new song. It was fun hanging out again. We talked about doing other projects together — outside of QUEENSRŸCHE. It's definitely a possibility.
If anyone has ever heard those early Myth songs, you know they're pretty cool. I can post a few later, if anyone is interested. Sounds like a cool Best Of set.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:20 pm

I've heard "The Warning" demos including "Waiting for the Kill".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:29 pm

The disc of rarities might be kinda cool, but I lost interest in these guys after Empire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The disc of rarities might be kinda cool, but I lost interest in these guys after Empire.
They have some really cool old demos.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm

That sounds really cool. With the rarities, that release is a must buy
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:18 pm

The Ryche have always been a love it or hate it for me... I would be tempted to pick this one up. Those early demo idea might be pretty darn cool...

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:52 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
The Ryche have always been a love it or hate it for me... I would be tempted to pick this one up. Those early demo idea might be pretty darn cool...

:)
They are. There's an early demo that was used for "Anarchy-X;" there's a song called "Rage For Order," that never made the album; "Waiting For The Kill" became "NM156;" there's a cool demo called "Ballad In B Minor," which became "I Dream In Infrared." They've definitely got some cool songs. I'll upload some in a little bit when I get home.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

:)
They are. There's an early demo that was used for "Anarchy-X;" there's a song called "Rage For Order," that never made the album; "Waiting For The Kill" became "NM156;" there's a cool demo called "Ballad In B Minor," which became "I Dream In Infrared." They've definitely got some cool songs. I'll upload some in a little bit when I get home.

I'll be waiting... need some fresh meat.... just finished listening to my sons copy of United Abominations..... wow...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:47 pm

might be cool to hear.

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:16 pm

Here's those rare demos:

WAITING FOR THE KILL (became "NM156," parts used for "Roads To Madness")
FROM THE DARKSIDE
BALLAD IN B MINOR (became "I Dream In Infrared")
MYTH (aka "Walk In The Shadows")

I don't know where the "Rage For Order" demo is. That's the song that later became "Anarchy X," and I'm only guess that it's called "Rage For Order," but they say that in the song. I'll post it when I find it. "Waiting For The Kill" is such a killer song! "NM156" is awesome, but I kind of wish we'd heard the original a long time ago. "Myth" and "From The Darkside," I believe, are early Myth demos.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:35 pm

Cool. Thanks for uploading those! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:45 pm

thanks for the demo trax, much obliged.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:05 pm

Dude !!! thanks tons.... This is what I'm talking about !!!
Raw and loud !!!!.... very reminiscent of the 4 song ep.....
They kinda lost me when some of their stuff started to get so produced.... Lost some of the energy, I thought.... I'll probably need to look for some of this stuff again.... sigh.... $$$$$
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 am

Cool. I've actually not really been disappointed by QR. The first album I heard was "Empire," this after I'd booed them off stage years before when they opened for Def Leppard. Haha. I was such a turd back then (I was 14). After buying Empire, I bought their back catalog in reverse order—Mindcrime, Rage For Order, The Warning, the EP. I was blown away by this band that I booed so loudly! Haha.

Promised Land, I think, is their most underrated album. I love it. Then Hear In The Now Frontier, Q2K, and Tribe are all sort of in the same boat: solid rock albums with a few standout tracks, but nothing amazing. Mindcrime II is a step above those three albums; I think it has some killer tunes, but still falls short of being great.

Now...why did I just write all that?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 10:23 am

Very cool. Being a long time QR fan, I will most certainly purchase this.

Eyesore, I agree. I love all the albums up and through "Promise Land",
although I must confess when it came out I was disappointed in it. The
others aren't as bad as people make them out to be, especially Q2k and
Tribe. However, they just don't hold the same 'value' to me as the
others. I was never a big fan of the first Mindcrime, so I didn't
expect the second one would bowl me over. They are both good albums
too, but I much prefer Warning, the EP, Empire, etc.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 10:48 am

I'm snaggin that one for sure!

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 11:58 am

METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say.

TOTALLY GONNA BUY THAT SH*T!🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:08 pm

I heard the Ryche when the EP was first released... being 14 I wanted everysong to sound like 'Queen of The Reich'... which to me is still one of the greatest metal songs ever....

The Warning when it came out just kinda left me flat... Take Hold Of the Flame not withstanding.... then when rage came out... again... Not as 'crunchy' raw.... oh well.. but Mindcrime blew my doors off... Heavy, Melodic, Fast... and catchy.... still need to go back to hear Rage... again... opinions can change over time... that's called growth I believe.....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Man, Rage For Order is my favorite QR album. It's sick! It's got this real eerie feeling to it, especially on songs like "London" and "Nueue Regel." And "The Whisper!" Man, what a riff! Anyone ever heard the original version of "Gonna Get Close To You?" I've never been able to find it. Some chick sang it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:01 pm

Yeah, I've heard the original "Gonna Get Close To You". I think my mom has that record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 pm

Quote :
The others aren't as bad as people make them out to be, especially Q2k and Tribe. However, they just don't hold the same 'value' to me as the others.

I'm the same way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 am

Q2k wasn't a bad record, but Tribe isn't really on my list of favorites (my friend let me borrow it. He friggin LOVES it.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm

axewielder wrote:
Q2k wasn't a bad record, but Tribe isn't really on my list of favorites (my friend let me borrow it. He friggin LOVES it.)
If you like Q2K, you should like Tribe. Neither are bad albums, and both are pretty much the same style. In fact, I'd say overall that Tribe is the better of the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 6:32 pm

I don't know. I just like Q2k over Tribe. Maybe I'll give Tribe another listen, and I'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 pm

axewielder wrote:
I don't know. I just like Q2k over Tribe. Maybe I'll give Tribe another listen, and I'll get back to you.
Hey, you can dig Q2K more! Laughing If you like Q2K, though, you may want to give Tribe another listen. It's good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Queensryche News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next